Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Hi Fabbies!!

Lav, what a fabulous gift!!! So is YB now FYB? :l I know this sucks for you..... I wish I could assign him poop cleanup duty in my yard as punishment.

Inchy, :yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 WEEKS AF!!!:yougo: That is just awesome. As the others have encouraged, I hope you stick with it and hang in there through the ups and downs that are so common in early sobriety. If after a bit of time you think something deeper is wrong and you seek medical advice, there is HOPE of treatment if you are AF. I heard a psychiatrist speak last summer who said that treatment for depression and other disorders is virtually impossible while someone is drinking (even normal drinking if it's fairly regular). AL either negates meds or disrupts meds or amplifies meds. So whether something is wrong or nothing is wrong, either way it is all so much better SOBER!

Yesterdays thread was so fun and good.

I'm off to Monday leads group soon. Then volunteering at the mission at lunch time. Couch to 5K is getting more serious this week - Week 4. Two 3-minute runs and two 5-minute runs. :egad: We'll see if this running thing lasts much longer. Did I mention I have switched again from Curves back to the big gym? No problems - just feeling like I need some change. I went to a step aerobics class yesterday - something I've never done before. LOL good thing that's not on video. I'm not ready for "So You Think You Can Dance" that's for sure!! I am pretty happy with the fitness improvements over the last few years. I was sweating like a pig at the end of the class, but was not winded at all. THAT is a MIRACLE!

One thing is for sure...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Morning abbers!

I will have to go back and catch up on the weekend threads - had a busy but great weekend.

Things worked out with hubby and we had a wonderful romantic night at niagara falls Friday. Then Saturday we went to open the trailer/cottage. Then a relaxing movie night with some yard work. Then Sunday, a little more yard work and some purchases for the summer. Then a nice dinner with family for mothers day. The weather was beautiful all weekend and it was great!

Today, I am exhausted. I have nothing planned and I intend to vegitate pretty much all day. I will put away some laundry and make some phone calls that I have to make and tidy the kitchen but other than that nothing! Except I will throw a long walk in there somewhere. I normally weigh 120 and I am up to 145 - the highest I have ever been! I have to lose some of this extra weight. I know with my meds it won't all come off but if I can even get back to 130 I would be satisfied with that.

Anyway, that's it over here in Ontario. Boo is being a bratty puppy (which is normal!) We have another vet appointment this week for his 3rd set of shots - then we can take him outside which will be nice.

I hope everyone has a fabby AF day. One thing is for sure over here.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Help please

I am trying to join this conversation. I posted earlier today, but I'm not sure where it went withi the site. This is my second try today. Hope someone gets it.

I drank two bottles of wine last night, and this binge thing I do has got to stop. I have a wonderful family and a wonderful life, so I have no idea why I do this. It's a long standing problem (20 years), and I am so sick of myself.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Hi Crocus. I'm glad you found us!! I can relate to drinking two bottles of wine, and to drinking and drinking and drinking for many years. (about 30 years for me) Most of all, I can relate to your intense desire to stop the madness. I remember how that feels.

Take your time just poking around the site. I know you will figure it all out if your just take your time exploring. You have come to a really good place for support.

Uni, I'm glad your weekend turned out fabulous! I know you were concerned about that late last week. I'm happy you sound so good! Boo sounds wonderfully bratty.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Hi crocus!! Welcome!

Hello fabbies! I have today OFF! Off with No laundry, or housework to do either! A real day off. I am just fizzled! I have a Dr.'s Appt at 11am and am going to inquire about a B12 shot. Feeling fatigued. Not sure if the change in diet a month ago is the culprit or not. The way I am eating I should have the energy of a horse. Anyway....

Also, I was wondering if anyone else takes a protein shake in the morning. I have being taking a soy protein drink by Whole Nectar for the last month in the morning. I mix it with milk - but it makes me feel really nauseous for about 15 minutes afterward. Any of you have this experience with protein drinks??

I hope all of you are well, and have a great day!

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Hello FAB ABbers and esp Crocus, welcome!! I too can relate to the madness of drinking two bottles of wine in one evening for no real reason, and wondering why I do it, for years. No more booze for me, YAY! You have found an absolute godsend on the internet, so i hope you stick it out. I happen to enjoy this particular daily thread a lot, but there are others too that are amazing. On another site it was pointed out that just posting and seeing peoples response is extremely effective in helping you shirk the demon.

I am in the Canadian Rockies and about to go to a stinky old meeting with a bunch of moaners. Sound fun? NOT. I also have to duke it out with clients the next morning and it will be especially important to have no wine of any kine at the dinner tonight. Wish me luck.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Hello to all of you! Thank you so much. Can anyone give me a way to combat my rocks-in-my-stomach fear that I will never really be able to control this? I'm such a super organized person, high energy (unless hung over), and sort of an over achiever. I have had counseling on this issue, but I lie about my alcohol consumption. Nuts, huh? Pay for help and then lie!? I teach college English, love my job and my students, have a great family, and don't know why I binge. It's disgusting. I'm such a total hypocrite.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

AFM, is it possibly the soy??? Legumes are a common "problem food" and soy is a legume. Have you tried something like Whey protein? Just a different source might make a difference?

Kaslo, your business day does not sound fun. Sounds like the meeting participants might want some cheese to go with their whine. You can do this sans AL. Just imagine all the pretty new flowers you can get for your garden with all the $$ you will be making!

crocus, you are SO not alone with everything you are feeling. Many of us are "high achievers." I was definitely a "high functioning alcoholic" right up until the point where I couldn't quite fully function like that any more. I bet if you took a poll, very few of us were honest with our health care providers about how much we drank before we sought recovery. I know I was never truthful about it.

