af daily wed 20 april

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily wed 20 april

hey all first day off of 14 days off - lazy day - still in pjs - beautiful day.I've been hanging with my cats and reading Albert Ellis book - re-bought the REBT based stop drinking book that I had lost and found the original the day after!!

I had a cbt session last night as well - really good to unpick stuff - what i love about all the behavioural therapies is it is all about you having the answers and being able to change your behaviour thoughts and feelings - stops me feeling so stuck.We also talked about drinking as well last night as well as depression/anxiety that I have.

Really makes me focus on the thoughts i have that tell me i can't do things (be af/stop smoking,lose weight) because I've tried and failed before - I now talk back to these thoughts and there is no such thing as impossible.

Just bought rollerderby workout dvd off amazon - so will to be using that over next few days. Plan for a spa day tomorrow - will take my rebt books and chill and steam - may do some weights/light cycling at the gym as well. I plan to decorate kitchen next week, maybe get blinds fitted in front room and do a bit more to the garden.

I love being af - I love that it's made me finally question unhelpful thinking that I've had for years - I love that I am now closer to conquering my demons and twisted thoughts/victim mentality (which I never even knew that I had deep down).
    one day at a time

af daily wed 20 april

Hi guys!

It is so great to hear you sounding so positive Bear! Keep it up! It sounds like the CBT is really working for you. Negative thoughts destroy only ourselves - if we can change the self-talk to positive it always helps!

I am excited about today. A girl who used to babysit for me (and she pretty much became like my adopted daughter) got engaged on the weekend! So I am picking her up today for nails, pedicure and lunch as a treat. I am really looking forward to it because she lives really far away so she is only home a couple of times a year, I'm glad she wants to spend time with me.

I sent DG a picture of BOO so expect a doggy pic soon! It's not the best pic of him but gives you an idea of how cute he is. He is sitting on my lap as we speak, he likes to sit here while I am on the computer.

Okay, I'm off! I hope everyone has a great AF day - I know I will.

Love you guys,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Good morning Abbers & happy Hump Day :H

Bear, enjoy these next 14 days
      Positive thinking is what helped get me get to the place I am in today

Uni, can't wait to see your puppy pic! He won't be a lap dog for too much longer, huh? I think you said he's a boxer mix? Enjoy puppyhood, it doesn't last long enough

I need to get myself back to work.......have been fooling around for the past hour, oh well :H

Have a terrific AF Wednesday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

And NOW!!! For the CUTEST PUPPY ON EARTH!!! Presenting.......

BOO!!!!!

Uni, he is adoreable!!! Our neighbors have a young boxer and I just love that serious expression! I'm with Lav - probably not a lap doggy for long! Have fun today with your friend! Sounds like a lovely day.

Bear, you sound like you have really turned a major corner and I am so happy for you!! Enjoy the start of vacation.

Lav, I agree - MWO is definitely a work detractor here too! (as in, NOW!)

Hello to Sara in Florida. I too can look at the drinking people and the vast majority of the time these days, I'd just rather be me (sober). Have fun!

Hi Deter. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. When do you leave for home?

Good to see you Greenie!!!!

Hello to all yet to come today - especially TG! Hope you are onto Day 2 in fine shape.

I did a AA meeting and a business meeting and got my nails done this morning. Now some things in the office, then off to get hair down with my Mom. Then a business "after hours" function from 4 - 6. A full day!

One thing is for sure.....

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

AWWWWW - I think he's cutest too but I'm biased! Thanks DG for posting him for me!
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Welcome to Boo the Easter puppy!!!!!

Very cute Uni - enjoy him

We are missing so many Abbers today - where is everyone??
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Lavande;1102276 wrote: [COLOR=Plum][SIZE=5]We are missing so many Abbers today - where is everyone??
              We were up, posted on the other thread and gone before bear started this one! :H

Cutie pie puppy!!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Hey I'm here!! Just go in from agility class and still need to eat and then hit the hay early!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the encouragement about this job thing. Your positive vibes paid off and I have a call back on Monday for the first job!! So now I have TWO interviews next week plus a weekend full of agility way up in NH!! Anyone up Deerfield way next weekend come on by and watch DD and I run like the wind! OK, maybe not like the wind-more like a lazy puff of breeze on a hot humid day!! :H

Deter-you better be staying strong despite your nasty cold! You don't want one of DGs :b&d:!!

Uni-BOO IS SOOOOO CUTE!!! What a lucky dog he is and what a lucky mom you are!! You better learn how to post pics so we can get regular updates!!

Bear-well done! Enjoy your 2 weeks off and stay strong and focused!!

DG-thanks for posting Boo's pic. Hope you had a great time at the after business thingy.

OK-dinner is calling and then bed. Sweet dreams everyone!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Greenie-thanks for the words on the other thread-I was so confused a minute ago! Yes, the Queen has spoken and no REAL whoopie pies will touch these lips! Only the vitamuffin ones . And I have my BGP on. I promise!!
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Oh sorry,
                    I never saw the other thread this morning! I thought everyone was on Spring break or something :H

Had an unexpected visit from Lily & her Mom this afternoon, they stayed for dinner too Here's another reason to be grateful for kicking AL out of my life
                    I stopped by a consignment shop this afternoon & picked up a Baby Einstein infant seat for the newbies! It's a pretty cool model with all the bells, lights & whistles. It even vibrates if you want it to
                    The owner threw in a boy's & a girl's Penn State outfits too since she knew were are alumni.

Hope everone had a great day!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

Lavande;1102360 wrote: It's a pretty cool model with all the bells, lights & whistles. It even vibrates if you want it to
                      Hummm... do they come in greenie size? :H:H:H

I'm grateful to have kicked AL out of my life too because I have a clean house for my friend's visit and tomorrow's supper made and I'll be able to drive to the airport to pick her up.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

P3!!! I read about your interview and then forgot to comment I think!!! I agree with the Queen (of course!!) about the whoopie pies and all of that. (now if I could just stay out of 'em myself...) Anyway....I say let the universe unfold and see what's in store for you! I know I would be much better able to handle a difficult personality as a boss than I was when i was drinking. Also, there are never any guarantees. I have started jobs with AWESOME bosses only to have $hit happen, and end up with a different boss who is not so fabulous. So....go with the flow I say. And a flow of money is always a good flow.

Lav! A vibrating baby seat??? What is the world coming to! :H

Greenie....:H:H

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

I want that puppy! And a vibrating seat..............

That is all.:H
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

af daily wed 20 april

If I find one of those vibrating seats in an adult size you're all gonna have to fight me for it:H:H
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                            X