Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

Good Morning Fabbies!!

I am a beautiful being full of love and light. I am worthy and deserving of love and joy. Today will be filled with joyful experiences gifted to me from a loving universe.

Now I'm going to go swim.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

'My body has an infinite capacity to heal and transform'
    (That's this month's mantra on my Chopra calendar).

Good morning Abbers!

Enjoy your swim Greenie!

I'm going to play outside as much as possible today & tomorrow before the rain & cooler weather moves back in on Saturday!

So that's my plan
    Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

Mornin'!!

Life is good! That is all for now!

Have a great day all!! xo

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

I'm dodging the water aerobics class I'll go in a bit. I wanted to shout out to sara

:happy:CONGRATULATIONS ON 100 DAYS SARA!!!:happy:
        sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

Hi Abbers one and all. Is it thursday already??! Was my bd yesterday, an AF day and no hangover this morning post birthday. First time in ages. I have a day of writing up the trip I was just on. And hopefully slipping into my garden to plant the potted Dahlias that have been sitting outside braving the cold rain....

I cant believe how inspirational you are all. So how does one obtain an afirmatory mantra? I DO feel about 100% better than I used to. I am sure my liver is thanking its lucky stars I smartened up at last. 57 years old today.

Everyone have a wonderful spring day, please!

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

CONGRATS ON 100 AF DAYS SARA!!!!
            Very happy for you & so glad you are part of the Fab Abbers group

Kaslo, go to Chopra.com
            You'll find all sorts of wonderful mantras & mediations
            :bday7: Happy Birthday!!
            I'm 57 too although around here we're all eternally 29
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

Continuing with self affirmations....

I am a bad ass, sexy mama!
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

:bday2:
                Kaslo;1113598 wrote: Hi Abbers one and all. Is it thursday already??! Was my bd yesterday, an AF day and no hangover this morning post birthday. First time in ages. I have a day of writing up the trip I was just on. And hopefully slipping into my garden to plant the potted Dahlias that have been sitting outside braving the cold rain....

I cant believe how inspirational you are all. So how does one obtain an afirmatory mantra? I DO feel about 100% better than I used to. I am sure my liver is thanking its lucky stars I smartened up at last. 57 years old today.

Everyone have a wonderful spring day, please!

:day5:Happy Birthday Kaslo
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS SARA ON 101 DAYS AF!!!:yougo:

:bday3:HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY KASLO!!!:rockband:

MY POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!!

And one possibility is that I'm going to steal M3's Hot Momma affirmation. That is all.

I'm so very glad we have so much trust and honesty on this AF Daily thread. I'm glad we are able to talk not only about the positives of our sober lives, but about the darkness of our drinking lives. I know I cannot possibly fully appreciate the "light" of my life today without contrasting it with the darkness. AFM, Lucky, Nelz and any others who woke up in emergency rooms - I am so glad you are here with us today to tell about it. My own darkness was a secret. I saved up a big enough stash of prescription painkillers to comit suicide. I'm so glad I found recovery instead.

P3 - the BARBIE CAMPER!!! That's great. I'm so glad it's working out well! Can't wait to hear about the job situatio to! Things are looking up it seems!

Lav, I've already been out planting flowers on the porch! And buying some tomatoes, etc. for the garden! I can't believe it's going to be 80's again today, but back to 50's this weekend. CRAZY weather! I hope you have fun outside today.

Greenie! Get thee to the pool!!

Well, I have enough flowers for 5 houses. I really have to work on this thing where I do everything to excess. :egad: Mean time, I gotta get planting.

UNIVERSAL WHERE ARE YOU???? This is supposed to be Day 1, remember? All of us having an AF day together? Get up and make yourself some :cupajoe:

One thing is for sure. No AL for me today.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

Does anyone know if that is the photo of P3's actual camper in her signature? I LOVE it.

Congrats on 100 Days Sara!! You are doing so well.

AFM. I so appreciate you sharing your story.

DG, Yes, Yes. You can be a Bad Ass Sexy Mama too. I love that you are planting flowers on your porch. I am sitting as mine as I post this message. One of the many benefits of working at home!!

Signing Off,
                    M3 aka BASM
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

I wanna be a big.. oops, I mean bad ass sexy mama too!!

I did go swim, yay me! And did some weights, double yay me!

:bday3::day5: HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY KASLO!!! :day5::bday3:
                      What does the character on the pottery mean?

I'm loving the pink camper too - if it's not what she's got, I bet she can make it that way!!

Uni, check in girlie!
                      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

greeneyes;1113756 wrote: I wanna be a big.. oops, I mean bad ass sexy mama too!!

I did go swim, yay me! And did some weights, double yay me!

:bday3::day5: HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY KASLO!!! :day5::bday3:
                        What does the character on the pottery mean?

I'm loving the pink camper too - if it's not what she's got, I bet she can make it that way!!

Uni, check in girlie!
                        Since you are Queen Greenie,

You can be Bad Ass Sexy Queen
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

hey all - can I be big ass sexy derbygirl??

I am just back from friend's house for healthy dinner - and I made the gym before i went - very pleased with myself!I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep at 9pm - must have needed it though as I felt much better today.

Bizarrely I am having drinking thoughts, despite reading of AFM's experience and Uni's struggle last night - Uni I hope you have found your way back. It's such a risk each time we drink.I'm so not out of the woods yet - the idea of non stop vigilance is exhausting.Someone made a good point today about weight loss - don't focus on end goal - can seem too far away (same for me with picturing myself being af forever).Instead do what you need to do each day(not pick up one drink) and enjoy the process(healthy food exercise - and in case of being af - a much much better life)

I've seen a couple of friends who were talking about going for cocktails at weekend - was meant to be going with them - not now - and thinking I guess I am thinking I would have been doing that a few months ago. I also was thinking about festivals and drinking and drinking wine listening to music- all idealistic bullshit and not how it really is.I know they're thoughts,I have them,and i will continue to have them and cravings - it's just not been for a while - I don't need to wrestle with them/engage with them - they can just drift on.
                          I really feel like staying in on sat night - don't trust self to go out and not drink this weekend at the moment.My life is so much better AF.

My mantra - let it go
                          one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

bear73;1113873 wrote: I know they're thoughts,I have them,and i will continue to have them and cravings - it's just not been for a while - I don't need to wrestle with them/engage with them - they can just drift on.
                            I really feel like staying in on sat night - don't trust self to go out and not drink this weekend at the moment.My life is so much better AF.

My mantra - let it go
                            I LOVE THIS POST, BEAR!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 5/12

so figure you guys are the ones to ask, how do I know what parts of feeling crap are from beign AF and what parts are just me. Because I'm 18 days in and just dying right now...
                              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                              X