Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday May 4

Hello friends,

DG, I am sorry to hear about your dad's illness. Terry was adamant about her DNR. She didn't really like to talk about sad stuff, but she made sure they all knew her wishes about that. It always made me kinda sad to see that bracelet on her wrist. I hope you get a chance to get this taken care of.

I'm having a very difficult time getting motivated. I have a million things to do, and I don't feel like doing anything. I just feel like sleeping. I keep telling myself to just keep putting one foot forward at a time and keep plugging away. But it's just so hard. I have a long list of jobs and projects waiting for me to either start or finish. I hope this is temporary.

The weather was beautiful yesterday at the track meet, and my friend and I had a lovely day. It was cloudy and rainy today, but the rest of the week is supposed to be nice. Maybe a few more doses of sunshine will perk me up.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

DG,

Sorry to hear what a rough time your dad is having. I lost my Dad last July and although my Mom tried and tried to get him to talk about a living will, he would not. He was in a short term rehab when he passed away and they found him in the morning so it was too late to take any extreme measures - a blessing in disguise.

Totally agree - we should think of the loved ones we are leaving behind and take care of all of that stuff now.

:welcome: Kaslo - join write in - time of day doesn't matter much here - we will all catch up with one another at some point.

Lav - you crack me up but while you are funny, you are also wise in making your wishes known.

LVT25 - I can relate - can't seem to get motivated today to do anything other than think about taking a bath and going to bed! Sleep's been an issue for me the past couple of days.

Happy humpday to all who are still on May the 4th

Oh - by the way - today is May the 4th - May the 4th be with you!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

May the 4th has been with me all day Jolie

Nearly 30 years in the Healthcare biz taught me a lot Jolie!
        Don't leave your decisions in the hands of others. Don't be shy with your doctors, just tell them what you want & don't want! Make sure your Advance Directive is honored because I've seen too may of them ignored by well meaning medical people. Appoint an advocate to be sure your wishes are being followed (my kids have that job)

I guess you can tell I am passionate about the topic.:H

I can't believe how chilly it is - where the hell is Spring?
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Abbers!

Just checking in to say goodnight. Hope you all have a wonderful AF night!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I quite like this site, its very organized and international, and I love that. I was asked to say more about myself, so I can say I am an independant contracting ecotoxicologist, working on very badly damaged ecosystems. If its messed up bad, I am often brought in to assess the damage. I work on poisoned wildlife, injured plants, disturbed soils. Enough to drive anyone to drink, lol! I had a drinking problem in the 90's, and cut back in the 2000s and quit 2.5 months ago. Best thing I ever did. My drinking problem wasnt severe, I just indulged too much once every week or so, and it was starting to effect my health. I was never a morning drinker and seldom consumed more than 3 or 4 glasses of wine in one go, but it was enough to make me feel tired and not fit. It was hurting my gut, due to arthritis drugs, and my joints were not happy about it either. Then when my step mother nearly died of alcohol induced bleed following major surgery, at the same time I was looking at liver toxicosis in equines exposed to metals, I just said...that is the end for me. So while I read some of the stories on here, I see where I was going 10 years ago before I cut back to "moderate" and thought, moderate aint cuttin' it. Im outta here! One more day without alchohol in my life is one more day for my peace of mind and wellbeing. I so glad to have realized this at 56 years of age.
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo-that is a great story!! Many of us here have similar ones where all of a sudden it dawned on us that we were slip sliding down a very dangerous slope. I for one was very high functioning despite a bottle of vino a night but was calling out more and more due to NOT being able to function in the mornings. My voice was going, my face looked like I had had an allergic reaction to something (duh) and when I called out for a second day in a row I knew it was time. All my blood work was normal until AFTER I had been sober for about a month. Ironic. It's taken almost a year to get the numbers back to normal. instead of my gut hurting, I had very severe ERD but an endoscopy showed no damage thankfully. My ERD is just about gone unless I indulge in fatty foods. Unfortunately my BP is still high and I'm still carrying 40lb of excess weight due to a sugar addiction but I know that will be under control soon.

My aunt lives half the year on a mountain about 30 min outside Nelson BC in a little town called Balfore. Her son and DIL live down the road from her as transplanted Americans (I think they eventually became Canadian citizens-They were the stereotypical draft dodgers back in the 70s). I visited in 1998. It was a magical week. she lives the other half of the year in South Carolina where her daughter lives.

Congrats on your 2.5 months of being AF!! Stick with us and feel free to share your eco wisdom along with other stories!!

:l
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello fellow abbers.

Not much to contribute tonight as I am not in a good mood. My husband has come home pissed AGAIN (same as Tuesday night) and is being a real b%$tard so I am trying to avoid him. It really lowers the atmosphere in the house so everyone is in hiding. I know it might sound hypocritical of me to whinge about him being drunk considering I am a drunk. But at least i got happy and funny when drunk, not a sulking, obnoxious, sarcastic prick.

Doggy - sorry to hear about what you are going thru.

I am going to have a soak in the bath - see if that lifts my spirits.

Talk tomorrow.

PS Papmom I didnt get your friend request on FB. Must have been the wrong HC...
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

I'll keep trying Hipster!! Keep searching for me too! Can you PM me with your pic description again? I had to delete all my PMs as I was at my limit.
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                  X