Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday, February 09th

Good morning everyone! Wakey Wakey!

A special shout out to AA that it is Wednesday today, not Saturday or Sunday. Still a work day, but it is Hump Day, so go make good on the name.

We have another storm here today so all schools have been cancelled. I was just out to shovel the deck and my steps and it's very cold, icy and lots of blowing snow. Stuck inside again, maybe today I'll check on the internet for fun kid things to do when trapped inside your house.

I hope everyone is doing fabulous today!

Morning guys!

I just went outside and it is frigid!!! Not blowing or snowing though today so that is good. I have an appointment with my LTD insurance today. They always put me through great anxiety but my doctor prepared me yesterday for the meeting and I will take my anti anxiety medication about a half hour before so I should be fine.

I began tidying out the laundry room yesterday so I will finish that task today and do a run to the dump and to goodwill. I am trying to declutter a little. I guess my way of thinking is that if I declutter my house a little maybe my brain will declutter - who knows. But it makes me feel useful so I'll go for it.

Then this afternoon a little bit of work on myself with some excercises the therapist gave me. Sorry for the rambling day by day but it helps me with my structure.

Anyway - hope everyone has a great one!
    Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

You're a funny gal BB - and if I were you I'd be on the lookout for stray snowballs! Just for that I am going to take Friday off so that I can sleep in and adjust my internal clock! I've been at my company so damn long that between vacation & personal days I have six weeks, and I never come close to using them all up! Not for lack of trying though....

Uni, good to see you this morning, and you are not rambling at all. I need to work at keeping myself a little more organized, so your post was a great reminder and I think I'll start with my 'to do' list at work!

Just an FYI as well, 39 days and counting until Spring....

Happy Hump Day to all to come, and hope it is a great day!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Good morning & Happy Hump Day Abbers!

Chilly here as well today but no snow, I'm grateful!
        Sorry about your snow situation BB......personally, it gets on my nerves.

Uni, good luck at your meeting today, hope all goes well for you

AA, I had a job that was so ridiculously busy I could never get any time off. When I left that job I walked away with a huge check for unused vacation time

Being self-employed now I take off all the time I want but not getting paid for it has it's drawbacks But, I am meeting some old friends for lunch this afternoon & that's more important to me than making money. We cheer each other on & always leave feeling great

Wishing everyone a super AF Wednesday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good Morning Abers!

Day 43 ( and I am 43!) and I am off! I have my goodbye lunch today. I am leaving my current position, where I have been since 1997. Bittersweet, because the move is semi voluntary and I am still having mixed emotions about the whole things .... which by the way, contributed to my tumble into the hospital some 43 days back. I am going to try very hard to be bright and cheerful .... but it will be hard!

Uni- good luck with your LTD carrier. My sis has been on the "plan" for the last 3 years ( MS) and has very good reason to be off, yet she too always gets sea monkeys in her tummy just before.

A fantastic day to you all!

Skoots
          "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Hi everyone

Looks like we all have a busy Wednesday!

Bb - sounds like you are ecoming quite the expert in shovelling snow! What fun things did you do with little gia today?

Uni - good to see you and hear what you are up to. I find decluttering quite cathartic and it tends to give me inspiration to deal with my life clutter. Seems like you are on the same track. I hope you get on ok with your led provider.

Aa - I hope you get the time off you rightfully deserve!

Lav - awesome about the three blue eggs! Have a lovely lunch with your friends. You are so right..there is more to life then making money!

Skoots - congrats on day 43. I hope you get some nice leaving presents!

Papmom - thanks for your words of encouragement! What's for you won't go by you as my granny would say!

Today was a pretty good day! Got lots of work done and made some positive steps. I have a meeting lined up with senior management to try and resolve some of the issues facing my team so fingers crossed it sorts itself out. Also got a huge pat on the back from the head of the bank in Scotland so rock on! Got my phone call lined up with the lady at wells Fargo for 130 am! Damn time difference but needs must!

Xx
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Hi guys,

Okay! Anxiety is through the roof but the meeting is done and all is okay. I know that they are on my side so that makes me feel better. I'm tired now, being so on edge for an hour and a half meeting does take a lot of energy out of you! But I feel better now that it's done.

Thanks for all of your kind words and support you guys!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Good to hear Uni - glad that you made it through safe and sound!
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hidy Ho ABland!

I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest

can't complain though as it seems I'm not doing much travel this week. weeeeeeee

Huge kudos to Skootie on the lucky day 43

Cassia, glad things are picking up

one things for sure: if AL comes knocking on my door he's getting a swift kick between the handkerchief and the spare change.

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just a quicky for me today. It has been a couple of days since I posted.

Been in a real rotten mood lately. Not drinking though, and have no intention of doing so. Not quite sure what is going on with me. I am not feeling depressed, but I am feeling like I am heading into a some sort of 'mid life' crisis. I have good and bad days about my dad being gone, but I think that isn't what is bothering me. Just really short on patience and have NO time for stupid people.

I dunno. Just bugging me that I keep having this feeling that there should be 'more' in this life.

Everything is fine in regards to working, kids, etc. Just feeling frustrated with something that I cannot put my finger on.

Anyway, have a great AF day everyone!!! I have no intentions on drinking at all, but if I miss a few days posting here and there, it is simply me being annoyed and frustrated trying to figure out what is going on.

xoxo

Comment

Uh oh AFM - having no patience with stupid people (I found out later) was an early menopause symptom for me - no kidding :H:H
                      I remember waking up in the mornings & instantly feeling (knowing) that I could easily kill anyone who got in my face that day..... Glad I'm over that now

Skootie, congrats on 43 days, sounds great!

Uni, hope you are relaxing now after today's stressful meeting.

I had a great lunch with my friends & treated myself to a new pair of boots (not the fashion kind but the kind you wear when feeding & watering chickens) & a new Smart Phone. Someone should treat me well & I decided today it might as well ME

Good luck with the call Cassia!

I'm watching my busy grandson EB tomorrow so there will be little work done by me.
                      A day with him is always fun

Have a good night all.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey all,

Well I just had the most awesome phone call ever. The lady was so helpful and is going to meet up with me while I am home in march and recommended a load of different websites and organisations that I should be getting involved with in new York city. I feel like I have finally got te breakthrough I have been looking for. So now I am too excited to sleep...

Xx

Comment

Great news Cassia, very happy for you
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks lav! Hard work and taking risks does pay off! If I hadn't had the guts to contact this woman randomly I wouldn't now have this contact.

Couldn't have done it without the super support that I have had from all of you!

X

Comment

Whoo Hoo Cassia!! Now you're rocking and rolling!! Try to get some sleep tho LOL!!

Lav-which smart phone did you get? I hope you love it as much as I love mine! You're going to have so much fun getting to know it and the apps! There are so many free ones your head will be spinning!!

AFM-Yep, been there in the Big M with the stupid people thing!! I still sometimes get the same way-wake up and look out world! No one better get in my way or else!! Luckily those mornings are fewer and farther between. There is an upside to the big M :H

Uni-good on you for getting through that meeting! Now rest and relax.

Deter-you're sounding very strong and I'm so happy you don't have to travel right now!!

Hey there AA

BB-thanks for starting us off this morning. I sure hope the snow stops soon!!

Humpday almost over-2 more days and then VACA!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X