AF Daily~10 March 2011!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~10 March 2011!

Hi Uni :l I have been going to SMART meetings for a couple of months. PM me if you want more info. I find the psychologically, cognitively oriented approach works well for me.

Sending you love and care,
    Sara
    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily~10 March 2011!

universal;1074045 wrote: Hi, not sure if anyone will see this before tomorrows post. I am having a hard time right now. I slipped on Monday - had a therapy appointment and it brought up a lot of things that were hard to deal with. My sponsor is very "god" religious which I am not and she basically is telling me that once I do the steps all my pain will go away and I will not need my medication and my anxiety and depression and blah blah blah will go away. Well, I have been clinically depressed and diagnosed with panic disorder since I was 12 so somehow I doubt that it will just majically disapear. and to top it off I am working on step 4 and I am having a big issue with the fact that I am to forgive everyone, take complete ownership for my part in these (I have been raped once, sexually assaulted once and a # of other traumas) - so I have a problem that I am supposed to take ownership in these and then pray for these people because they are sick? And then just let it go? So basically I am having a very difficult time, my psychologist doesn't think AA will work when it comes to my traumas - in some cases yes, but not all. So basically I am pissed off, hurt etc. And to top it off, my best friend who I was in program with has decided that I am bad for her recovery so she doesn't want to talk to me. I don't blame her at all, she is the one who called my sponsor on Monday and got me to stop drinking so i don't blame her, that wasn't good for her recovery at all but it still friggin hurts cause I love her and miss her so much. I just want to crawl under the covers and say forget it all - this is so hard.
      Hi uni,
      Just had to reply to your post, reading it, it worries me......is your sponsor a doctor? if not she should not be talking about your medication, and also she is not your therapy...she should be helping you work through the 12steps with you, how dare she says all your pain will go away, this is where you have to draw a line between AA and your therapy they are two differrent things your sponsor should know this. Also AA is a spiritual program not a religious one. Your psychologist is also right about your traumas as well...... just feel so mad reading your post i really do feel for you:l, i hope your feeeling better today wanted to write more but am running out of time in my library, will be closing soon....
      Take care all.:h
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
      X