Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Monday 4/4

Good evening all,

Dragging my tired butt today BUT I am glad to report I am down another 2 lbs today - at least something is working right for me :H

Cindi, sending you strength vibes....congrats on your 2 AF days! Just think how great you would feel to get thru the entire week AF!

Papmom, we've had campers in the past. They were fun, for a while. I just got tired of all the physical work involved with camping on my weekend 'off' if you know what I mean
    Looks like I will go down in history as the hot flash queen :H
    They started at age 41 - all day long!! At 42 the night sweats started, ugh! Now mind you, this was all beofre I started drinking......
    At 44 I demanded my doc draw my blood, the results showed I was in menopause - no shit doc! She put me on HRT then. I've been thru several different pills, patches, dosage changes, etc. I was told what to eliminate from my diet, to stop smoking & drinking (especially wine), avoid spicey food - the whole nine yards! Lastly I was told to reduce my stress....... Well, I retired from my stressful job, eliminated a couple of stress inducing toxic friends but there was still YB. Turned out he was the major cause of my stress & still is. I just had dealings with him on Saturday & Sunday which left me feeling stressed. So here I am at 57, still stressed & sleepless. Crap!

The weather was picture perfect today, 79 degrees & sunny. Tomorrow the day is supposed to start out with a thunder storm - oh well.

Well, grandbaby #3 is due tomorrow - has anyone seen the stork? :H:H
    My head is spinning :H
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 4/4

Lav,

I would have the blood work redone. You should not be having hot flashes on HRT.

41 :shocked:

I had a hysterectomy at 46 or so but he left one ovary. I didn't start real menopause until the last year or so. Makes life interesting, huh? I can't do HRT.

Sorry about the stress from YB.

I'll keep my eye out for the stork and be sure to send him your way.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Monday 4/4

Good night all!

I'm so late posting here today -- so busy at work these days. It's a transition time that's for sure. I have a new boss and new corporate ownership -- about the 3rd one in the last 5 years so it's getting old! I seem to fluctuate between wanting to quit and really liking the challenge. So, I guess I'll give it a little more time and see how it goes.

Sounds like everyone here is doing great! Cassia congratulations!!! That is so awesome. I always said ignore the economy stuff and just plow ahead and things will work out if they're meant to. And it looks like they did!

Lav, good job on 2 pounds! And looking forward to a new grandbaby again! You are one busy grandma! Everyone else so good to read your positive posts. Thanks for being there!

Comment

AF Daily Monday 4/4

Hey Everyone! Lots of excitement here today, huh? The stork on his way to Lav's family, Cassia with a new job, Papmom soon to own a camper, DG on her way to a pink cadillac... :

I myself have been dragging today! I don't know why...tired and a little gloomy. Funny, my sweet nine year old son said the same thing at bedtime, "Mom, I just felt tired and a little sad today...I don't know why". Some good cuddling sent him off to sleep and cheered me up. I love bedtime with the kids now, sober, focused, alert. Life is good.

I went to a SMART face to face meeting last night, which I'm sorry to say was not great for me. I felt out of place. I recognize that it is not helpful to compare myself or my drinking to other people, but the stories told last night were so intense, so awful and ugly and painful, I couldn't possibly voice my feelings about how it was hard for me to sit at a bar in a fancy restaurant with my husband! It seemed as though my issues would seem so trivial. Of course to me, they're not. I know the ugliness and pain that was a part of my drinking life, too. But it wasn't like I heard last night...It was lonely, shameful, anxiety-ridden, embarrassing, exhausting, depressing...But, thank God, I didn't lose jobs, go to inpatient programs, lose my license, lock myself in a basement for days on end to drink alone. Maybe I would have gotten there some day if I hadn't stopped drinking.

Anyway, the last thing I want is to begin the "I was never that bad" kind of thinking that has led me back to drinking again and again. When I was drinking it was like I was in this deep murky water, and although I could still just barely keep my head above water, I was in constant danger of drowning. Last night I heard about people who had gone under. "There but for the grace of God go I" I guess.

Well, sleep tight Ab-Fabbers! See you tomorrow!

Sara
          "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily Monday 4/4

Sarasmiles;1091543 wrote: I myself have been dragging today! I don't know why...tired and a little gloomy. Funny, my sweet nine year old son said the same thing at bedtime, "Mom, I just felt tired and a little sad today...I don't know why".
            "Neptune entered Pices for the first time since the mid- 1800s. If you are sensitive to such energies, you may feel disoriented, ungrounded, or spacey during the next 72 hours."

sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Monday 4/4

Cinders, hang tight! I'm on the road myself. alone, eating alone etc. I just make myself maintain a positive attitude and focus on how great it is to not be in pain physically or mentally. I also take an antabuse if it's getting to me. and if I feel like I need a treat because I'm stressed out I'll eat something fancy or unusual. xxxxxxx dear

be well everyone.

zzzzzzzzzz
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X