Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Sunday, May 8th

Awww... you guys are so kind.:l:thanks:

Kaslow, I don't think I'm anywhere near you, but by God I'D LIKE TO BE!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful picture--wow, just wow.

The neighbor from yesterday was here when I got home from church, no drinking today, just picking up my son to go bowling for his son's birthday. I didn't tell him that I ran into his wife at the grocery store and she was none too happy with him.:H I'm pretty sure he already knows that!:H

Lav--I hope you enjoy your day and that yb falls in the lake.

Good to see you again Greenie.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

yes I did!! Lav! I fecking love it!! :H

DG-I forgot to say congrats to Mr. DG for his wonderful accomplishment at today's trial! 83 out of 100? Awesome! That's a Q in my book!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

WHEE!!! Mr. Doggy passed protection too (squeaked in with an 80 which is the minumum to pass that phase). I am so proud of him and his dog. Ferguson (in my avatar) is now officially a working dog! And I will also be glad when he gets home. Can't believe how much I missed him. :h

P3, just take it all one day at a time re: the camper and life, OK? Even if we think we have planned for every possible thing that could happen, it can all be blown to bits in an instant with one tragic event. So....I say you have done due diligence, just deal with whatever problems as they come, do your best, AND ENJOY YOUR CAMPER!!!!!! And I think you will have even better luck with it if you paint it pink right away.

Greenie, my garden isn't even tilled yet! :egad: That is high up on the honey do list right now. (I too need a YB!) Time to plant some veggies!

Yeah Lav. Feckin'?????? Sorry YB is being an ass. He clearly has no taste at all. He apparently did at one time, but lost it. :b&d:

LVT, I shudder to think what must have been said about me in the grocery store in the old days.... :H

Well, I'm sure I'm out of smilies so I better go. Dad was moved out of ICU late yesterday. He is grumpin' up a storm so I know he's feeling better. I have a whole new level of respect for people in the medical field who work directly with the patients.

One thing is for sure....

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey guys, haven't been around for a while, so its 2 weeks today which is... wow. Can't believe I'm here, I'm sober. I won't deny it though, psychologically the last week has gotten -hard-. I have been all over the place, every couple of days my mood hits a low, then just jumps back up. Every night around 11 I feel so low it's almost unreal, then i wake up either feeling low or perfectly happy with the world. I'm hoping its just AF but the worst part is that comign from a family with a history of bipolar disorder, any mood swing like that scares the life out of, makes me feel stressed out, and makes the whole thing worse.
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Doggygirl;1111410 wrote:
            My dear Marshy, that last paragraph was the price to be paid for posting that piccy for you.

I'm blushing :H:H

papmom3;1111425 wrote:
            I LOVE the sign above you! I bet Deter is drooling right now :H!!
            The pic was taken by my friend on the train from Grand Central to Connecticut. Didn't notice the sign until it was too late! BTW, I'm the one on the left, XNGF is the natural (ahem) blonde.
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Gorgeous garden Kaslo!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Yea Mr. Doggie and Fergie-whoops I mean Ferguson!! That is quite the accomplishment! I'll have to check into this sport a bit. Funny, I can see the BC with the tracking and focus but the protection part? Not so much. That would be something to see that's for sure! Glad Dad is out of ICU and feeling a bit better. Its so hard and I'm NOT looking forward to it at all! Thanks for the wise words DG. One thing and one day at a time. That is the secret for sure. Yes, I do think a very near future paint job is called for :H! At the very least I need to change out those cushion covers and curtains-Pink Chintz is called for I think. A pink microwave wouldn't hurt either!!

House is mostly clean and neatened up so I'm feeling much much better. Short trip to the grocery store done too. I've got to get my rear in gear and get all he donation stuff down to the donation place SOON! It's really cramping my style and adding to my anxiety everytime I walk into the DR. One of my plans is to pack up my mom's and grandmom's china and use the china closet as my sewing storage area. I never entertain anymore or have my family over because of the dogs so there is no sense for all that unused stuff to be taking up valuable space (Maybe if I ever buy a different house I'll have a better setup and will have the space to put the dogs away and can entertain again). I'm very excited about this project and can't wait to get started. It's something I can do a bit at a time at night unlike most projects where you need a large block of time. Just one more reason why being AF rocks!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mom's Day!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Beautiful pic Marshy!

Hi Greenie. :h

DG, Ferguson is a beauwwwwdy! Congratulation's to him and Mr. DG.

P3, my veggie concoction is easy. Just throw 'em all in a pot and boil them up for a bit. Mine turned into a soup thing. Difficult to identify, sure, but tasty.

Hi Kaslo!

Well, i'm sure everyone's sleeping, or about to, so sweet dream's all. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yep - I'm glad the fecker stayed away from the Mother's Day celebration :H:H
                    He's no longer fit to be around decent people as far as I'm concerned......

Here's a pic of a really cool gift my DIL made for me
                    Wooden blocks (with magnets on the back) with pics of all the kids! They can be arranged on a table or even put on the fridge - very cool

Hope everyone is having a good evening!
                    I am
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Very cool Lav!! You have one creative DIL there!! Glad you had a nice time today!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

DG, excellent news about mr. doggy and his dog!!

Love the pressie, Lav! How thoughtful and creative!

Inchy, hang in there! Maybe it would be helpful for you to google grounding meditation and see if you can find a guided meditation that rings your bell. I need to do that regularly or I tend to get "out there". CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Inchy-I'm so sorry-I missed your post somehow! Hang in there. I think the first 2 months can be the hardest-they were for me. I was terribly depressed, not sleeping at all and had gotten some very bad health news. I was taking the supps but I think they take a few weeks to kick in. Lav also turned me on to Amoryl which is a natural antidepressant. I took it only for a month or so and I really think it made a world of difference. I find now that things that used to upset me or make me blue no longer do and that overall my outlook is much more positive. Before being AF I was a pretty cynical (well maybe still am-not sure I believe bin laden is really dead!) and negative person. Just believe in your goal, choose not to pour the poison down your throat and post here often!! :l

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                          X