Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thread - Feb. 14 - 20

Good Morning All

That seems hard for me to understand that someone with many years is no different than a newcomer. Guess the more time I get the more that will make sense. So far, it just tells me that we all need to keep working it daily. For me working it daily means reading, meditating, checking in at MWO every day and going to as many meetings as I can.

Have a super AF day and thanks for all who share and help us all work this one day at a time.

HG
    AF 01/30/10

Look Back & Thank God
    Look Forward & Trust God
    Look Around & Serve God
    Look Within & Find God

Comment

DG - Congrats on 1001 days!!!!!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Mary, I'm starting to totally "get" where your sponsor is coming from. Like you HG - I did NOT get that at first!! For me, each day sober means a day of LIVING instead of a day of dying. So my sober time matters a lot to me in that regard. Like you HG - I gotta do the stuff each day that supports my sobriety. Otherwise....well - I don't even want to think about that. I cherish sobriety and also all the wonderful new friends and growth opportunities that have come with it. No more of that dark place where in the end, I mostly thought about not wanting to die and not wanting to live.

Thanks Dance!!!

I'm very grateful to be traveling this path with all of you today. :h Tonight I'm going to stitch 'n' bitch with some of the women. It will be fun!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

:goodjob: on 1000 days DG !
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hi everyone !

Sorry i have not been around, been going to lots of meetings this week, must feel like i need them. Just come back now from a meeting this guy shared a lot how i felt about back log of emotions builting up inside, the solution to the problem is not on outwards it inwards. Anyway something he said how his life has slow down from doing the program. The Day and Night. I have slow down and take time to feel my feeling and let them go,. It when i got all the time in the day and i feel like i have no time at all i make myself rush about trying to catch up with what i dont know ! thats when am blocking out my feelings and blocking out my HP in my life......
            Oh so please to say that in my area the mental health team are joining up with our community al team, in most cases they go hand in hand, its good that they have meetings together now, not sure how it going, but time will tell not sure if it because of the funding....

Have a lovely weekend ALL and be safe .x :l x

Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

We discussed step 10 at last night's step meeting. The one thing I got from the discussion: Do the next right thing FOR THE NEXT RIGHT REASON. I capped "for the next right reason" because examining our motives is very important. Looking at why we are doing something (even something commendable) is a necessary part of learning about ourselves. Sometimes I do what I think I "should" be doing for the sake of people pleasing or making myself look good. That is not getting rid of the "burden of self" as the 3rd step prayer recommends. So, for me, it's all about rigorous honesty. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi all!

Love all the posts!!!!
                My thinking today started with reading today's daily reflection.. it really spoke to me because it was exactly how I felt until I started AA and makes me realize why I couldn't quit before and why AA works so well!
                First sentence "In the beginning it was 4 years before AA brought permanent sobriety to even one woman. "Like the high bottoms," the women said they were different...... thats it right there in a nut shell.. never thought I was "bad enough" hadn't lost a job, only called in sick once from drinking yada yada yada.... now I know the cunning , baffling sneaky business of alcoholism. I am very grateful today for my sobriety and AA and MWO!!
                May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Cher: Me too! That "I'm not so bad" thinking kept me from getting sober. AA for me? No way! It was only a really bad drinking bottom that I realized that I was heading downhill fast. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

"I'm not so bad" kept me very drunk for a very long time.

Very good to read your posts!!!! I've been to some really good meetings this past week. Not sure if you guys ever feel this way. Some of them are so powerful for me that it's really hard to come here and describe them. Trying to put the experience in "black and white" words just doesn't seem to carry the punch it did at the meetings!!!!

One of the great ones was about Step 2 and the other was about Step 5. I will just never foget what a relief it was to unload my darkest secrets. And feel forgiven and forgive myself. Priceless.

I am also really treasuring all the friends I am making. There are so many really nice people in AA! It is so comforting to realize I am connected to a group that will ALWAYS be there. Some individuals may come and go, but there will ALWAYS be a group of people I can reach out and connect with who UNDERSTAND ME. How priceless is that?

It will be time soon to start making plans for summer. I hope to go to Founders Day in Akron OH. Anyone else thinking about going? Sure would be fun to meet some of you! Also, I hope you are putting a quarter in the jar every day saving up for Atlanta in 2015! I want another hug from Phil!

Have a great day one and all,

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG, I'd like another hug from you too! That was a great moment. I think about San Antonio and the convention quite often. I'm so glad I made that trip.
                      Congratulations on the 1000 Days, that is way cool.

I did not make it to any meetings in Springfield, but used you guys here to help keep me sober. Of course I was so glad to get back to my 630am home group. After a year or so around there, I have so much fun with the group. I never thought I would laugh so much sober.
                      Did any of y'all think you could only have fun by drinking? How crazy was that?

Have a great week everyone.
                      Love and Peace,
                      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

cpn1004;1063474 wrote: Did any of y'all think you could only have fun by drinking? How crazy was that?
                        I thought I would never "have fun" again. It took me awhile to figure out that drinking stopped being "fun" and started just being a physical necessity (addiction) a LOOOONG time ago. You are right - it's fun to laugh at an AA meeting! Who would have thought THAT happened????

AtlantaAtlantaAtlantaAtlantaAtlanta

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;1063675 wrote: I thought I would never "have fun" again. It took me awhile to figure out that drinking stopped being "fun" and started just being a physical necessity (addiction) a LOOOONG time ago. You are right - it's fun to laugh at an AA meeting! Who would have thought THAT happened????

AtlantaAtlantaAtlantaAtlantaAtlanta

DG
                          your a specalperson dog lady :thanks:

Comment

i believe there s an old saying if it works grasp a hold of it

Comment

and don t let go

Comment

Working...
                              X