April Appreciation AF - week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all and congratulations to all celebrating a milestone.
    Beautiful day - washing, gardening and shed clearing for me today - and a spot of shopping in the afternoon!
    Loving af life!
    one day at a time

Comment

Hi Everyone! I'm here! Thanks Chill for the shoutout and CONGRATS Star for your 100 days!! I LOVE milestones-they are like acheiving little (or huge)goals and because I know I am going to achieve them, I do want to celebrate them and check them off my list. 11 months? Check! I'm more excited than nervous about next months huge milestone. I feel I am ready to join the big leagues and I also feel that the 1 year mark solidifies my new lifestyle. 1 year PROVES to me I do not need AL in my life in any way shape or form and that I am much better off without it. I'll save the huge diatribe for next month :H

It's a beautiful day here in New England, supposed to hit 50. Today is my job interview and last nite I prepared until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I am trying to balance between doing my absolute best and wanting this job badly and having a que sera outlook. If I don't get it, I still have a job and it will be up to me to find a way to make it less toxic. The only thing I can change about my current job is me.

Bear-good to see you over here-stay true to you OK?

John and Dill-you guy are such inspirations with your exercise!! I need to get through this interview and then take a new look at how I'm treating this AF body of mine!!
      Gotta run and get a hearty brekkie in me!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Morning everyone!

TGIF in my part of the woods and I am soooo glad - been a long week. Now I am a little pi$$ed off this morning because for the 2nd time in like a week, I have woken up with a headache. Not supposed to be happening as I'm not drinking anymore. What's up with this? Thinking maybe allergies or a sinus infection but it just puts a damper on my day. Took 2 aspirin - that's something of a change for me as well. I was always afraid to take aspirin when I was drinking (read the labels and you will know what I mean). Anyways, hoping my excedrin kicks in soon as I have a busy day planned.

:wd::happy::wd: Papmom 11 months and Star 100 days - you guys rock! Hope you have an awesome day and do something wonderful for yourselves - you both deserve it! I'm right behind you Star and looking forward to that milestone.

Paguy - so know what you mean about the holding the breath thing - I still on occasion find myself doing it around my family until I realize - wow - I don't need to do this anymore! Great feeling huh?

Chill - skydiving? Never tried it and my first thought was - no way, but after giving it a little more thought, can't say I would be totally opposed to it. You know we will all want to hear about it if you decide to "take the leap"! :H

Rustop - I'm envious - wish I could get up and walk my dogs in the morning but I have to be at work by 6:00 so it just aint gonna work for me. Have to do it at night but definitely when it's not raining and somewhat warmer than it has been.

Bear, Lav, Dew and anyone I missed - hope you guys are all having a great day!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Papmom you are flying today and that inner confidence will come out in your interview. Way to go girl! Like you I love to tick my checklist every "1st" I did AF was "checked" and that added to my strength. Now its bring it on world! we can deal with it!
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

x post Jolie - could it be hayfever? We have high pollen count at the moment and I too have woken up with slight headache, it does make you never want to go back to the way we used to feel. I cant believe I put myself through all that now, day after day of feeling crap....... What was I thinking!??
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values." ~ Ayn Rand

Star, congratulations! I am so happy for you making this milestone. It is just one of many you will continue to achieve. Well done!

Papmom, you always inspire! Congrats to you!

Paguy, I loved you little reflection in the elevator. Breathe freely!

Greetings Chill, Rusty, Rustop, Dew, Cyn, Jolie, Sooty, Lav, Newgrange, and all to come.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

A quick check in from work, lunch hour actually so I?m allowed Just wanted to say Congratulations to both Papmom and Star you are 2 incredible ladies who have achieved so so much and I am very grateful to think of you as my friends. Star you have made huge strides this year and it really comes across in your posts, and Papmom you are so full of life and tackling challenges head on it?s wonderful to witness, good luck with the interview we are all behind you. Each and every one of us is different, our journey is different and I think that there is huge strength in that diversity, we all learn from each other.

