saturday 7 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday 7 May

morning all - up with the sniffles but otherwise ok - think is slight hay fever but nothing too bad.

Off to bench manage my team today - hopefully we will win - everyone been playing well!
    Load of washing in - now off to eat a bit of breakfast and then fling myself off to the gym.
    Really fancy a bit of cycling and some weights.

Ate rather more of easter egg than i had planned last night so that will all help!
    Love af life - I have 5 weeks today and am very happy about it!
    one day at a time

saturday 7 May

Good morning Abbers!

CONGRATS bear on your 5 AF weeks
    Always remember this great feeling & keep it going

Waiting for things to dry out a bit before heading outside. Had a huge thunder storm last night but the sun is out now!

My daughter brought me the neatest planter last night for Mother's day! It has red & green lettuce surrounded by pansies! Very colorful & entirely edible :H Quite unique!!

OK, I hope everyone has a wonderful AF day planned!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

saturday 7 May

Hi fABbies!

Bear, thanks for getting us started today and also for your suggestions about the beef ..... thing. Thai seems like the absolute right direction for this. Thanks!!!! Have fun at the gym today.

Lav, your planter sounds gorgeous. I can't remember now if I mentioned it yesterday or not but over the winter, I picked up a container gardening book with all kinds of gorgeous planters with veg / flowers mixed together. I somehow don't think mine will turn out as pretty, but in my planters from yesterday are flowers + red cabbage, kale, hot pepper, and cherry tomato plants. We shall see! :H We got rain last night too and the jury is still out it seems about whether we will get any meaningful sun today. It's trying, but so far the clouds are winning.

I am grateful to be sober. That is all.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

saturday 7 May

Kitty kats! Zooming...

Congrats on five weeks Bear!
        Lav & DG, enjoy the gardening.
        DG - could you PM your email address so I can send you the pic of me & XNGF that I'm too much of a luddite to post? Ta!

Have a good day all!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

saturday 7 May

Good morning all! I look forward to checking this every day now. I am finished the two sites I had to collect data from, and I have made my way back through the Rocky Mountains to the interior plateau of BC where its trees and grasslands and lakes ...and about to start the drive down to the Okanagan grape growing region, where my older daughter and two grandchildren await. I really love to garden as well, and have a huge bunch of projects at home. Last night I was tired and fed up and tempted but I made it through, feeling great this morning. Love to all.

Kaslo
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

saturday 7 May

Can't wait for that piccy Marshy!

Kaslo - it sounds like you travel to some beautiful places!! Your post reminded me of a gardening story I forgot to tell yesterday. I was :egad: when I saw CREEPING CHARLIE for SALE in the garden store!!! WHAT???? :H:H The same people who buy swamp land must BUY creeping charlie. I wonder if they buy poison ivy and dandelions too. I should open a road side stand. I'll be rich on those 3 plants alone. That is all.

Is everyone watching the KY Derby?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

saturday 7 May

DG - I emailed you the pic. Hope you can post it here, I can't :nutso: (And thanks to Lav for offering to help me out too).

Kaslo - have a nice time with your family!

Night all! :bedtime::bedtime:
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

saturday 7 May

Had a tough few minutes a while ago. For the first time in a long time I had very strong drinking thoughts!! And here I am 1 day away from my year anni!! How dare my alkie brain act up like this! I'm OK now. Tried to get into Chat but its down. I decided to scare something up for dinner so I didn't tempt fate by going out shopping and then my stove started acting up so now the thoughts have passed and pasta is almost done. Whew!!

Marshy-can't wait to see the pics!! Get yourself a Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket account and upload your photo there. its wicked easy to post them from that site.

DG-how you doing today?
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

saturday 7 May

Hallllooooo!!!!

Back from fun FL trip! We took our mountain bikes and biked around some nature preserve types of places. Did exercise-type beach walking every AM & laps in the pool, too. It was a good, active vacation. Even read 1/3 of "Eat, Love, Pray". So far, so good. Didn't get the job I interviewed for. C'est la vie. Hugs all around. Go bear on 5 weeks!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                  X