I'm heading out now for a fun day of kiddie & doggie management

Wishing everyone a good AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Sunday April 10

Hello friends,

Lav, it is rainy and overcast, and pretty darn chilly here this morning. We haven't seen the sun in several days now. :upset: I hope it clears off, because we have a fun day planned with the 4-H shooters and it includes an archery competition outside!

It's been another busy weekend, and I am kind of tired of those. I love volunteering my time, and I feel it is very important, but it sure takes a lot of personal time away. We had a great turn out for a community clean up day yesterday--quite a few senior high kids which was great!

Today it's Sunday school, church, meal and meeting after church, the 4-H deal and later in the evening a basketball dinner. All of which require a food dish. I made a big tater salad, but not sure what else. Wonder if anyone will know if I bring some leftovers. :H

Not much else to report here. I am very happy to be sober...that is for sure!

Have a great day all!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good Morning All,

Wow, lots of busy people over the weekend.

Greenie, Hope that plumbing situation gets fixed soon. I am so happy you love your fire pit. We have one in our backyard and the girls roast marshamallows, make S'mores, etc. It is a nice gathering spot.

Papmom, It sounds like you are quite busy with all of those little paps. I was thinking that my middle daughter would be in heaven with all of those dogs. We have a Shih Tzu but she wants more dogs. If we lived close by, I would send her over to help out. I'm happy your interview went well and I hope you hear something from them soon.

LVT, I hear what you are saying about being busy with volunteer work. I find that my Sundays, in particular are filled with one church related thing or another such as teaching a class, making food for a dinner, etc., having a church meeting. I thought Sundays were supposed to be a day of rest!!!

Lav, you new grandbaby is so precious and yummy. Oh, and those chickens are just the sweetest. I would love to have chickens in our back yard but our city does not allow them. There is a group of us who are lobbying hard for them.

It's cloudy and overcase here again today too. It's got me feeling a little down but it least it's warmer. I'm going to spend today getting ready for Florida. I am leaving on Wednesday with my 3 girls for one week. There will be lots of canoeing, boating, swimming, etc. We are staying with friends. Should be fun, but what it takes to get ready to go (Argggh). We may even head up to Orlando for a day to Universal. My younger girls want to see the new Harry Potter attraction. We have no itinerary and will take it day by day. Last year, my older daughter and I went to Fl together and it was a magical experience. She is a nature lover like me and we got to swim with manatees on two separate occasions. Very cool.

DG, I hope you have/had a great weekend living your AF life to the fullest. How was the concert?

Mylife and all others early in sobriety. It does get easier!! There comes a day when you hardly think of alcohol other than feeling gratefull for no longer being tethered to a bottle.

M3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Fabbies!!!!

Mylife - keep hanging in there. You will definitely think about it less as you get further and further down the road. Isn't it great how those urges (i.e. at the dinner) pass if we just hang on and move through them.

P3 - sounds like you love your babysitting / rescue work!! I hope you get to do more of it. That is great about you helping save Angel!

Oh Greenie. I'm so sorry that plumbing problem continues. That is AWESOME news about the firepit though! Sounds like you are making great use of it!

Lav, FABULOUS piccy of Will!!!! How does EB like having a baby brother at this stage? And thanks for getting us started today. Hope you are having a fun day of babysiting two and four leggeds!

Hello to everyone else I missed from yesterday!

LVT, I hear you on lots of volunteering being rewarding but also taxing. I'm not sure I'm at the correct balance for my zen just yet, but I'm willing to keep adding / subtracting activities until it's just right! And have fun in the process. If you move food to a fresh bowl, it is automatically not leftovers any more.

M3, so it's just you and the girls off to Florida? That sounds like a really great and special time. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!!! I hope it's not TOO crazy getting ready to go. I struggle plenty just getting myself ready to go out of town - I can't imagine organizing 3 other people.

Most of my Big Stuff from the last 24 is AA related, so posted it there. In other news, did I mention that Mr. Doggy is finally, after years of talking about it, making moves to get us into the rental property business? Anyway, he is bidding on a house right now and just saw the inside of it this morning. Like so many homes that are sitting empty right now, it's been severely damaged by "squatters" as the property makes it's way through the government system (HUD) to be sold. The joke here today is that he's not a slum lord yet, but seems to be on the right track. :H (and I'm thrilled that from the get go, I told him I will not be doing any maintenance or repair work!!!)

It was nasty yesterday morning, but then cleared up and we had gorgeous sun yesterday afternoon, and it's already in the 80's and gorgeous today. I'm heading outside with a book!

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello All.

I'm happy to be AF on a Sunny Sunday here in Florida.

I got up early and went for a power walk this morning -- cleaned our pool deck and went grocery shopping! It's amazing how much I get done when I'm not wasting my time with AL. My husband comes home tonight -- he's been out of town for a week. I'm happy I'll be AF rather than bleary on my 2nd or 3rd wine when he arrives.

Sorry for all the cloudy weather out there! We're getting HEAT (unseasonably warm) and sunshine down here. I wouldn't mind another month of cooler spring weather...but I'll take the sunshine.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I feel strong and positive this time around. Have a great Sunday afternoon/evening!

Comment

hidy ho ABeroooooos!

just resting up from yesterdays big martial arts seminar. it was so wonderful to hear the old masters speaking of how things were back in the 40's, 50's and how the arts have evolved.

Lav, what gorgeous pics! enjoy

packing up for a very early Monday drive back to the hotel lifestyle again already.. sigh

be well friends
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Had a great day but exhausting........wow!
              Wrestling 2 over grown Goldens, managing the always busy EB & making sure he doesn't fling a toy in the baby's face No wonder grandmothers are so tired :H

When I got home I found YB had been here to cut grass

Hope everyone had a great day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X