Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Morning friends.

Seeing as I am awake on Saturday morning when you are still in Friday I thought I would start the thread this morning as by the time I usually get to read it, my day is over.

Caught up on Thursday and Friday's posts.

Jenny - I felt chills when you described what happened to your daughter. I can not believe that no-one helped or supported your desire to leave. I dont care whether he "is like that" he overstepped the boundary and made your daughter feel something she shouldnt feel, so that is enough to warrent addressing. Good on you for standing up for her. Children should be listened to when they tell you something either verbally or silently by their actions. I thank goodness that I am sober now to be able to deal with things that will come up with my children, like when my son got beaten up recently (by THREE security guards). I was sober that evening and able to deal with it.

Pap - congratulation on 11 months. You have come such a long way. I remember your struggles last year when you tried so hard to stay sober. You had a lot to deal with - your health and jobs. But you have come thru fantastically and are now one of the strongest members here. Good on you my friend. Hope your interview went well.

Still feeling on top of the world. Am worried though that something will burst my bubble and I will come crashing down as it seems to have happened so easy this time around. No cravings - physical or mental, no desire to drink and feel like I am actually addressing the reasons I drank. Even going to the doctors on Thursday, I had no feelings of panic or anxiety. Maybe this time I have actually "Got it".

Looking forward to visiting again this afternoon to catch up on your day.

Hipster
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Hello Abbers! Hippie, this is great, I get to post for AF Saturday on Friday night!

I have been struggling with getting AF for the last 4 months -- 10 days here and 20 days there...but I have to say this is the first time I've gone through my first week with NO cravings...l. I never had physical withdrawl issues, but this time I've had no mental anguish either. I hope that stays right with me through this first 90 days! I was planning to just white knuckle it through 90-days to get to a point where I'm not obsessing all the time and when I decided that I just stopped obsessing! I realize they can still pop up at any moment so I'm staying vigilant, but so far so good. Week one down.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! I'm getting highlights and going shopping!

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Good morning, Abbers! It's still night here, but I'm pretending I'm in Australia.

I've had a couple of very busy, very PMSy days, and have gotten behind here! I have read back, though...I want to say congrats on another grandchild, Lav!!

Jenny, I'm so so sorry about what happened to you and your daughter. I just ached for you when I read it. Your response to her probably did more good than anything else could have...just letting her know that what he did was very wrong, and not her fault, and that you love and cherish her.

LV, I empathize with the sometimes negative feelings you have about weekends. My husband often announces with glee, "It's the weekend!!" when he comes home on Friday nights. I don't have the heart to tell him that for me, that often means more tension, more work, more frustrations...

Bear, glad to hear about the CBT. I have become a big believer. It's amazing how much changing our thinking can change our feelings. Have you read Albert Ellis? My favorite is "A Guide to Rational Living". He is the founder of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, which shares a lot with Cognitive Behavioral. You probably know all this...

I feel bad not responding to everyone, but my eye lids are heavy...I guess I need to sleep now that it's morning here in Australia! :H

Sara
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Thank you everyone for all your sympathy and well wishes! I wish I could just make it go away!
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Jenny, sorry you had trouble getting onto chat.. saw you trying! maybe you need to download a new version of JAVA? take care xxxx
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Morning abbers!

Now that it really is Saturday I thought I'd pop in and say hello. Hope you all have a wonderful AF Saturday.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

hey all just a quickie

sara smiles - yes i have been reading smart website and have bought book by phillip Tate based on rebt - it's powerful stuff! I want to read more - not read any albert ellis tho yet - he's the founder isn't he?

lovely sunny day - went to tip to get rid of chopped down bushes and old clothes - the nbought food for weekend friend's visit. Including lush coffee -mmmm - free cafetiere too - bonus!

Other than taht - walk along river - pub lunch outside (it's more a restaurant with a garden)- then spa evening - then tomorrow day of watching rollerderby - playing US teams - amazing!
              one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Still overcast & way too chilly here for Spring - where's the sun? Enjoy it if you can see the sun

Meeting a friend for lunch today - looking foward to some company. It's been a super emotional week for me ~ mostly good stuff with the arrival of my new grandson but mixed with some leftover YB insanity. I'm still working on accepting his choice to preserve his ego-centered thinking over the love of his wife & family

OK, I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Saturday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Morning fabbies! Thanks for getting us started HC!! I love that we started our fab ab day in Australia this time!! I can relate to your comments about worries of the future. I think some people tend to over think the past and live in constant remorse and others of us tend to way over worry the future. Either way, I rob myself of today. One day as I was obsessively going on and on about some future thing (that I don't even recall what eventually happened LOL) he said "worry is something we do to fool ourselves into thinking we are taking action." Hmmm... That was me to a tee! Another saying I read (here at MWO I think??) "Worry is like a rocking chair. It keeps you busy but you don't get anywhere." Anyway....I liked reading your post and it was a reminder for me to STAY IN TODAY and not get caught up in future worries or past regrets.

Mylife, congrats on a week AF!!! Shopping and highlights. Now THAT sounds like a fabulous day!!!

