Focused February - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piper-I bet that's part of your problem!! I have 3 comforters and a down blanket on my bed because my house is so cold but once the temps stay warm consistently (we're talking 40s instead of 20s) I'll probably have one night of drenching sweat and will rip the comforters off and change my jammies to more spring ones.

Fishies are here!! I can't find one of them-hope its OK. I'll try for pics tomorrow in natural lite although tonite might be ok with the light on. They are so cute but the water temp isn't where I want it to be yet so I hope they survive!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Fishy Pics

You can see the 2 bigger fish(one is pink and one is silver with blue tips) and a smaller striped one. The 2 small orange ones are out of sight but I found them both so all 5 are alive and well!! The heater is an automatic one and shuts off at 78 degrees so even tho the thermometer only says 73 I think it's all OK. Sure feels warm to me!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

:yay: very pretty fish tank papmom!!!!

You should see the condition of the fish tank YB left in his man room.:shocked:
        It's absolutely disgusting but I'm not cleaning it!
        I add water to it & feed the remaining fish once in a while because I feel sorry for them.:upset:
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh geeze you guys, I have on my bed in this order, a sheet, a down comforter in a heavy cotton duvet cover, another down comforter with no cover, a cotton bedspread, and a cotton blanket. Then I wear flannels and socks :duhme:

no wonder i am still single

Paps, love the fish tank. I miss having fish, just not having to clean the tank!

Comment

Oh, I would break down and clean it and bring the tank up to my area of the house so I could watch them!! Besides, it can't be any fun living in all that algae!! Maybe I've inspired you? Wouldn't take all that much effort to get it all sparkling again.......

KO the Beast!!

Comment

piper123;1062034 wrote: Oh geeze you guys, I have on my bed in this order, a sheet, a down comforter in a heavy cotton duvet cover, another down comforter with no cover, a cotton bedspread, and a cotton blanket. Then I wear flannels and socks :duhme:

no wonder i am still single
              That and no wonder you're sleeping in a flood zone :H!!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Sped - Thinking of you. Please take care of yourself. :l
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Hi Lav

Sorry got you confused with someone else on another thread...d'oh!

X
                  'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Good morning gang

Sped - please please check in today and tell us whats going on. Whatever it is its not going to get better with AL and between us we have lots of wisdom which may help if you share with us. Im so sorry you are feeling like this and want to support you in any way i can.

My Parents arrived Wed and i leave tomorrow for Scotland and a house swap to stay in their home while they stay here and look after my dear dog. I need to dig out my winter woolies! Cassia a weather update please
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Good morning to all....

Sped, thanks for checking in with us, sorry you are in a rough patch right now. Please know we are here for you. Let this be your day 1, I have started over so many times, you are not the only person who struggles. Please PM me if you want, or any of us. Check in and let us know how you are doing.

Rustop, I realized I never said anything to you about your back pain....hope you are feeling better. I appreciate that you check in on a regular basis.

Papmom, you are so much fun!! And AF too. I love hearing about your activities, and seeing your pictures of your fish, doggies, etc. You really have a joy and love of life that comes through clearly in your posts. Clear example of the healing and happiness that can be created when AF. I am looking forward to your sandwich post.

Chill, have a safe and productive trip. Hope things have been going well for you. Will miss you.

I am on my own this weekend as my husband has an out of town business trip. So more time and less distraction to post. Anyway, I was reflecting on 2011. Regarding being AF, 2010 had its good and bad points for me. Since I first posted, I have had periods of total AFness, up to three or four months, moderating with limited success, and times that have been a disaster. It was really important to me and for me to be AF for important occasions in the past year and I did do that. However, certain key people on this site and their virtual auras and life stories caused me to look at my own journey and my lack of total honesty and lack of progress. So, I decided to copy Chill and starting in 2011 go totally AF, all the time, in every situation, no matter what. Really, finally. No more bullsh**. I actually started in late December, my total commitment, and have been successful in 2011. What does it mean to me so far? Everything. I know how to do this, I have the toolbox, both MWO and a personal one, a support system, and experience. I didn't share at first as I didn't want to negative feedback from anyone, just in case. Plus, isn't this such a personal private thing at the same time its not? I don't know.....after reading Speds post this morning, I can so relate to the despair and unhappiness that alcohol provides for all of us. Nothing else. No joy, no positive anything. It can happen to me with just that one drink...... that is the horror of it, one drink and back to day 1. If I am lucky enough to have the opportunity for a day one.

As in the past, I am feeling so strong, competent and confident, AF. I am making plans personally, professionally, and spiritually. My pool of energy is focused on living, not the cycle of drinking, recovering, drinking, recovering. It makes all the difference.

Have a great AF day.:thanks: for listening.
                      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Greeting's everyone,

Sped, please check in and let us know where you're at.
                        Safe travel's Chilli!
                        Pap, i'd live in your fishtank! Beeeeuwdiful.
                        Hang in there Piper!

Be safe out there folk's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning everyone

Back feeling a little better this morning, thanks for asking Star. Wow, :goodjob: you should be proud of yourself. I have noticed the strength in your posts lately. I have followed the same pattern as you and hope to be soon posting something similar. Taking it one day at a time but certainly more committed. I read on one of the threads about some people just dabbling at being AF. Because I never reached rock bottom and was highly functioning I guess I have been one of those. For others it really is a case of life and death. But you know what, if I do not commit to being completely AF then it will be a case of life and death for me too, no point fooling myself.

Sped - you are not alone, please check in and join us in this terrible battle against Al. You did so good for so long and you can do it again.

Chill - our inspirational one - safe travel and enjoy Scotland.

Lav - any news?

Papmom - Love your fish tank and know my hubby would adore it but unfortunately he would not clean it!! That is what has put me off getting him one.

Piper - Hope you are feeling better.

Everyone else big hello. Check back in and let us know you are all ok when you get a chance.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning Focused Ones,

Lav is still on stork watch here, ugh!
                            Double ugh for my daughter too. I've reminded here that she herself was born 11 days past her due date. We shall see what develops today

Chill, enjoy your trip home, how nice!

Star, I totally relate to your comment about this AF journey being very personal. In the past I quit drinking & smoking & restarting.......never felt good about myself. I decided this time, these quits will be the quits that stick, no matter what!!! Life will continue to be paved with lumps & bumps but I am commited to keeping both quits. Smokes & wine will not resolve my problems........I finally really get that

Good morning Rustop. Good that you are moving toward the realization that living AF is likely the best choice for most of us. We owe it to ourselves & those around us

Greetings Mr G. Good to see you here!

A special warm hello to Shelley & all those who have not been here for a while.
                            Please come back soon.

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello everyone, I've not been far away but i've been feeling a bit gloomy and haven't really had much to say.

Things ok my end, I'm getting really fed up with winter and am longing for the spring.

Sped, I'm so sorry you're having a tough time right now, I've sent you a message, do please get in touch - even if its just to moan.

Have a good weekend gang, keep strong
                              love Sooty

Comment

Hi Sooty,
                                Glad you checked in
                                I think we should call for an early vote to end this winter right now!!!!

The universal gloom has been rather overwhelming, don't you think?
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X