Moving thru May - Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 1

Star-is this a rogue supervisor or company mentality? Do you have any sick days left? Make sure you have it on record with HR that your last day is tomorrow and then call out sick today and tomorrow!! Do they really believe that you give a flying feck if they see you as being professional or not?? Spare me!! The appointments will not be gone just because you finished up they way they want you to-the paperwork will not disappear-the only way that could ever happen is if the company shut down forever on your last day. Screw 'em Star! If you're in a union, file a grievance, if not, walk away today Renee!! You've got your new job, you don't need this killer aggravation. :l :l :l :l :l :l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Work has finally agreed to let me go on 13th may!!!
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Good morning everyone

Star - What an unprofessional bunch of *%*%, you are one lucky lady to be getting out of there. Anyway you could do what Papmom suggested? Serve them right if you did. Be proud of yourself though, you handled this perfectly.

Lav - I bring a book to these places too. Any chance of getting somebody else to do the grass? We have a guy who comes when hubby cant do it, he does not do as good a job and of course charges. We have an acre and hubby uses a ride on mower. I refuse to learn how to operate it as I know I could be left doing the job!!

Chill - Glad you are getting sorted, it will take time but the hardest part is over.

Rusty - Good luck with the studying, sorry you could not get exam date changed.

Dew - Are you going away anywhere?

Cassia - Glad you are having more luck with your employers. Good luck with the lease.

Everyone else big hello.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Good morning May friends,

Rustop, I'm on about 2.5 acres. There is a large diesell fueled tractor sitting in the garage which I also refuse to use. I don't know how to use it safely & grass cutting freaks out my allergies. Of course YB knew all this when we bought this property. I'm just not going to worry about it - screw it!

Star, honestly - is anyone going to immediately drop dead if you don't attend your last few appointments? Save yourself first lady

Hello Cassia & Chill the packing & unpacking ladies :H

I have to tell you - the place that kept me waiting so long yesterday was not a doctor's office but an independent lab that all the doctors like to use. I had forgotten to bring my Kindle along so I used my Smart phone to read my email & entertain myself during the wait. The room was packed full, standing room only. The rest of the people started talking to each other, the room got noisier & noisier. When they finally called my name the room grew silent for a split second then exploded into cheers & applause - it really was hysterical :H:H
          I have already decided to not use that lab in the future & will drive the 21 miles to the next nearest lab & hope for a shorter wait time. That company will be receiving an email complaint from me today.

The day is all mine so I'm going to make the most of it - hope you all do as well

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

It?s raining in this part of the world, I?m tucked up in bed and its pitter pattering on the velux window it actually sounds quite cosy and feels relaxing. Not so good for the hillwalking though, I?m off tomorrow morning for a week of meditation and hillwalking at a Buddhist Retreat with one of my best friends. I am so happy to be going and I am so looking forward to the week, I know it will fly by but I am going to do my very best to be mindful every minute and make it last as long as possible. I feel my meditation has moved on a lot this past 8 or 9 months although I have had periods due to work when I have struggled so I feel I am in a good place to get more out of this week, we?ll see.

I?ll miss checking in with you all and hearing your news and I expect it will take me forever to catch up especially with the way this thread zooms by. I will of course think of you all on the 10th as we have so much going on that day, I will use the early morning (6am) meditation to think of each and every one of you and send loving kindness across the globe, I?ve typed up a list so that I don?t forget anyone. You have all played a huge part in me remaining on my journey and I really do appreciate how connected we are in our cyber world. It?s a small world as they say.

It feels great having two weeks holiday stretching in front of me, I?m going to potter about the house the second week and have promised myself - no grandchildren, just me time. I?d better get some shut eye if I want to be up and at my best tomorrow, have a positive and fruitful week my Magical Movers.

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Hey all.

So today was my first really emotional day sod the big move. A lot of tears. Feeling a bit blah at the moment. No drinking thoughts, just a bit down. It will be like this for the next ten days I imagine.

Hope u are all doing good.

