AF Daily Friday 8/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Thanks for the welcome guys!! I feel at home already, no bullshite on this thread and I like that xxx

Lav! Hoping there is Lift off today!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

No bullshite for sure Oney!! Just pure and simple us! so glad you're here!

Well, can check another thing off my vacation to do list: the Oriental Style Pork Chops are in the crock pot!! My word that was easy peasy!! I'll let you all know how they turn out and if good, I'll put in the Recipe section. Ground beef and veggie bake tomorrow!!

Thinking about taking doggies out for a walk but it's sooooo messy and wet out there (and they are white dogs after all) and the sidewalks/streets still are hazardous. Wish I lived where Greenie lives!! Trying to think where I can take them........

Still need to get the new blinds up, return overdue CDs to library and check on dad's condo and get fish food (eventually-some came with the setup but they don't seem to know its there!!).

Decisions decisions. And not one involving AL-ain't it grand??
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Hello there Abbies,

M3 thanks for starting us off. It is nice weather today and that's a boost.

DG great post. Commitment is the real deal. Once you make the commitment it becomes so much easier.

Hi Jenny and AA and Papmom. I like fish too. The easiest of pets to handle.

Speaking of, we are getting closer. Got a fence. Talking to a breeder. DH on board. However, he read in Younger Next Year how men with dogs are less likely to die from heart attack. I personally wonder how many women die of heart attacks because they get stuck being solely responsible for all dog stuff.

Hey Oney welcome!

I took today off and am enjoying it. Hope you are enjoying your day too!
        AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Hello friends,

I just had to pop in and say what a beautiful aquarium you have papmom! My son has a small one, and it really needs a thorough cleaning, but the last time we did that, all of the fish died. When we bought new ones, they died too. So we just kept getting them replaced at Walmart and found the tetras are the most hardy. The sucker fish does a good job of keeping it pretty clean, and we get by doing a 25% water change and try to suck most of the crud off the bottom. My son was disappointed none of them ever had babies, I guess we should have gotten guppies!

Uni--I'm glad your headache is better. I went to the doctor today and I tested positive for Influenza B. It started with a headache. I guess all of the worries I have are catching up with me physically. I really hope my family doesn't catch it, but hubby said he had a headache yesterday. And he has been hanging out in the evenings in the house for some reason (must be taking a beer break) so he has been super exposed. I keep having little pity party-crying fits because I can't go to my son's last basketball game tonight and more than likely miss my other son's last game tomorrow. I try not to feel too sorry for myself, I can't imagine feeling so shitty every day for the last year like my sister. I am most concerned I haven't given this to others, esp my friend with cancer that i hugged Sunday.

Mom3, I know what you mean about the weather! I know I have much more energy when I'm in the sun. I would love to do the hot yoga. Most in my class evidently don't like to sweat, so they crank on the fans when they get warm. I guess that might be because they have to go back to work, but isn't the point of exercise to sweat?

I'm not sure I mentioned how well my son is doing in school since we started the ADD meds. He went from D's and F's to all A's and B's. He seems more motivated as well. We're still trying to find the right med and dose, looks like that might be a challenge. But at least he is doing better. Can't thank you all enough for the advice on that one!

Well, I feel another nap coming on. It is very difficult for me to do so much lying around when there is work to be done. But my head is too foggy for book work, and I don't have the energy to do much else. Oh well, this too shall pass.

I loved reading everyone's posts, I'm always sorry I can't respond to everyone, but please know I care.:h Have a great sober weekend all!:l
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Hi all,

Just stopping by. Been lurking but not posting as I haven't had much to add over the past few days. Awesome to see some new faces!

Here's to more afness.
            X
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

On my phone stuck over the donner pass in bad snow. Boooo!

One2 great to see you ol friend

Be well everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Evening all. Took my sister shopping after work, came home and took my son to the v-day dance and went to see my friend in jail. Afterwards her husband text me to come have a drink and I thanked him for the invite but politly declined and now I'm home to watch more Dexter. . . I made it! Yeah me!

Hope everyone is having a great night!
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Jenny, I can't wait for the new season of Dexter to start!

well, finally made it home. that rates as one of the crappiest nights of driving ever. blizzard conditions, cars wrecked and spun-out everywhere. yeeesh! sooooooo good to be home

gnight loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Friday 8/18

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say a HUGE hello and :welcome: to Oney - would LOVE to have you as a regular here! And also to Deter - so glad you made it home safe!!!

On to the Saturday thread!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X