skinny's new thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skinny's new thread

well, i have been away for a while. I was in treatment. and now i am back, i am planning to post here every day, to document my recovery. i hope you all don't mind. i think it is important to write down what is happening. i know from my (unfortunately) many slips that i drink when i shut off my mind. The urge comes, and I close down everything else. I read in a different post that it is like an alien invades the body and mind, and that is exactly how i feel.

If i am disconnected from my sobriety and my recovery, I slip.

If I lose my gratitude and all the things i have to be thankful for, I slip.

When i get bored and lonley and fed up, I slip.

but i do know the peace of mind that sobriety can bring.

and the tremendous scope life has.

So, i am going to write on the post every day, and take strength from the many members here who are acheiving a sober life one day at a time.
    no time like the present

skinny's new thread

Great to hear that treatment was a good choice for you, Skinny. Keep us posted on your journey.

Comment

skinny's new thread

Welcome back skinny! So glad to hear that treatment was a positive choice for you. I think sharing every day is a great thing to do. I will also suggest checking out some other thread to connect with people who share your goals and place on the path of this journey. I post on AF Daily (in the Monthly Abstinence section) and there is some great sobriety there - and all with a goal of staying AF. There are some other threads like that too -maybe you can find one that feels like "home" for you.

I can relate to everything you said. I too need to stay focused on my gratitude for all that is good in my life.

The end of my drinking career was a very bored and lonely place. My favorite activity was sitting home alone with my vodka or wine bottle when I could drink as early as I wanted to and as much as I wanted to without interruption.

I learned in recovery that I did not drink because I was lonely and bored. I became a lonely and bored person because of my drinking. As the years went by, all the rest of the things and people in life became less and less interesting, and my sole focus became AL. That was my doing - not "life" or "people" excluding me.

It was hard at first to reach out to life and to other people. To get out there and start getting involved. Finding new friends and new activities. Even now there are times when I have to push myself to do it. But I am always glad I did.

You can do it too! The world becomes big again in sobriety.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

skinny's new thread

Welcome back skinny look forward to hearing about your progress,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

skinny's new thread

Welcome back Skinny! Some great advice from DG.

I look forward to sharing your journey with you.

K x
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

skinny's new thread

Welcome back skinny!

Happy to hear you have found success
            Looking forward to hearing more from you - every day
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X