Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

Good morning Abbers!

Where is everyone? It's 10:30 and no one has started the thread yet! :upset:

I feel like we're loosing momentum!

Hope everyone has a fab day!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

hi there - where are we all?
    I was reading about high functioning alcoholics and have finally admitted to myself that's what I am. I'm overweight, depressed, smoked for years,got stuck in a rut, anxious, under confident, less money, had no real ambitions or dreams because of booze.
    I can't moderate - so I carry on with the above consquences,that will get worse and worse - or I stop now.

I've just bought a book by Sarah Bellan something on amazon, about high functioning alcoholics. I find it a really useful phrase as I couldn't identify with duis, job loss, homelessness, illness - YET - BUT this tells me it's in the post, and thinking of my drinking this way is more of an incentive to stop than 'problem drinking'.
    Most of my damage so far is emotional - stress,anxiety,lack of confidence,failed goals,low self esteem, keeping myself apart from others. This wil lchange - do i wait for physical damage or psychosis?

Anyway - good day all - I think it's clicked - I can't drink if I want a good life.
    one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

Hi Bear - For us problem drinkers or alkies you are right, we can't have a good life if alcohol is in it. Impossible. So let's have a good weekend and we know what that means - the AL Beast can bugger off!

Hi Jennyneric - I don't come on here much as I don't feel like I've earned the title of abstainer. Which I hope to attain. I'm just AF day 5 and feeling strong at the moment. Many busy plans today to keep me AF.

Hope to keep the momentum going..... have a great sober weekend!

Meech

Comment

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

Good afternoon Abbers!!!!

Couldn't tak ethe time to start the thread this morning but am here now

Thanks for starting us up jenny! Believe me - I have plenty of momentum ~ no worries there

bear, I think I hear an epiphany.......you are turning the corner girl. Acceptance is a must for success!!! Keep those thoughts & feelings moving forward

Meech, good to see you here in the land of conscious abstainers!

I had a busy morning, just watched my grandson EB for a few hours so his Mom could meet a friend for lunch. I am now preparing a pasta & roasted veggie dinner ~ YB has agreed to come for dinner. I am hoping I have found a different way to approach him & his emotional difficulties - we shall see.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF afternoon!
        Lav

PS: Lily had her first tub bath yesterday - went in screaming but settled right down when she realized how nice it was
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

Hello All,

So happy that it is Friday.

Uni, I read your post from yesterday. I am so very sorry for all of the trauma that you have gone through in your life. I have a friend who was sexually abused as a child and she has had great success with EMDR. I don't know if you have heard of it but it may be worthy of a look. It has some good research backing.

A Brief Description of EMDR - EMDR Institute, Inc.

I hope you can get yourself back on the wagon Uni. As you well know, the alcohol is not going to take the pain away and it will only make things worse in the long run. Dig down deep and find the strength within you.

IMHO your sponsor has no right playing therapist or acting like a religious nutcase by telling you that you should forgive those who have been so abusive toward you. I would ditch him/her if I were you and I'd personally like to give your sponsor a kick in the ass. Hugs to you all around.

M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

Uni,
            I didn't read yesterday's post until just now. I am so very sorry for all your pain & sorry your sponsor is such an ass.
            Maybe the other options mentioned by Det & M3 would be more helpful to you.
            Sending you lots of :l

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

whew! just now home extremely late from the airport and winding down. AF hugs all around xxxxxx
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ 11 March 2011

Uni - just read your post as well - she has no right to tell you how you should feel - these awful things happened to you, and you survived them, and no one has the right to tell you how to feel.

She's massively overstepped her boundaries - she should be working on the steps with you not telling you to forgive your abusers. How dare she minimise what you went through!I think a saint would struggle with forgiving.

Keep strong
                :l
                one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                X