I'll be back later!
    Have a happy AF humpday one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Wednesday 3/30

Hello friends,

Than you all for your support and suggestions yesterday. It really does help me! :thanks:

Jane--I have been to a few weddings and other drink-filled functions early in my sobriety. It feels awkward at first, but my suggestion is to be sure to eat. Cake and champagne really don't go that well together!

Pap, I hope you're feeling better, and Lav--here is a :l for you.

Greenie, I hope you got your mojo back. I know I need some sunshine!!

Welcome to the new posters on this thread! I'm anxious to hear all about what's going on in your sober lives!

I have a busy day again....the whole week is busy. But right now I have to get my teenager up. I've asked him to get up 4 times now, for 45 minutes. Mr. "I'm so much more responsible and mature now that I can stay up and watch tv as late as I want, but I can't get my own ASS out of bed in the morning." Yeah--that one.

Have a great sober day all!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT - sounds like me when i was a teenager. I would be all like up to 4 and then falling asleep in class. I spent a lot of time on internet chat - hmm...not much has changed!!!
      x
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Hi Fabbies! Thanks to both Lav and Uni for getting us started today!!!

LVT, you have my complete and total admiration for allowing the teenagers in your world to live. I'm sure it's a good thing I am not a parent!

Cassia, I'm sorry that I think I forgot to shout out to you in my post last night!! I was so happy to read about your trip and how well it sounds the interviews went, etc. As far as thank yous, I would (and have) sent an e-mail thank you because it's fast and modern, and followed with a hand written thank you as it's more traditional and personal, and some people value that. All bases covered.

I think it's fairly common for companies to structure interview days where you meet a number of people, especially when you are traveling in from out of town. That was very common when I was interviewing for jobs and also when I was on the other side of the table looking to hire people.

I am beginning to think, against all my previous beliefs, that it is indeed possible for a person to have too many shoes, clothes and bags. My Mary Kay Director got an interesting early mothers day gift from her daughters. A "Wardrober" is coming to her house to go through her closet. I can't wait to hear about her experience with that.

I have a day without a lot of appointments and I am determined to make the most of it!

Well, I'm going to get busy. One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning, all. Lots of rain here

LVT, interesting about cake not going with champagne! One of the things that has really gotten me 30 days sober is having a bite of a sweet when craving wine. I'm not a big sugar fan at all, but a taste of it totally kills the wine urge (I recommend also Hall's Honey-Lemon cough drops---nasty with wine!) But I miss cheese! I've sort of stopped snacking on my beloved Camembert and brie because...a glass of you-know-what tastes soooooo good with it.

Love this abstaining life. Who knew?
          Jane Jane

Comment

LVT25;1087196 wrote: But right now I have to get my teenager up. I've asked him to get up 4 times now, for 45 minutes. Mr. "I'm so much more responsible and mature now that I can stay up and watch tv as late as I want, but I can't get my own ASS out of bed in the morning." Yeah--that one.
            Just wanted to pop on and say I have your son's twin at my house.....every morning it's the same thing.....at least 4, maybe 5 times I go into his room and tell him it's time to get up......yep...he's responsible!!:H

Happy Hump day to all you wonderful Abstainers!!
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Morning Abbies!

After giving it much thought since drinking Friday, I have noticed a pattern for me.

I go approximately 3 months then I end up drinking. However, I drink only the 1 time instead of binge for days, not that is really much better.

I am glad that I have been tracking this somewhat. I need to figure out why I cave at the 3 month mark.

Anyway, thinking out loud here.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

AFM, I am sorry I forgot to shout out to you too last night. I was sorry to read about the drinking over the weekend. It sounds like there was a lot of chaos around you, and that can make it challenging for sure. I think you are so wise to keep track of things to recognize patterns, and then try to work on them. I am battling similar ups and downs right now in my quest to get sugar out of my life. It's frustrating!

I know for sure that when I went through that stretch of struggling where I would drink and then be AF for a short time then drink, repeat, I was "stuck." I suppose on some level it was better physically, etc. than drinking my face off every day. But it certainly wasn't as good a climate for healing (physically, emotionally, spirituall) as complete abstinence. I also can relate to the "learning opportunity" of being empathetic with people but not crossing a line where we get sucked into their drama. I have to work on that one too.

