Non alco wines...where are they all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lasted a month before so I know I can do it again. My friends are my downfall. They get annoyed if I wont have a drink with them. The other is finding non alcoholic wine. I could not believe one night I was going to a friends house for dinner and I just missed the supermarket for some non alco wine. Wouldn't you think it would be smart marketing for Liquor shops to sell a non alco range?

Hi being me,

Let me get this right your friends get annoyed because you won't drink with them. I'm sorry to say this but if my friends were like that I'd have been on the look out a long time ago for some new ones. My true friends respect my decision to not drink. Those who are very close to me know the real reason is that I'm an alcoholic, the rest know I've given up for the sake of my health.

It doesn't matter whether you're drinking non AL wine or water. It's still not alcohol.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I say the same as Jackie too. If they are annoyed then just say you don't want to drink, if they have a problem hard luck.

I personally don't like non-alco wines. Remember they do have a small amount of alcohol in them, but only a fraction of a percent. I simply can't see the point in drinking something so bitter/dry without the effect. It's just yeuck. You can order the stuff online and buy alcohol-free beers from most large supermarkets. It's only a tiny market though so small off-licences are never going to carry them.

Comment

It your friends problem that they need everyone around them to be drinking not yours . If they are true friends when they see you are serious they will stop putting you under pressure . we all have "friends" when we drink but how good at being a friend are they ? , i think we all lose these "friends" when we stop drinking and no harm we move on to a better life
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Hi Jackie and UK Blonde.. The non alco wines are quite good in Australia and I am happy drinking them with my friends. I lasted a month easily on them and probably would have lasted had it not been for the annual Xmas camping trip to Fraser where drinking and fishing is the daily routine. That is why this is a good time for me to try again. I will just make sure I keep on this site for motivation. It is just breaking the psychological grip

Comment

Hi Madmans. I agree. I think part of it is me being used to interacting with them by drinking. Just need to change my bad habits to good

B x

Comment

Beingme, I feel bad that your friends get "annoyed" with you. The advice others posted before me is all good - but I realize it may be an ajustment for them to accept the fact that you aren't drinking. Have you totally explained your situation to them?

As for me, I never really like the taste of AL anyway - just the effect. How about trying a glass of cranberry juice topped off with a little club soda? This is my new favorite drink and to anyone not knowing, looks just like a glass of wine.

Still think your friends need to accept you and support your journey into being AF.

Good luck!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

sometimes I'll make my own 'adult beverage' with natural grape juice and add just enough balsamic vinegar to take off the sweet edge. and it's healthy
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wow, grape juice and balsamic? That sounds very....interesting! I need to experiment more. I just drink sparkling water!

Comment

Working...
                  X