Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday May 11

Top of the morning fABbies!

:b&d: Uni. :l You can do this. Do not give up. I posted more on your other thread.

I'm thinking today maybe we should all have a morning affirmation. Join me if you wish. This is what I'm going to say out loud while looking at myself in my bathroom mirror:

"I love myself. I am a good person. I deserve a wonderful day and therefore, today I will be alcohol free."

I'm going to the bathroom right now to do that. Feels silly, and I'm glad it's not on video, but affirmations like this - out loud and in the mirror - really help me.

Just for today I'm not going to drink any AL.

Kaslo, so sorry to hear about the food poisoning! :egad: Good way to look at it as far as suffering through a tough time, but seeing the benefit of working on the beautiful beaches! Can't wait to see the pics.

Deter, how are you feeling?

I used to be SUCH a notorious breakfast skipper. I NEVER ate breakfast unless it was at 2 or 3 in the morning after a long night out. That's one good habit I have developed WRT food - I always eat breakfast!! Today I'm grumpy and hungry as I have to have some blood work done (just for annual exam) and must be fasted. It's almost time to leave for the blood work place - I hope to be first in line today!

It's going to be another hot one but hopefully low 80's rather than high 80s. More flower planting and a Couch 2 5K run is in the cards for today. I'm skipping out on a board meeting this morning. (bad girl!)

One thing is for sure, there will be no AL for me today.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Good morning DG & All Abbers!

Wishing a Happy Humpday to one & all

POSITIVE THINKING is what helped get me get to the place I am today! We absolutely do deserve to be happy, healthy & AF! Uni, I hope you can finallyt grasp that concept & put it into practice!!

EB is on his way over so I must run for now.
    Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I've got to run - heading to the river to squeeze in a walk before a busy day. But I wanted to say that on a telecast this week Cheryl Richardson emphasized that very thing, DG. To look you self deeply in the eyes in the mirror and say "I love you. I REALLY REALLY love you." Remember that 5 positive traits a day (in the mirror) for a week thing we did? Might need to revisit that.

One thing's for sure!!!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thanks all for the ass kicking that I asked for. I love you guys.

I am meeting a sober friend (a year and a half of sobriety) for a coffee at noon. I am looking forward to it.

aaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

Okay, that was needed.
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

:l Uni! Having coffee with a sober friend, who understands alcoholism will do you so good!!

Mornin'!

I had a 'new' friend and her children come over to my house for a play date after school yesterday. Talk about putting myself out of my comfort zone again... I have been trying to do that more so these days. I had spent so many years avoiding 'friendships' and stuff because drinking brought on so much isolation. Very lonely life. We had fun, the kids had fun, and we went for a nice long walk along the river. I was very tired after that. But, I am glad that I had done it; the inviting people over to my house for a change.

So bizarre having a friend who knows nothing of my demons and doesn't think I am a drunk, and that I am just another person, a mom, and a friend back. Love it!!

Anyway, looks like the rain is amongst us again.

Have a great day, everyone!!

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Nothing to say really other than hello.

AFM. It's good to see you here again. I've missed you and your posts.

I love the affirmations.

Also, here's one of my favorite quotes from Marianne Williamson. I iknow this has been posted before but it seems appropriate to do it again.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

DG....A few more days til your 3 year anniversary. Woo Hoo.
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Oh, by the way, I just wanted to say I love you guys. Thank you so much for all of your support, caring and love. I couldn't do it without you.
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

Get Inspired!

This is from Dr. Wayne Dyer's website and the affirmation for today:

by DR. WAYNE W. DYER

There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth. This is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us.
                Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | YESTERDAY
                Acknowledge Your Creativity and Genius

The qualities of creativity and genius are within you, awaiting your decision to match up with the power of intention. Genius is a characteristic of the creative force that allows all of material creation to come into form. It is an expression of the divine.

And from Louisehay.com:

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | Yesterday
                Today I focus my attention on loving myself and trusting the Universe.

I hope these affirmations will help Uni see the light that is her that all of us see and I hope they help whoever else is struggling today.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Uni, I think it's great that you are getting out of the house and going to meet a sober friend. Have you gotten the AL out of your house yet? Just wanting to confirm that.

I LOVE all the affirmations. I really think "self talk" is so important. I am a beautiful woman in recovery. I am a child of God. God's CRAZY about me!!!!! I am a woman who will do the next right thing. Can you believe I just rattled that off so easily? Those are the 4 affirmations my AA sponsor had me say in the mirror several times a day. Now I just do it out of habit. P3, I love the Louise Hay one!!!!!!!

Lav, have fun with EB!

Queenie, have fun by the river!! :crowned:
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Unidentified drunken wounds. there is blood on my porch and on my feet but I can't find any major cuts on me. WTF? I have scratches and bruises from my escapades last night but I can't figure out where the blood came from. I guess from the scratches. Fuck, this has to end.

Comment

Uni, please just clean up your scratches and move on. Please don't dwell on "oh shit what happneed yesterday???" The only value in that is identifying things you can do differently in the future.

What will you do differently next time you get the urge to drink? That is the important thing, I think. The more space you can put between you and the first drink, the better. Is the AL out of the house? What is your Urge Plan?

Love you girl, :h:l:h

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;1112992 wrote: -I can't believe I just now figured out that is a MWO smilie, right here for our collective use!! Not one of those special Marshy smilies or anything!
                        Don't know what you mean!

Zooming!

Papmom- I love your camper pic! Fantastic colour scheme.

Uni - I've woken up to an unidentified blood trail too. It's no way to live, is it?

Hello to all!
                        sigpic
                        AF since December 22nd 2008
                        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

My friend is coming here to stay with me. Thank god.

Comment

Uni, why don't you sort of dress up and be a hostess for your friend. Like DG said don't wallow around in yesterday. No need to relive it with her or self-depricate. Having a "guest" and playing the roll of hostess will help shift your energy away from yesterday.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

There are 2 more beers in the house, I am drinking the first one and will drink the second one and then I am done. My friend will kick my ass. I am so glad I have a sober friend to help me.

Comment

Working...
                              X