AF Daily - Saturday Feb 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. --Chinese Proverb

Saw this quote this morning and it stood out to me. The challenges that I face in my life always seem so big and daunting when I first look at them (especially at work), and I wonder how in the hell I am ever going to complete them without failing. Funny thing is, when I break them down into smaller tasks they don't seem so big anymore, and invariably I DO get them done. Guess the same thing holds true with my drinking.... When I thought about stopping completely it just seemed like such a huge challenge and I always seemed to fail. Only when I broke it down into smaller tasks was I finally able to succeed.

Anyway, grateful to be sober this Saturday morning! Off in a while for a little swimming workout, and then headed with the family to see a movie. Supposed to finally get above freezing so let the snow melting begin!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Hey aa.

Awesome way to start the thread...this quote also rings true to me in so many ways. I don't even think about being af forever now, not cuz I don't want to be, but because it seems like a non issue. But I know if I get those sneaky drinking thoughts to take it odat! Makes it so much more manageable!

X
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Morning AA and Cassia and everyone who pops in today,

AA, great quote and how true is that! Things seem very overwhelming when you look at it as a whole, but if you break it down and work from it that way it can be done! Thanks for starting the thread! What movie are you going to see?

Cassia, any plans for today?

I just made a rather large chicken pasta salad for the dance tonight to help and handed that over, delicious! I havent heard from my babysitter yet, so I may or may not be going..who knows. I'll hopefully find out sometime today. It' still in the negative here today for weather, and I read that we're supposed to have atleast 1 more good storm coming. There's a shocker. I need to stock up on chips and pop if that's going to happen and some fruit.

Comment

BB, the young one wants to go see 'Nomeo and Juliet' - quality programming! Hope you get to go tonight as it sounds like it will be fun - and its always nice to get out of the house to interact with other adults!

Morning as well to Cassia.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

That movie looks so cute! I personally find Nomes a little creepy but the movie does look cute, I wouldn't mind seeing it myself with Little Gia. It will be nice to get out among adults, I never really get out much and these days I'm not feeling very social. I don't know if it's the season, or the fact that maintaining my sobriety is very important to me, even on a small scale.

Comment

Hey BB and AA

BB - already had a really productive day - got the cat to the vet, went to the gym, cupcakes in the over and now just doing some job hunting. What dance are you going to tonight?

AA - enjoy the movies!

L x

Comment

Wow! You did have a productive day already! Woohoo! What kind of cupcakes are you baking? I've got some here sitting infront of me as well.
              My brother is in a band and they are having a Valentines Dance tonight, so I'm going to sit with a few friends and my family and enjoy the show. He does an awesome Johnny Cash.

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Haven't done a thing yet myself AA, Cassia & BB - just enjoying my French roast coffee
                My list of chores was emailed to YB yesterday - he'll be here shortly. Good!

Enjoy the movies, the dance, the cupcakes - whatever you are doing today

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...I have to ask... What dors yb stand for?

Bb - they are yellow cake muffins. Nothing fancy!

X

Comment

Good morning all! Hope no one minds me popping in here from the just starting out thread. I have 41 days under my belt today and since I know moderation isn't in the cards for me - found myself lurking here the past few. Sounds like you all are keeping busy and doing fun things without AL which always was a problem for me.

It certainly is enlightening to realize that not only is is just as much fun to go out and spend time with friends alcohol free, but you actually remember the good times you had! Going out to dinner with some good friends tonight (1 couple doesn't drink at all, the other hardly at all) so no temptation. Sober life feels so wonderful that I can't imagine going back.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hi Jolie and :welcome:!! 41 days is huge!! that's about when I joined this thread and I never looked back!! Hop on board!!

Have fun at the movies AA-I thought it looked cute too!

BB-Hope you get to go to the dance-sounds like a lot of fun!

Cassia-you put me to shame!! It's 12 noon here and all I've done is round up my cords in my office and put it in a makeshift cable box-idea I got from Bluelounge - Simple solutions to daily problems, transforming the most every day item into objects of desire.. Cheapest I can find on Amazon/Ebay is $32 and I refuse to pay that for a plastic box although it is ingenious. I'm going to try to make a nicer looking one than the one I juryrigged but at least my desk is neater now. I've got a whole house to clean before tomorrow morning when company comes before we go to the Dock Diving Exhibition. Lunch and then buckling down!!

Lav-I'll be PMing you this week-I've hatched a plan and it includes you!!

The WW weighin was HORRIBLE this morning! I knew it would be bad but not as bad at it was. I am now officially heavier than I've ever been and I bet if I had blood work done tomorrow the numbers would be off the charts!! This sugar thing is killing me! I was able to talk to my leader about it and she totally understood. She recommended a book called "Eat Right 4 Your Type". Anyone heard of it and/or tried it? Eating based on bloodtype. I'm getting it from the library on Monday.

Better get my rear in gear! Talk to you all tonite.
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jolie, feel free to pop in anytime - and congrats on the 41 days! This is a great place to hang out, as everyone is committed to maintaining their sobriety, and I always seem to be able to take something positive from each thread.

Comment

aFTERNOON FABS!

oops.

Thanks for the start AA! That philosophy reminds me of the black hole (for those of you that don't rememeber, it was the wreck I made of my office while drinking). I couldn't carry stones until I quit drinking though. Wow, that seems like another lifetime. Actually, it WAS.

Started out with yoga today. Whoever was supposed to open the gym.... didn't. All these people were in the parking lot waiting. The people that work there are on the young side and the general assumption was that the person was out partying last night and was oversleeping. I thought that was interesting - that it was assumed.

Oyster roast party today. These people used to have one every year and then quit for a while. I think this will be my first AF one. But this group has now figured out that I am REALLY AF for good; that it wasn't just a phase.

Welcome jolie!

Is limers still with us?

Sober Saturdays rock!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey guys! Holy busy today for everyone. It's 2pm here, I have already taken in an AA meeting, grouted the backsplash and cleaned the basement. Oh, and did 30 minutes on the eliptical. I'm a little tired now! LOL

But, I do need to clean the kitchen from the mess I made and do the assignment that I've been putting off for 2 weeks (bad UNI). I think I'll pull out some salmon for tonight for a nice dinner. Not sure yet what the rest of the day holds. But I know it'll be sober.

And........that's all for me!

Love and hugs,
                            Uni
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

Hey Pap, I've read that book. It pretty much makes sense to me for my blood type, I enjoyed it and have taken some recommendations from it. So far it's been better for me in certain areas.

Jolie, congrats on all the AF days and welcome to the thread!

Greenie, an oyster roast party? You're going to have to tell me more about that one!

Uni, you sound amazing lovey! And you're quite handy as well around the house! Love it. Take some pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X