Chill
                I have done 2 parachute jumps for charity from about 2,500 feet (not the same as skydiving) but they were amazing it is incredible floating through the sky, very spiritual and simply awesome you would love, love, love it. Both experiences stayed with me daily for weeks after and whenever I am faced with a scary situation now I think back to the first time I pushed myself out of the plane. First landing I got caught up in a tree but did manage to avoid hitting the farmhouse wall and the second one I landed okay but had a black & blue bum for weeks. Pure adrenalin rush - you must do it!!

Off back to the grindstone, it?ll soon be finishing time and on with the weekend.........

Dewdrop :h
                Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Last but not least - GM everyone

Yay for the milestones Star & Papmom :yay::wd:
                  Be very happy & very proud today!

Dark, drizzling & 40 some degrees here this morning - is it really Spring?

Well, the new baby & his Mom go home today - now the fun begins for them! The ever busy EB is going to have to make some adjustments in his life - oh boy :H

I need more coffee!!!!
                  Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Dewdrop - cross post!
                    No way, no amount of money would make me jump out of an airplane - end of story!!!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Wow Dewdrop, two jump! how fantastic!

Just had to share my news with you, had someone come see my house this morning, loved it!
                      Came straight back with the deposit, wants to move in asap!! OMG! I have a lot to do.......*yikes*

IM GOING HOME!!!
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

That is great news Chill. I am so pleased for you! Sidney.

Comment

Whoo Hoo Chill!! Hope you got that car/jeep ready to go! Do you have an air card so you can keep us up to date on your journey or can you post from your phone? It's all happening so fast but I'm so excited for you and doggie!! :h

Interview went OK I think. I thought I was the last one but was actually #3 of 8 so I won't hear anything for at least 2 weeks and then if I do it will be to interview with the VP. I was prepared, I was myself and I did the best I could. I have to let the chips fall where they may now.
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

WOW Chill - that was super fast - good for you
                            Take a breath, make a 'things to do list' & go for it girl!!!!!
                            You'll be home before you know it!

Good on the job interview papmom!
                            I hope it works out for you

I'm expecting Lily & her parents for dinner tonight -
                            Grateful they accepted the invitation. I'm fighting lonliness this week. I think it comes from watching my kids going thru the best times of their lives right now. I had those good times too & am grateful. Somehow I just never figured I'd end up on my own with so much 'blankness' looming

OK, enough of that!
                            Feel better just releasing that thought!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Folks:

Lots of great things happening here!

Star and Papmom - CONGRATS on your milestones! Both of you are examples of pillars of strength and you represent what can be accomplished with self-confidence and positive thinking. Very happy for both of you.

Chill - I have to admit that I consider myself to be fairly adventurous but I don't think you would ever get me to skydive. It's just one of those things that I think I can live without doing. But, I admire you for wanting to take that plunge!

Papmom - Glad to hear you were satisfied with your interview. Sounds like you have the right perspective. The interview process has to follow it's course and let's see what happens. Good Luck.

Chill - WOW - so happy for you, too! That was a pretty quick turnaround on finding a tenant. Now, the fun part begins, right? Take one day at a time. You'll be back in Scotland before you know it.

Very glad it is Friday. It was a long week and it just feels good to be home again. My little friend hasn't left my side since I got back and he is just looking up at me with his black eyes wondering when he's going to get his back massage. His skin allergies have flared up again and he just loves having his back rubbed. It's so nice to be appreciated!

It feels so good to be sober on a Friday evening and having the whole weekend to look forward to.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend....
                              John
                              AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Saturday afternoon here on 9th April - 2 days nearly

done of being AF. Went to supermarket to pick up my 14 year old and very nearly bought a bottle of wine. Felt really grumpy with my 12 year old whos been in a major shit since his Dad has been away in the States. BUT I didnt buy one and then my 22 year old son came over with his girlfriend which killed some more time so all good. Hubbie rang and then started dinner so the feeling has gone for now. So yes I appreciate today. Will lie in bed tonight and read my new library books. Usually on a Saturday night I'd be pissed lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X