AF Daily - PARTY DAY 2/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness this thread is dead today! I guess were all busy and that's a good thing right?!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hello friends,

Just didn't want to miss out on the big party today! Congratulations DG!! I'm happy to have been sharing this journey with you!:h

I came down with a case of the shingles last week, and then Monday I started feeling another crappy cold coming on. I can barely function, I am so tired of feeling like shite. It seems I have been sick a lot this winter. :upset: I forced myself off the couch and the dog and I went for a walk as we are having gorgeous spring-like weather this week! My goal for the rest of the day is to get my dishes (from yesterday) done, some laundry finished, and maybe clean out my car. I just need to wait for my drugs to kick in.

Hang in there everybody! :h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi everyone and WOW thanks for the PARTY!! I hope you are all having as much fun as me!!

Greenie thanks for starting us off today. And also for demonstrating a feature I was previously unaware of - using that group smilie to BEAT the 6 smilie rule! :H Never connected that dot before! Hope you are well today with mojo firmly intact.

P3 thank you for those lovely flowers, and thank you even MORE for you infectious enthusiasm for life! I love how you are breaking out of your comfort zone so often these days and EXPLORING LIFE!!! The quilting group sounds like a lot of fun - sort of like the AA Stitch 'n' Bitch group where maybe someday I will know how to crochet more than just a string. YOU GO GIRL! We want fish pics.

M3, Applewood Manor looks heavenly! Do you and Greenie go to retreats or seminars there? (rings a bell but I have cobwebs on my brain today!)

AA, I really like that quote. Thank you for including that. I think I might take it as a gift and store it in my siggy line. For some reason your post made me think of BB. I hope she knows that anyone striving to be AF is welcome on this thread and should she ever desire that again, she is welcome here too.

Thank you Mstall! Keep taking it one day at a time and before you know it, you will be at 1,000 days too! It's just a drop in the bucket of life. (but a cool number!)

Lav, still no g-baby? We will want pics of that too when the stork finally arrives! I fell asleep again during the dog show so did not see the winners. Will try again tonight - thank goodness for Tivo! If you and P3 like the judges choice then by golly it was certainly a good one!

Uni, I wish you a good day of de-cluttering. I can't remember now if I mentioned it or not, so I apologize if this is a duplicate. One day in the last week or so there was an article on the weight watchers site about how decluttering our space also works to declutter our minds. I need to get busy in my basement! I suspect my basement is causing all kinds of cobwebs of the mind.

Indeed Gaia - sobriety offers a lifetime of opportunity that we were sitting on the sidelines for in our prior drinking lives. At least that is my truth! Hope you are having a good day.

Deter, Apple pie sounds FABULOUS. I'm wishing you well getting back to Paleo. As long as you decided to have a slice, I hope you LOVED IT!!! Be safe on the road this week.

Hi Prancy!! I'm not sure I can count that high either. Thank goodness for this. AA History Sobriety Calculator

AFM, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope that passes soon for you!

Jolie, if I can do it so can you!

Hi again Greenie. I think you would have liked the AA meeting today. No real celebrating but a GREAT topic. We discussed a reading that was about the importance of commitment in sobriety. Very relevant I thought. Sounds like the outside work was more fun than the inside work today!

Hi Jenny! How are you feeling? Starting to feel better I hope? Keep hanging in there!

Hi LVT! :h SHINGLES???? Oh my. I hope you get better soon! Those are really painful, yes??? It is spring like here today too. Hard to believe it's in the 50's when just a week ago it was something like -15 for a low overnight, and -8 when I left the house in the AM. Mother Nature is POWERFUL!

It has been an interesting day! I am absolutely baffled at how I've ever felt bored in life. Now I know for sure that I never drank because life was boring - life was boring because I drank. Because life without AL in it NOT boring! I'm involved in a lot of stuff and keep a crazy schedule, but I love all of it!!! I know what I will cut first if I ever feel the need to do that. So far I'm just cruising. Tools I have learned on my sober journey help me a lot. The serenity prayers, taking things one day at a time, realizing that worry is a completely useless activity, "take it easy," etc. Great tools for living.

Thank you all for making me feel so special today. I don't know why, but this AF day makes me really really happy. All of them are happy - this one just feels a bit special.

I'm off to a business social soon. For a long time these were really hard as there will be plenty of AL available, and a handful of people drinking it liberally. But there are also lots of folks who won't be drinking at all for whatever reason. I will be one of them. It's easy today. So to anyone struggling with situations like this, hang in there. It gets better!

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi DG,

I'm so happy that you are having a fantastic 1000th day. I agree that life is far from boring AF. The alcoholic brain tricks you into thinking that when actually life is an empty shell when you are consumed 24/7 with drinking or thoughts of drinking.

Applewood Manor is the place I stayed when I went to see Rhonda Lenair the intuitive healer. I stayed there twice (since I relapsed and then returned). The owners are the loveliest people and I fell in love with their dog Samson. A beautiful B and B.

Hello to everyone else.

Got to make dinner for the kids. So much more fun now that I have a new kitchen.

M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Hi All
            Great to see you reach another goal that is important to you. They don't come easy but with hard work they can be achieved. 1,000 days congratulations !!!

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08

Comment

caysea, is it 1007 days for you?
              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Ahh....that's right M3. (on the B&B) SO glad to hear you are enjoying your new kitchen!

Thank you Caysea! Great to see you as always. Congratulations yourself - I am always on your tail LOL! I always love your posts.

Hi Jenny! I hope you are having a good day.

What a BIG FABULOUS AF DAY it has been. I love you guys. :h You are all so important to my sobriety.

Nighty night!!!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

wise words DoggyGirl. AL does indeed make life boring. and for me, sad and depressing and unbearable. ick!

the hotel where I'm staying at tonight had a free open bar. two different kinds of vino on the table just sitting there. I looked at the open bar like I was looking at a freak show or something. it wasn't even appealing happy to say. I had some cheese cubes and was on my way.

gnight all zzzzzzzzzzzz
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X