Towards the end, I was afraid of what would happen if I kept drinking, and I was afraid I couldn't stop. Fear is also a common theme. Here is the good news. If so many of us here became 2 bottle of wine a night drinkers, and were high achievers with AL as a problem, and we were afraid we couldn't stop, but we did, then you can do it too. (I think that is a run on sentence!!! :H) If they can, and I can, you can too. That's better I think.

I like to view this thing in one day increments. I try not to worry about tomorrow, or forever. Just today. I'm not going to drink today. Who is going to try to do this with me, just for today?

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Fabbies!!

Gawd where did the day go? :egad:

My car insurance went up $100 from this time last year with no claims and no tickets. WTF? I haven't talked to the agent yet, but I found comparable ins for HALF of what my current company wants.

Kaslow how horrid to be in a setting like that and have to be inside in a meeting. The agony!! Drink decaf tonight!

crocus hello & welcome! You can stop beating yourself up now . It IS crazy! I look back and still can't believe how much I drank. About that fear.....Just control this for today. Just today. Quit worrying about what you did before and quit worrying about too far ahead. All you have to do is not drink today. You can do that. BTW, a lot of us here are super organized, high energy, over-achievers. AND we lied. Doesn't matter. Just don't drink today. :goodjob:

AFM, I take whey protein powder in water and dont' feel ill. Is it the milk I wonder?

FYB,,,, :H There's always FH you know. If the shoe fits. just sayin.....
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

hallo DG! I love it when similar advice falls back to back in a x-post like that.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

greeneyes;1111963 wrote: hallo DG! I love it when similar advice falls back to back in a x-post like that.
                      Does this mean we have "great minds?" Wow I hope so. How cool would that be? I have my doubts but maybe just maybe.......

:H

Greenie, several years ago we switched to an independent agent from a State Farm agent. Mr. Doggy had been with this one state farm guy for years and years and the result was we were paying WAAAY too much. With an independent agent, we can stick with one person we know, but she shops our stuff every couple of years to make sure we are in line with the market.

Off to do a little Couch to 5K. Today is going to be HAAAARD. This might be the day I decide my knees just can't take running. :H

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Greetings Abbers!

Welcome Crocus ~ I am another hypocrite & former wine drinker! I spent 27 years working in healthcare, you'd think I would have known better. I stopped the madness 2+ years ago, I just had to quit! I was scared to death but grateful to have found MWO to help me figure it out. Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right here from the Health store. It's a good place to start

DG, I don't know what to say about YB. He is a mass of confusion, honestly!

Uni, glad you had a nice weekend! I was just thinking I never did get to see Niagra Falls with YB - oh well!

AFM, I'm not able to tolerate much soy - bothers my digestive system too

Kaslo, such a beautiful pic - looks like heaven to me!

I'm watching my grandson EB today, he's napping right now. I just wanted to share a pic I took this morning. I stopped for gas after I picked him up & was suprised to see what pulled in in front of me at the pumps........

YEP, Lav lives in a one horse town :H:H

Have a good afternoon everyone!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Lavande, wonderful photograph... Hutterite woman perhaps?

Hey Crocus, as above.... Driven professional biologist and ecotoxicologist here, supposedly very well respected, lied like a dog. Hid my habit, yada yada.

That fear thing, HANG ON! Sure, you can do it!! Mind you, it's not a picnic, I think we have to find out what the triggers that make us drink work and get on that, and also find some ways to replace alcohol with other things to drink, the suggestions are endless there, and get addicted to waking up well, feeling well all day, the natural joy of life is amazing. I found it hard to figure out how to break it to people that I dont drink, and then didnt know how to lie about THAT. (The dog ate my homework. Thing is nobody cared except me.) Sift through the information on this site, like you are researching a paper on the topic. The tips and help here is enormous.
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

Lav, that is a FABULOUS picture! With the price of gas these days, I'm ready to go with a horse and buggy! That is so funny at the gas pump. :H

Kaslo, you raise such an interesting point about how much we WORRRRRYYYYYY about what other people will think of us not drinking. A lot of angst goes into that for sure. And come to find out, we are not really the center of everyone else's universe! What a shock! :H It's so amazing that we all go through exactly the same stuff. And yet felt so alone with it all.

OK. Question for M3 about this running business. Is there really such a thing as runners high? Where is it? Are we almost there yet? anting smilie: Well, I ran for a total of 16 minutes today. 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes. I almost quit on that last 5 minutes but didn't. But then amazingly...I felt like starting to run again after some walking. Go figure.

Marshy - I think of you as I run - I'm listening to the NHS version of Couch to 5K with a proper Brittish woman talking to me.

crocus - I second Lav's suggestion about the my way out book downloadable from the heath store. (center of the menu bar at the very top of the screen) When I first came here, I read the book. Then I ordered the "starter kit" of supplements and hypnosis CD's. I did those and also followed the diet and exercise suggestions in the book. It was still hard for me, but those tools really made it easier then totally white knuckling it.

OK - I gotta get some work done now. Later gaters. One thing is for sure. I will not be drinking any AL today.
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday May 9

hey all - whizzing in - late evening at spa - swam for 20 mins too and just seen HIDEOUS pic of me from weekend - I need to lose weight - am on it!
                              funnily enough was thinking about what i was like when i was 18 what would be different if i didn't drink - difference now with diets is i want to give myself good food and look after me - not punish myself - I will lose 3 stone by end december
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X