Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY ONE - REALLY!

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi Daisy! I can relate to that two bottle of wine a night habit. Mine actually grew into something worse than that with time. But even when it was two bottles a night, I look back and realize I was a slave to alcohol. God forbid anything come along to interfere with my drinking time! I am so happy to be alchol free now.

I can also relate to going AF for a bit, and then drinking (trying to moderate). That didn't work for me either. Abstinence just takes all the problems related to AL, thinking about AL, consequences of drinking AL, etc. off the table. I love it. I hope you do too!

Feel free to join us on the AF Daily thread. That is a great group of folks. Many who are newly AF, and many who have been at it for awhile. All with a common goal - AF today.

You can do it!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

What DG said. Seriously.

Trust me, she knows!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi Daisy,

Most of us here have had several attempts at moderating before we finally understood deep in our bones that being AF was the only way to go. I too was at 2 plus bottles per day. Drinking wine became the most important thing in my life. How sad is that?

Stick close to the AF Daily threads and check out the Tool Box in the Monthly Abs section. Lots of great advice.

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Daisy: My pattern was the same as yours. I would be abs for a while, & then suddenly I'd get the urge & would drink. I just couldn't maintain my sobriety. I too drank at least a bottle a night, sometimes w/vodka chasers. It really took its toll on me physically, emotionally, & spriitually.

I've now found a program that works for me (AA), but I know it's not for everyone. I haven't had a drink in over 2 years, & while my life isn't perfect, drinking is not one of my problems now. I don't take my sobriety for granted & work on it every single day. MWO has been a daily support, so I too would advise coming here & reading & sharing.

Good luck! Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi daisy welcome to mwo, dont post much myself but I do read the threads quite regularly.keep posting and reading, great people here.

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi daisy welcome to mwo,keep posting and reading and hope to see you around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Welcome Daisy!

I've been back and forth thinking I could moderate as well. I'm now on Day 21 AF and planning to stay that way. Alcohol and I just don't mix well so it's not going to be in my life anymore.

Good luck with your journey!

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi Daisy
                  Day 1 for me, too! And also a two-bottle-of-wine-a-nighter. YUCK! Best to us both as we go for AF. I also cannot moderate and now I don't even want to try. There is no "peace" with it, you know?

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

daisy45;1102687 wrote: :new:Hello everyone, I am here on Day One. Just not sure where I should be!! 6 months ago I done 3 months alcohol free and thought I could moderate........how wrong was I. Never went back to quite as bad as I was before but now know I want to be alcohol free! 2 bottles of wine most nights has affected everything in my life. I want a better one! Feel all the old temptations, excuses coming back. Would love to hear from anyone who would like to get in touch. Feeling very optimistic and reading good inspirational books. Always open for any advice. Thanks for reading..........:thanks:
                    I totally relate to the two bottles of wine a night - thats my poison of choice - I havent been able to go past 7 days AF without caving - on day two (again). Was thinking this morning though the thing I DO HAVE to keep me sane is running and this has literally saved my life. Find something to do other than drink, this helps alot.

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi to you all. Thank you so much for all your responses. I can't believe you all took the time. Means so much and just feels so good to have your support. I didn't post last time. I will take all your advice on board. I don't think I realised what a problem I had until I did my alcohol free stint. My drinking really started to get out of control about 8 years ago under the guise of 'everyone loves coming to my house!' I entertained guests for years and knew that they always enjoyed being here - good food always on the table so any barbecue, Christmas, Easter, childrens party, fortune telling night, celebration or sadness, Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday day and on and on and on..............any excuse! There was always someone here and a reason for me to say 'well, that's ok because.....' or 'everyone else does it'! The thing was, the company kept changing but one common denominator didn't - me topped up on wine lying asleep at the end of the night! Sorry, duty calls! Have to nip out and pick my daughter up. Can't believe I just wrote that...... Anyway, thanks again and look forward to getting to know you all! Yeeha!

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

We can all relate to what you are/were going through daisy, you are not alone in this battle.see you laters and have a good day.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

DogLover77;1103006 wrote: Hi Daisy
                          Day 1 for me, too! And also a two-bottle-of-wine-a-nighter. YUCK! Best to us both as we go for AF. I also cannot moderate and now I don't even want to try. There is no "peace" with it, you know?
                          Hey DG77. Just wondering how you're getting on this week. You started day one with me! Easter has definitely been a challenge. Hardest yet. Parties and drinking everywhere I went. Survived! So far, so good! Best of Luck!:l

Comment

DAY ONE - REALLY!

Hi Daisy,

Welcome! I was a bottle of wine/night person - luckily I hadn't made it to 2 bottles, but I knew it was a matter of time! Great to have you here. I'm now on day 27 AF and determined to change the way I live and my relationship with AL. (As in -- there will be no relationship in the future I hope!)

Have a fantastic AF evening and good luck with your journey!

Comment

Working...
                            X