AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Evening abbers! Just checking in! Love reading everyones stories!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

I overdid it at the gym and my low back is unhappy.
      Note to the universe: that is NOT what I meant about learning to sit still!!!
      Consequently I had to urge surf a bit. Can you believe it?? It really pissed me off. Fecking year and a half at the second go around, and I get that whispering... So.... I went to Aldi.... what a downward spiral into sugardom. But, chin up greenie. I have a lovely cod recipe to make. Cod with panko breading on it over peas with garlic and scallions and stuff. With a nice salad and some roasted cauliflower. That should ease my guilt. And if you can't tell, there was 2 cups of coffee to go with those chunky peanut butter cookies with chunks of dark chocolate in them. :H

DG, you can borrow my chicken boots.

I vote for the M3 approach to the booze in the bedroom thing.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Everyone should be here by sunrise tomorrow with their chicken boots on!
        I'll make lots of coffee & cookies (whatever you want). We can spend the day shoveling out the old bedding which is loaded with chicken poop & spread the fresh pine shavings bedding

OR, you can skip it & I'll get the job done eventually :H
        YB just stopped by to ask if he can borrow my (extra) car tomorrow. He has to attend a seminar in Rehoboth Beach this week & doesn't want to take his truck. I said sure if he buys & plants a Dogwood Tree for me tomorrow to replace something that didn't survive the winter :H I think I'm starting to get the hang of this

Greenie, blessings on your poor back! Nurse Lav says apply moist heat (no heating pads) & take Ibuprofen! Very nice about the Bluebird babies!

DG, I think fear holds all of us back to some extent! I certainly have had my fair share.
        The more we grow up the more we accomplish, right?

Nothing to report on the stork watch yet - ETA Tuesday

Feel better Cassia!
        Hi Jenny, papmom, M3 & everyone!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Greenie, I'm sorry to hear about your back. Mine is also feeling rough after last evening and today on a hard chair. I have to re-think my approach to these conferences. I hope yours is feeling better soon! I'm starting to think I want to go back to chiropractic care, as nutty as that business seems to be sometimes.

Lav, indeed it seems you are getting the hang of it. If I'm not there right at sunrise tomorrow, go ahead and start without me OK? :H

Hi again Jenny! Hope you are having a good weekend.

One thing is for sure...

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Oh Greenie-great minds think alike!! I too had to urge surf today and it really pissed me off since I'm only 5 weeks away from my 1 year anni!! So, I went to Stop and Shop!! Aldis is tomorrow when their grand opening speacials are in effect. I'm very anxious to check this store out. Anyway, I gave in and got a.........whoopie pie and a pizza on sale, a couple of mags too. what triggered this little episode? Shopping for a lower credit card rate (I'm at a whopping 23%!!) and finding out I only have "good" credit, not excellent credit so Capital One only gave me a low limit and an 18% rate. I promptly called and asked them to withdraw the app I had submitted only 5 min before. I was shocked actually. I thought I had excellent credit. So down into the dumps I went, WTF thinking bubbled up and all of a sudden the beast was staring me down, daring me.

I'm home now, pizza will be in the oven in a few minutes and I will enjoy every single crumb of that unmentionable pastry. I must focus on the good things I did today: dishes, laundry and thanks to Lav, tackled a big box of papers I had shoved away a couple of years ago. Now I have an even bigger container of shredding, a grocery bag of recycling and a very small pile to file away. One day. I still have one more small container of more recent paper to tackle but at least I got the big one out of the way. Now I try very hard to deal with the paper AS IT COMES IN, instead of putting it in a pile. Not totally successful but somewhat.
            So that was my day DG. Boring boring boring but I have no motivation these days to do anything energetic. Didn't even get out for a walk. Bad dog mommie.
            Tomorrow is the shopping event at Aldi's and then out to Western MA to my brothers for a lobster dinner with dad, sis, BIL, niece, SIL and youngest nephew. I'm bringing my oldest dog as the neph really gets a kick out of him and I'm feeling guilty for giving DD most of my attention. I'm driving so if the beast tries to tag along he's out of luck.

DG-I read your post on the AA thread where you went into a little more detail about the MK meeting and the fear issue. Very interesting and timely. Are there any MK stories on line that one can read? You know like the WW success stories? I sure could use a pep talk as all of a sudden I'm getting very nervous about my upcoming interview. I'm nervous about performing and I'm nervous about possibly changing jobs AGAIN and most of all I think, I'm nervous because after all these years of trying to get hired by this school I'm not 100% sure I want to go back into admissions. You know the saying about the monster you know? or something like that? My boss is impossible but predictable now and I have it fairly easy but boring. Oh my, thank goodness I have my therapy appt monday-finally some meat for her to chew on :H!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

papmom3;1090145 wrote: Oh my, thank goodness I have my therapy appt monday-finally some meat for her to chew on :H!!
              :H:H:H
              sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

This is somebody's (from a telecast - Sonja Cochette maybe?) list:

6 steps for stopping fear

1. Stop looking for other people's approval to determine your own self worth.
                2. Stop feeling responsible for the happiness or unhappiness of others.
                3. Stop thinking you can change what happened yesterday by reliving it today.
                4. Stop spending time with people who have agreed to live with negative states.
                5. Stop believing you can only be as successful as you are willing to push yourself through life.
                6. Stop explaining or justifying your actions to yourself or others.
                sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

good one greenie!
                  You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                  Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Hi everyone.

Although I am only two weeks sober, I feel I would like to join in with you Abbers as I feel different now.
                    People have been commenting that I may have needed to fall back into the bottle so I know the difference. And I believe (for me) that was true.
                    I had spent the seven months I was sober last year, feeling deprived, missing AL, wishing I was "normal" angry that I couldnt drink - sulking basically.
                    This time however I feel so different. I can honestly look into my heart and know that I dont want a drink. I can live a great life without needing to use AL as an excuse.
                    And this time I dont feel lilke I have to drink to please everyone else, I dont have to get drunk so I entertain everyone else and make sure they are enjoying themselves. I dont care that I dont act like I do with AL. If I am quiet, you deal with it, it's not my problem!
                    For the first time in a long time, maybe even ever - I am content. I am not trying to fill that huge void I felt was in me when I gave up last year. I dont have to replace AL with sugar or excuses like I did.
                    I am so thankful for this site, and especially you people. I couldnt have got to where I am today without either.
                    :h
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AF Daily - Saturday 4/2

Whoo Hoo HC!! Welcome to the daily abs!! I am so happy to see you here! I can definitely sense a difference in your words-there is a peace about you there wasn't last year. I know it will still be a struggle at times but I hope that the support and friendship you find here will make it a tad less painful. I know it has for me. It's already evening in the land down under for you so I hope you had a wonderful Sunday with great weather and got some gardening done. We're still waiting for that great weather here in Northeast US!!
                      See you over on the Sunday thread when someone starts it. Oh, that probably should be me since I'm up!!
                      :l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                      X