Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Good night all!

Just checking in before I head to bed. M3, thanks for posting that knowing you eventually would not think of Al got you through the first few months. I have told myself the same and it's really helped me this time around. I had a little challenge today when I had to take a work associate from out of town to dinner -- however sparkling water was ordered and it was fine.

Lav -- sweetest baby ever - and chicks too! You're surrounded by babies!

Have a wonderful AF night all!

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Papmom, do belly bands work? Your dogs don't take them off? Do they wee in them or do they know that they are on so they just don't wee at all? I ask because I have a male that marks everywhere. I got my carpet cleaned today and spend an hour cleaning wee off of base boards! It's soooo annoying!

Hi everyone, hope all is well this evening!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Hi Jenny-the bellybands are velcroed in place with very strong velcro so they rarely fall off. If the peeing is marking based they will mark with the bands on. If it is a matter of housetraining, you can use the belly bands to help with that. My guys are total markers so they have to be on 24/7 except when outside. If you have any sewing knowhow at all (can thread the machine and stitch a somewhat straight line) you can make these yourself for a fraction of what you would pay for them in a store or online (Petco = 20.00 or more). I find good quality fleece the best because the adhesive from the incontinence pads you put inside the bands doesn't stick to the fabric. However, if you use regular fabric or flannel, handwashing allows you to pull the left on adhesive right off, as well as the fur that gets stuck in the velcro. These bands have been lifesavers for my dogs and all my fosters. the only downside is that I go through about 72 pads in 2 weeks with my 3 guys so it's expensive. A bag of 72 moderate absorbancy is about 11.99 or 12.99 at CVS. Poise is much more expensive but sometimes you can get $1 off coupons from their site. I have tried various menstrual pads and they don't absorb like the incontinence ones do. My guys are 10-20 lbs and 11-16 inches tall. For smaller dogs you can use the quilting fat quarters when they go on sale and get about 2 bands out of a quarter but they are just a little too short for my guys. I can send you the directions if you want. They are easy peasy to make.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Wow. I thought I knew quite a bit about dogs. But this pee / belly band thing has me :H. Maybe I DON'T want a Litty Doggy All Of My Own after all!

OK - On to the Sunday thread for more!!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Saturday 9th

Awww, its not that bad DG! And if you get a girl doggie you probably don't have to worry!! Remember where my "guests" came from! I guarantee their mom doesn't even know there is pee/poop in the house-can't tell it from the rest of the crap!! I always had to belly band LM because of his bladder problems-DD is just a marker so I have to deal with it. Mickey wouldn't pee in the house if you left him alone for 24 hours!!:H so it all depends on the kind of dog you get and you can pick yours out!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
            X