I feel the same way about my sugar thing. As long as I keep going back and forth with it, I stay "stuck" even though it might not technically be as bad as eating sugar (or drinking AL) every day.

Uggh. Always something that needs work. Life is never boring that's for sure.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

"Just wanted to pop on and say I have your son's twin at my house.....every morning it's the same thing.....at least 4, maybe 5 times I go into his room and tell him it's time to get up......yep...he's responsible!!"

:H:H:H Good to know I'm not alone. Yesterday I offered to rent my son to some friend that have young boys, so they could see what they have to look forward to. DG--maybe you could borrow him, just so you can have the experience!

Cassia--I will admit I was (am still not) not a morning person. I remember my mom getting pretty mad and grumpy in the morning trying to get me going.

Next week I am going to the American Athletic Institute mini conference called "The Life of an Athlete". Mainly they educated coaches and school people about the downside of alcohol, drugs, etc for athletes. I get to go with our local coalition and it is here! This article was posted on their facebook page this morning. I thought it was interesting. If they had made some of this science known back then, would it have made me stop and think what I was doing to myself back then? I'm learning there are a lot of politics involved with the alcohol as well as the tobacco industry. If you are interested in the whole article, just let me know, it is kind of long.

1966 STUDY SHOWED BRAIN DAMAGE STARTS WITH THE FIRST DRINK

Photo A above shows normal blood cells flowing Photo B shows Agglutination" means that the red blood cells become sticky and adhere together in wads until the blood cannot flow into tiny capillaries and brain tissue is deprived of oxygen resulting in brain cell death.

Time to get busy again.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi Grateful!! Good to see you here.

LVT, you should not loan me your son if you want to get him back alive. Oh wait. I COULD use a good yard slave. That would be worth feeding a teenager for. Any possibilities?????? :H

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      Its almost april... yikes the months are going by fast. I am on day 9 and still feeling pretty good... the thoughts of drinking are getting a little farther apart. I am looking forward to a AF spring...
                      LVT... yes i have a 13 yr old that i cannot get out of bed, but i must admit i have more patience with it when i don't have a raging hangover..

ciao and I hope a good day for everyone
                      Caper
                      caper
                      AF since Sept 2013...
                      :alf:

Comment

Ladies owning teenage sons, may I tell you how I handled the morning thing?

I walked into my son's room, untucked the sheet & blanket, grabbed him by the ankle with my freezing cold hand and yanked :H:H
                        I am not kidding, it worked everytime! I did that calmly with a smile on my face & wishing him a gentle 'good morning'. It saved us both a lot of time & frustration

We lived exactly one block away from the high school at the time so getting an early start was not high on his priority list. But I was working night shift at the time & feared sitting down & falling asleep before he was up & out (which did happen a few times). All I wanted to do after being up & on my feet for 24+ hrs was go to sleep

Tax papers signed & in the mail back to the accountant without any YB hassle.

The rest of the day is mine
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey all

I got some news today - would love your thoughts...

So I got a call from Sovereign bank today. They said I did really well in the interview and that they were very interested. They asked about timescales and I told them I would aim to be over her by July at the latest. I said that if something was made in the way of an offer then I could be over sooner. They said they would try and suit me as much as possible if I was still the candidate for the job. They said they were just at the beginning of the interview process so it would be a few weeks before I would know. They said to keep in touch if anything changes with my timescales.

I think that's a pretty good...

Comment

Lav, taxes without spousal hassle is a wonderful thing!! I love how you are claiming the rest of the day! :yougo:

Cassia, it sounds like time frame might be important to them? How about just asking them what their desired start date is? Then you could let them know if you could make that work or not?

I have always been one to try to "read between the lines" and be a mind reader. I'm not a very good mind reader. Once I figured that out, it has opened the door to become a better question asker.

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG - that's a good point. I think I will do that.:l

Comment

Working...
                              X