X
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Sorry you are feeling bah cassia. Take it easy.
                Dewdrop your week away sounds fab! Enjoy.
                Star hope your stress levels are ok again. What horrible people. Thank goodness you are moving on. Bullies always try to make everything someone else's problem. I hate bullies!
                Chill sounds like you are really settling in.
                Well done John on your race.
                Hi rust top, pap, lav and all.
                Night everyone

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Dewdrop, enjoy yourself - you deserve it & I want you to know that I am profoundly jealous:H

Cassia, of course it will be sad to leave friends & familiar places but you have so much to look forward to in your 'new life'. we'll be here for you:l

Hi Newgrange, hope all is good in your world!

I spent a nice unplanned evening with my daughter & Lily.
                  Lav is happy
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Good morning Movers

Star - I thought of you as soon as I woke up, its friday, your last day and then your free. Wishing you strength :l

Cass - I so feel for you & understand how your feeling. ODAT and remember emotions are what make us human, everything you are going through is making you a stronger person.

Dewdrop - the Buddhist retreat sounds wonderful, my Mum mentioned one to me on the Isle of Arran which is close to me, I will check it out for any weekend retreats this summer.

I spent another night unpacking stuff with no where to put it. My mantra yesterday was "I'm a spiritual being having a human experince, that's all that's happening here, I don't need to take it so personally". My to do list is endless, today I need to go to another town to a dealership about my car, there is only one key and I need to order a spare.
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Good morning all and it IS a good morning....

Today I will be free and I am so looking forward to it. I cancelled an appointment yesterday and spent the day wrapping up, and most of my regular duties. It went well, I got alot done, so I felt at peace. Then, about ten people took me out for lunch and we had a lovely time. I was told I will be missed, but they are happy for me. My supervisor avoided me and that was a good thing. I am sure today no one will tell me what they need from me, then when I don't do what I don't know I am supposed to do, I will be the bad guy. That is OK too. I just can't do enough there. My headache went away later in the day and I picked up some pizza on the way home. Talked to friends and watched a little American Idol. Loved the drama. So, I am getting through this and will just relax this weekend. I am so excited. I will have a new life as my schedule will change so radically, working afternoons and starting out only two days a week. Wow, I'll actually have time to myself, will be able to get things done around my house and maybe plant some flowers. Again all, thanks for the support.

Dewdrop, a week of retreat, that sounds so wonderful. Have a deep meaningful time. I find that retreats are so refreshing to your spirit, uplifting, that a good one stays with you for a long time.:h

Chill, I know what you mean about alot of stuff and no where to put it. I have been cleaning out my office all week and have a room full of stuff, plus a bunch of stuff in my trunk(of my car). I have the last of it today. I luckily have a basement and will be lugging stuff there. I really need to toss, but have to be in the right frame of mind. How is your doggie liking the new place? Any nice walks going on? How great is it to see your parents more often?

Lav, I got a kick out of your story of the overcrowded lab and people CHEERING when someone's name was finally called!!! :H What is going on with our health care system? My gosh, what horrible service and what a great bunch of people.

Cassia, I know what you mean about how hard it is to say goodbye to a pattern of life, a job, the people you work with. I had a call yesterday and started to cry, that's actually when my headache went away (and some ibuprophen). Even if we want to leave, change is hard and there is always comfort in familiar people, places and things. We have to remember to take time to feel whatever we are feeling. Allow ourselves this time. Our spirits and our bodies need it to heal.

Today I am again so greatful to be AF, appreciating all the wonderful things in my life, health, family, house, pets, and the lovely soft spring weather. Early spring is ending and now it is starting to get really green, I love this time of year. Being fully present, I am taking the time to appreciate and enjoy all the good things going on.

To all, have a great AF day.
                      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

TGIF Fellow Movers!

Star-thank God it's your last day!:bananacomputer::yougo::banana: I was pleased to see such a large group of people taking you out to lunch. You deserved it, and I bet your supervisor feels like a first class schmuck.

Chill-I don't envy your situation...sending you positive thought and hope the car buying goes well. I hate car shopping because I can't stand car salesmen.

Lav-I loved the waiting room story too. Do you know that happened to me about a month ago when I went for my follow-up appt. with my doc to get the bloodwork results? 50 minutes of waiting...no apology or anything. A total waste of time. Should have brought my books so I could have studied.