Sara, in an effort to get even, which is highly under rated sometimes, how 'bout making 6AM on Monday the ":yougo: Yeah!! It's Monday!! :yougo:" cheer time? Seriously - I hope you have a good weekend and it's not stressful.

Jenny I wish we could make it go away for you too. :l

Hi Det! What are you and Dx up to this weekend?

Bear, you sound really good with a nice plan for the weekend. Lunch in a garden restaurant sounds fabulous! I'm jealous of your sunshine!

Lav, I wish YB would stop being such an asshat. Mean time, I am so happy you have your family and grand babies. And more blue egg laying chickens. You deserve happiness!

Hello all other fabbies and anyone I missed over the last crazy week!

I am just SO GRATEFUL to be sober today. Any problems I have could be made worse in a flash if I drink over them. I am also grateful that I have no compulsion to drink. I remember those "white knuckle" days (weeks, months) and I just love that sobriety comes so naturally now. (I hope a day comes when healthy eating comes as naturally, but I'm workin' on that!) For those of you who might be struggling a bit with cravings, etc. - please keep the faith that if you stay true to your AFness, it all gets easier. The only way to stay stuck in misery is to drink. That is all.

It's rainy and yucky here today. I'm ready for some superb spring days!! Hopefully soon.

I am puttering in my office this morning and liking it. Good rainy day action. Tonight is the annual banquet for the Alano Club. They went all out with a terrific circuit speaker, fabulous dinner menu, great raffle prizes, and our resident DJ is always great. Mr. Doggy is not into that sort of thing but encourages me to go with my friends which is awesome. So I will be hooking up with a bunch of AA girlfriends and enjoying the night! Some of us are getting out our sequins.

Hello to everyone yet to come. Have a great day one and all.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE!!!!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Doggygirl;1094777 wrote: For those of you who might be struggling a bit with cravings, etc. - please keep the faith that if you stay true to your AFness, it all gets easier. The only way to stay stuck in misery is to drink. That is all.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE!!!!

DG
                    DITTO for me. It seems so unsurmountable in the beginning but I must say, I hardly ever think about drinking anymore (and haven't in a very long time) and if I do, it is certainly not a craving. My faith (based on others' experience) that this was going to be the case someday is what got me through those first few months.

M3
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

YB = ASSHAT :H:H

Thank you DG - I needed that!
                      Funny, my old friend from high just called him something similar while we were out to lunch! She's known him as long as I have too

I forgot to post my new chick pic - they're still a little camera shy.

My brand new grandson & his big brother EB are coming for dinner believe it or not. So I am happy today & grateful
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Is it 6:15 already? Where did this day go? Spent most of the morning cleaning up after poopy peeing paps-have they not been housetrained???? and waiting for the delivery of a surrendered pap to transport up to NH to her new foster home. She is 11 months old and the owner was "tired" of her and wanted her put down. Luckily her vet refused and contacted our breed club who contacted me because the dog was in my city and also contacted the national rescue group. Somehow I got involved and volunteered to drive her anywhere 1 hour from me and it happened to be NH. The vet turns out to live right around the corner from me and got her to me around one this afternoon. The dog is now in a great foster home, is very sweet and with some love, attention and discipline will make someone a very happy fur-parent!! :h If anyone in the New England area will be looking for a toy breed to adopt in the near future, let me know and I'll get you in touch with this group and maybe Angel will end up an MWOer!!!

After taking care of 7 paps for the past 24 hours and getting involved in this transport, I think I'm ready to get involved in rescue again and can handle a foster now and then. My guys have really enjoyed the company and Koby seems a tad less alpha since there are too many dogs for him to be alpha over :H!! I definitely have to move out to the country and have about 8 dogs and then life will be great!!

On the way home I stopped at petco and got some disposable diapers for the only girl in the house who was the most prolific marker (the boys all had belly bands on but managed to sneak in a wee before I got the bands on!!)

Lav-your new chicks are the cutest!! Hope your having a great time with EB and his new bro!!

Time to kick back and pass out (naturally, not AL induced!!)

:l
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Asshat.... :H snort!

I was YB today. I'm too tired to say anything else except something is still leaking in the shower - must be from a pipe in the cement slab. Jackhammer time. Feck. That is all. No, I can't end on feck. Let's see.... pretty chickens, lav!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Here ya go Greenie -
                            a 3 day old baby boy totally wide awake at Mi Mom's house tonight. Couldn't get EB to stand still next to him long enough for a picture

Sorry about the leak - that sucks

Papmom needs a delivery of NB size diapers at her house :H
                            You are a very, very nice person to help all those needy doggies.

I'm going to run over & help my DIL with the 2 kids & the Insanity Twins (Goldens) tomorrow morning - my son is returning to work - oh boy! Keeping myself busy is a good thing - no kidding
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Lord Have Mercy, that is the sweetest look EVER!!!!! After being in a womb for 9 months, babies must look around thinking WOW THIS IS SO AWESOME OUT HERE!!!! :H Funny, I still do that sometimes. :H:H:H

MY FIREPIT KICKS ARSE!!! I sat still for 1 & 1/2 hours! It is so perfect!!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X