AF Daily - Friday April 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Confused!! This is really the Saturday Thread!!

Hi Fabbies! HC - I hope you have had a glorious Saturday down under. It's rainy here but I'm going to look at the bright side. No need to feel guilty that I'm not doing yard work today! I have a Mary Kay apopintment later this morning, and I'm hoping to stop and see a struggling AA friend on the way. I really want to run my Couch 2 5K routine today, but not sure about trying to do it in the rain. Maybe it will clear up a bit this afternoon. Then later I want some mandala time.

Knowing what life has been like through many drunk years and many sober years too, I am facing a stark example of what AL really does to our lives. It robs us. Especially if the robbery is slow and insidious (like it was for me) it was hard to even notice what AL was robbing me of over time. Until I finally woke up and realized I didn't like anything about myself or my life. And just wanted to end it. Remove the AL and things have gotten so much better. Not perfect all the time. Ups and downs for sure. But looking at all I have in my life today compared to where I was 4 years ago? (before coming to MWO the first time) WOW. What a difference. And now I have watched my friend slide back down that hole.

I am so grateful to be sober today. I'm going to do what my Step Coach always said - hang onto it with both hands.

What is everyone up to today?

One thing is for SURE....there will be NO AL in my life today.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

DG is confused folks - it's SAturday! LOL

I love you girl - looks like you have a busy day planned. I am so glad that so many of you are using the mandalas I suggested and that you are all enjoying them! It makes me feel like I was able to contribute something positive.

Boo (puppy) is so good - he doesn't chew anything (except his toys) he is learning to go on the training pads, he doesn't bark - he loves to play - could it get any better? Oh, and he's the cutest ever - boxer/pug puppy.

Okay - off to have a busy Saturday - Al free of course!

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Oops!! You are right! I'm confused! I guess if I was going to live a day over again, yesterday would be a good one to pick. Wish I could change it but I don't think I can edit the title!

Boo! I love that name!! So happy that puppydom is going well. I can't wait for pictures!!!!

Uni, every time you share here, you help someone. All of us do. When we share a victory, it gives someone hope. When we share a stumble, it lets all of us know we are not alone in our struggles. And then every once in awhile, we manage to share a mandala or something else that is really over the top!! But EVERY share is a good share. :l You are special. All of us are. :l

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

I sure as hell thought it was Saturday when I woke up but it can be Friday part 2.......that's OK :H:H

Good morning DG & Uni & all to come today!

I'm diving into animal care as soon as I get my uncontrollable sneezing under control - gotta love Spring

Have a great day!!!!!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

That's ok, DG, for a moment there I thought it was Sunday.
          I really don't care for the weekend anymore. Hubby is being extremely weird. Very quiet and reserved, and almost acts like a whipped pup. I was having a conversation with #1 son about him wanting to go out last night, and me expecting him to get this blasted room painting done. Hubby had to chime in and then he just ended up being pissed off. #1 son needs to learn to just quit the arguing. It drives my husband crazy--because they are so much alike I think. I made my son apologize to his dad before he went out. It is still pretty chilly and uncomfortable in our house this morning. Another reason for hubby's mood, is he's not drinking. He's put on about 25 pounds this winter, and I may have mentioned he could perhaps cut down on the beer. I'm trying really hard to just be as cheerful as I can, but I gotta tell you it's hard!

I've wasted most of the morning looking for the charger for my video camera. I was going to have my son tape my friend's son at his track meet today, and I have looked everywhere! I guess if I buy a new one I might find it, but that doesn't help my friend. Grr!

Later #1 son and I are going to shop for a daybed for his room, we're going to sell #2 son's really cool loft bed (He's too mature for it) and put the antique bed in his room. I also told my son I would buy him a new pair of jeans for doing so well in school.
          I wanted to start in the garden, but it is still a little chilly and wet from all that snow. Part of our state had a major blizzard with interstate closed and everything! I'm glad we had a nice gentle snow here.

Well, I better get busy. Have a great sober weekend all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Happy Saturday ABland!

thanks for the nice kickstart DoggyGirl. I'm also hanging on with both hands.

hidy ho Uni, Lavande, LVT, and all to come.

I found out what a crappy carpenter I am yesterday. bought an incredibly expensive 'bubinga' wood board which is so gorgeous. this promptly broke into a gazillion pieces. oopsie. found out it doesn't have very good tensile strength. oh well. Maple, and Ash are the strongest commonly available here. back to the woodshop

be well friends
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi to bear again from the other thread!

LVT, I'm sorry your home is "chilly" today in more ways than one....sounds like you have good stuff planned anyway!

Det - sorry to hear about your wood project!! I know nothing about different types of wood but would feel devastated to see something disintegrate (sp) like that!

OK folks. Now I know for sure that God is real. You want to know how I know? CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! You heard it here first! Coffee is good for us! AND CHOCOLATE!!! I just can't believe my good fortune today! How about it!! :cupajoe:

And...my original Mary Kay appointment cancelled so I got together with one of my AA girlfriend. And SHE decided to become a Mary Kay lady!! :yougo: I'm so excited.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Peek-a-boo!

I hope this coffee thing is good so I won't feel guilty sucking down the cup that is brewing while I type this.

DG, while you were typing Friday 4/16, I was in my driveway looking around for the Sunday paper. :H:H

I missed yoga due to a hissy fit so I went to the river. Now I'm purging a file cabinet and I'm all happy about that.

Round of AF :l to everyone!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;1099615 wrote: Peek-a-boo!

DG, while you were typing Friday 4/16, I was in my driveway looking around for the Sunday paper. :H:H
                  Friday + Sunday = Saturday?

.......Now I'm purging a file cabinet and I'm all happy about that.
                  Will there be a bonfire later?????

I'm still :yougo: about Dr. Mercola's :cupajoe: endoresement!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

It has to be at least Thursday afternoon by now - right? :H

DG, I didn't watch the video but did skim the article. Ori doesn't talk about the effects of caffeine on heart rate & BP. I know that it definitely increases mine - big time!
                    That's why I've settled on Melitta Classic Decaf coffee. It's good, I drink it w/o sugar & drink a lot of it. My Harris Decaf Green tea delivers 130 mg. of antioxidants per serving & I drink a lot of that too w/o sugar. I'm sticking with that for now

I've had CNN on all day, listening to reports about this storm creating tornados down south. Look out Greenie! I've had wind gusts here moving my wrought iron furniture on my deck - crazy!!!!

I forgot about putting my pics on Photobucket - the site was down for maintenance earlier this week. I'll be back
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

OK,

If you care to see some pictures from our excursion to Longwood Gardens on Monday afternoon - here they are. Ms Lily was just thrilled The conservatory was beautiful, as usual!

Longwood Gardens pictures by elkmills - Photobucket
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

They are beautiful photographs Lavande!

Comment

Oh Lav, those were just stunning! Exactly as I imagined it would be! I bet the smells were heavenly! Your daughter and Lily look great and very peaceful. I have GOT to get down there! Anyone up for a MWO meetup near Lav this summer?
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

yeah for coffee!!!!

Doggygirl, have you seen any of Ori's other videos? the guy us a brilliant dietitian/nutritionalist. he wrote a book 'the warrior diet' which is closely related to Paleo/Primal with some interesting research on dairy that's got some attention.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

SMASHING pictures Lav! Yes...I would definitely be up for a meeting up Lav's. We could go visit the gardens after our blue egg omlettes!! Lily is gorgeous too. She looks so very serious!

Hi P3!!

Det, I have not seen his other videos. Is he thumbs up or down (in general) on dairy?

One thing is for sure, I'm thumbs down on booze today - whatever dang day of the week it is!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X