Papmom-I have a name for your new camper: "Agility in Motion."

Cassia-:l I know where you are coming from and good for you for being AF through it. When I was going to grief therapy the therapist told me the 10 most successful stresses in life: death, loss of a job, and moving was right up there. Hope you are better today. May 13 is the date, correct?

Rustop-how did your daughter do on the art exam?

A warm hello to Sooty, Dewdrop, Newgrange, Jolie, Paguy, Mr.G:h (I can't give you up) and anyone I may have missed...have a wonderful AF Friday!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Good morning everyone

So, so good to log on and see everyone getting along well. Star - you sound wonderful, you too Chill, even with all that is going on.

We have rain here at long last and it was badly needed. Have lots to do in the garden this week-end.

Rusty - the puppet is part of my daughters final exam. She did the prep at home, paints and assembles today in an exam environment and then it is taken away. We wont see it until after the exam results come out, end of August. I will take photos of them all then. We have Mozart, Churchill and Rita Skeeter!!!

Dew - I really envy you. I am afraid I have let my meditation slip (too much going on). Must take it up again when exams etc. are over. I look forward to going on a holiday like that when my teens move out.

Everyone else big hello and have a great AF week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Greeting's everyone,

So many journey's happening here, right now as we speak! Lot's of change going on, and it seems with a positive aspect all round. Safe travel's folk's, and strength, peace, and clarity to all, especially those who are struggling.

Rusty, don't forget today is POETS day!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Sooty, Rustop, Cassia, Dew, .....am I missing any of our European friends? In my studying for my exam, we are given scenarios and then a set of questions we have to answer afterward....and in one of the scenarios, it talks about a car and then bonnet and the boot instead of the hood and the trunk. I thought of you guys!:h

Yesterday, I just kicked studying to the curb....I was so saturated. I had lunch with a friend of mine I don't see very often. When I told her I wanted ice tea for lunch instead of wine, she said, "what's changed, Rusty?" And I told her that I wasn't drinking...needed to lose weight, etc. She seemed just ok with it and said, "well, good for you." She drinks moderately but she still lives with her ex-husband, a confirmed alcoholic who drinks a large bottle (think the kind with the handle on it) of Jim Beam almost every day. I don't know how that guy can run his business. I worry about her because I see them riding on his motorcycle and I just pray he's not under the influence.

I'm off to the gym.... and for crying out loud, I want the sun to come out!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 1

Good morning abbers!

Lot's going on here today. Star - wishing you a peaceful last day at your job. I would make a point to go up to your ignoramus of a supervisor at the end of the day, look him/her (sorry not sure what it is) in the eye and say . . . "SEE YA!" with a big smile on your face. Let him stew about that for a while.

Chill - my daughter is notorious for only having one key to her car at all times - CRAZY! I couldn't live with that constant stress and worry. Good luck with the spare.

Dew - I'm jelous! It's been a long time since I've taken a 2-week vacation to anywhere. Plus I don't think we are going to take an official "vacation" this year as my son is getting married and that will probably consume a good week off work for me (exciting!)

Cassia - you are allowed tears - they are good for the soul and I know your mood will pick up soon! Be good to yourself!

Rusty - bet it felt good to get that positive response from your friend. I think I'm really worried about what people will think if I turn down a drink but after reading a lot of posts here, it seems like others don't think half as much of it as we do in worrying about their reaction. P.S. I hate motorcyles - they scare me.

Rustop - the end of August seems like a long time to wait on the results of an exam! Talk about stress! Good luck and hope she does well.

Lav, Mr. G, Papmom, PAGuy, Newgrange (so glad you are here with us!), sooty, hope I didn't miss anyone - hope you all have a great AF Friday!

I'm leaving work a little early to go shop for a wedding shower gift. The shower is tomorrow and it's so nice to be able to look forward to going to an event like that and not getting ancy to leave cause I've got to have that first glass of wine for the day. Amazing how much AL used to control my life and I didn't even realize it.

Have a great day everyone!
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X