'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

Afternoon greetings from Granny Lav

Uni, congrats to you

The thought of a fish pedicure has my skin crawling bear - I assume you enjoyed it???

LVT, I look at my kids as the adults they really are - complete & capable of handling what needs to be done. That was a big factor for me - raising them to be independent & they are. They also know all they have to do is ask & I will happily accomodate. I personally prefer to not be a pain in the ass

Cassia, is your trip to the US soon? I'm losing track having babies on my mind.

Just back from some baby holding time Greenie. She slept thru my visit again. I won't take it personally yet as she is only 3 days old! I did get a glimpse of her eye color - blue, just like both of her parents
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

Lav, I LOVE that photo of Lily Marie!!!! I want to scoop her right up in my arms. She is just too precious. How is your daughter feeling?

Uni, Congrats on completing the third step. You sound really good and I am happy for you (and good for you for letting your daughter have a day off).

Nope, I don't think I would want any fish nibbling on my toes Bear, but sounds adventurous.

Hi Greenie, EW, LVT, AA, Casia.
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL Lily Marie!! I want a one of her!! Awwhh Lav, you must be over the moon..CONGRATS hon xxx

Quick fly by from me, be back with bells on 2moro xxx
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

Hi Fabbies!!!

greeneyes;1068040 wrote: JACKRABBIT!!

My life is so much simpler with abstinance.

AMEN!

DG, you'll love today's meditation 94 in sheri's detatchment thread.
            AMEN AGAIN!! Thanks for pointing me to that one. Funny how that sort of "trap" is so easy to see when someone else is in it, but so difficult to see when *I* am in it. Ever humbling to realize how very much work there remains to be done! (but I'm looking forward to it!)

Mstall;1068072 wrote: Today marks my 50th day AF! I'm down 8 pounds, my eyes and skin are clear, and I've never felt better.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :yougo:

Cassia;1068077 wrote:
            I really have to watch what I eat and count calories otherwise I can't do it!

Me too.... :upset:

AAthlete;1068092 wrote:
            "Winners do what they have to do and losers do what they want." - Unknown
            :h that one!!!!!!

universal;1068303 wrote:
            I just did my third step with my sponsor! I feel so free! I am so happy right now, what a feeling - like a huge weight has been lifted. Wow.

Just had to share that.
            :l:yougo: That is awesome Uni!

Zoom zoom. Had some really bad eating last week so as expected, the weigh in was up and WW. The fact that I sucked it up and went is huge progress for me. So I claimed a Bravo sticker anyway. Turn the page and onward we go. Emotional eating is my bugaboo. And fear of success - that is also my bugaboo. Continued focus and work on it rather than denial is called for here. Sound familiar????

I LOVE BEING SOBER. That is all.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

I'm going to change my screen name to YouHaveIncluded7ImagesInYourPost

DG / YHI7IIYP
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

A friend of mine invited me to have dinner and drinks this weekend. I said that sounds great but just water for me thinks. They said "well what if I'm buying" I said no prob you can buy me dinner and water. They said "come on" ( I have know this person 16 years, he is male and he knows I quit also this is via text) I said "you will be the 1st to know should I ever drink again" he said "I'll know cause I'll be buying the drinks" peer pressure! but I persisted with " you don't believe I've stopped for good do you" he said "no everyone should get to cut loose every once in a while" I said "not when said person does not have an off switch and gets drunk and drives around town endangering herself and others while she has a family at home waiting" he said thats why you don't drink alone" I said "nope that's why I don't drink at all" and he stopped.

Man that felt good! I don't drink. When I get stressed I eat a candy bar not a bottle of vodka. I don't feel deprived at all. I feel sorry for those that waste even one night to alcohol, who waste one minute with their kids, who waste one minute of life because they aren't really "here" they are locked in their heads, then in their houses, then in their jail cells. That will not be me. I have knocked on the devil's door and I'm gonna stop now cause the next time the devil may answer and that is not something I want to experience!

Jenny 1
                excuses 0!
                alcohol 0!

Bring it on! I'm getting stronger by the day!
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

LOVE it Jenny!!! You go girl!!:goodjob:
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

Thank you. Lvt25 and everyone here. It is partly y'all that have helped me so much. I am beginning to see the light (so to speak).

Every time I have a hard day or a craving I am going to read that post! That girl is confident and strong and that is the person I want to be. That is the person I am becoming.

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

:
                      :yougo:Jenny!!!!:yougo:

:yougo:Fabbies!!!:yougo:

That is all.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

Comment

AF Daily - Tues March 1

Jennie-you ROCK!! Wow!! :bananacomputer:

DG-you crack me up so much!!

AA-ditto on the quote!!

LVT-I have the same fears about my nephews and sometimes it just drives me crazy the worry.

Lav-OMG is she adorable!! What happened to that red face? Wish we all could have some 3D time with her!!

Greenie-I HATE when the sleep fairy goes home early!

MStall-huge congrats on your 50!! Can't wait for the 60 day celebration next week!!

Uni-congrats to you too on the completion of your 3rd step! I could feel your lightness coming through the web waves!!

Bear-I'm with Mom and Lav-no fish nibbling for me either!! Sorry you've got yet another cold. Take care. Good for you for speaking up to your manager. I hope it instigates a good change for you!!

Oney-love your new avatar!!

Very late for me tonite. Got home from Quilt class around 8:30 after doing a few errands before arriving home. At the rate I'm going, my quilt should be finished in about 10 years :H. Lost another fish today-not Pinky who is hanging in there god knows how but one of the new bumbles. he was floating on top when I got home before going to class. The other bumble also looks bad-the ick finally found him. Even tho I've started treatment for the Ick, I am not holding out much hope that I'll have fish at the end of the week. bummer.
                          I am happy to report however that my intense sugar cravings seem to have subsided substantially (say that 3 times fast!!). I had one little piece of chocolate today after lunch and did not raid the jar for more after that. I also went to the store after class to get more Vitamuffins and did not have one single craving for whoopie pies! Thank god!! I think starting the supps again has made a huge difference. Maybe now I can start to lose some of this 20 year old weight (not that I'm 20, I'm 29 of course! but the weight has been on me for at least 20 years).
                          so off I go for some decaf tea and my vitamuffin whoopie pie coming in at 3 points instead of 25!!
                          Will check in sometime tomorrow!
                          :l
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                          X