Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday, 13th May.

Greeting Fab Abber's near and far!

Friday the 13th. It's been a lucky one here so far.

Wishing everybody a safe, sober, magical, and musical day!

Take care Fabberooter's, and go hard or go home.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Wow weeeee! G's avatar is worth getting out of bed for! :blinkylove:
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Or into bed, depending on how you look at it!! I'm all atwitter here at 6:48 am and here I thought I lost my mojo YEARS ago!! Maybe we can bottle Mr. G and sell him as a tonic for all us 29 year olds!!:H
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good Morning All,

Maybe we can pack up in P3's magical camper and fly on over to see Mr. G. sing.

Here's what I'm doing tomorrow with my fitness group.

Rugged Maniac 5K Richmond 2011 - Rugged Maniac

I'll be getting down and dirty and will enjoy the slide especially. Leaving tomorrow at 6:00 am. One thing is for sure....I could never have done this when I was drinking.

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Jaysus! (as oney would say) M3 that looks like a blast!!! What sort of shoes are you gonna wear? (It would kill me to wear expensive running shoes in the mud :H) I did a similar special forces race ~ let's see I'm 29 now so I must have been in first grade ~ and still keep my trophy out as that "YES YOU CAN DO IT!" motivator. Perhaps I should put it where my knees can see it. :H I can't wait to hear all about this big adventure!! Is the fam going with? What fitness group? Inquiring minds.........
          sigpic

Comment

Also.... LVT, how are you holding up? :l
            sigpic

Comment

Evening G, Morning Greenie, Mom3, Papmon.

Another beautiful sunny day here. Another day of looking at the sunshine out of the windows at work :H

Mom3, that looks TOUGH! Running seems to be all the rage at the moment - my GF joined a running group at work and she and a few colleagues run in a park after work one evening a week and she's loving it (having never run before) and one of her friends has joined an army fitness group and says it's keeping her sane through her divorce. (The friend said she'd started drinking a bit too much wine in the evenings because she was miserable - she's a "normal" drinker as far as I know - and realised she didn't want to sit and drink by herself so started working out instead).

Have a good day all!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

fABbies!!! Happy Friday! It is NOT hump day ladies, so stop all the :h and ___________ wishes over G-Man's avatar.

P3, I KNOW you will be pappin' in pink very soon. Keep doing the next right thing and the universe will take care of the rest.

Inchy, did you say you were seeing someone about depression? Staying sober is the only way for any treatment to work if this is indeed a clinical issue. Mean time, I had the same experience as the others in early sobriety - lots of emotional ups and downs. The very best tools I have for my emotional downs (even today) are exercise and action. If I sit and delve around too much in my own head, I can get on a negative spiral that just feeds on itself. I have to get moving and change the scenery.

G-man, I like your new avatar too.

M3, that course looks WAY awesome! I'll echo Greenie and ask how you found and hooked up with your fitness group. I would LOVE that. Where would I start to look for such a thing? I too want to know about the shoes!!

So Greenie. Now that you are out of bed, what are you up to today?? (besides drooling over G's avatar! :H)

I AM A SEXY BAD ASS MARY KAY LADY WITH ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES IN MY LIFE TODAY!!

That is all. One thing is for sure...

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

X-post - Hi Marshy! XNGF's running group sounds fun. Good for the normie wine drinker realizing sitting around by herself with a bottle was no good. Even for a normie that is really no good. One of my friends became a widow at an early age. She got in that habit of drinking wine by herself. She's not an alcoholic so was able to stop, but that period of time was really lost for her. The drinking made her depression and grief even worse. When she stopped drinking, she still had to deal with the grief. AL just doesn't add anything positive, even for normies!

I LOVE LIFE AND LOOK FABULOUS IN MY SKINNY JEANS!! (well, I'm working on that second part!)

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG, here's an idea! Fitness Meetups near Chicago, Illinois - Fitness Meetups - Chicago Not necessarily the pole positions, unless of course you want to hone your skills. :H:H I forgot about meetup.com. Remember we talked about that last summer?

I'm taking my sexy bad ass to the river to hit the trails w/ little doggie and then to visit my dad, then to an appt downtown, then back here to meet the workers to finish up the drywall and do some job hunting.

Marshy, I did that when I was in divorce #1. I began racing, which kept me out of the gutter, but we were a partying crowd. Still, it was a good thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

I LOVE LIFE AND I'M THRILLED AT HOW MY SWIMMING IS COMING ALONG AND HOW MY LEGS LOOK IN LITTLE GYM SHORTS!! for a 29 year old
                      sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;1114178 wrote: I LOVE LIFE AND I'M THRILLED AT HOW MY SWIMMING IS COMING ALONG AND HOW MY LEGS LOOK IN LITTLE GYM SHORTS!! for a 29 year old
                        :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greenie, I have several old pair of running shoes that are no longer good for long runs but will be fine for this. So, I'll wear a pair of them and bring an extra along. Fam is not going. I'll be carpooling with some of my buds. I am going to be a very dirty girl this weekend.

The fitness group is the bootcamp that I go to at 5 am on weekdays. I've been doing it for several years. From time to time, we all sign up as a team to do an event. Last year we did Run Amok which is an annual event held at the Quantico Marine Base.

Dg, if you are interested, I am sure there are some boot camps in your area.

So, far we have..

Bad Ass Sexy Mary Kay Lady (DG)
                          Bad Ass Sexy Queen (Greenie of course)
                          Bad Ass Sexy Grandma (Lav)
                          Bad Ass Sexy Derby Girl (Bear)
                          Bad Ass Sexy Mama (Me)
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!

Comment

greeneyes;1114178 wrote: I LOVE LIFE AND I'M THRILLED AT HOW MY SWIMMING IS COMING ALONG AND HOW MY LEGS LOOK IN LITTLE GYM SHORTS!! for a 29 year old
                            :goodjob:
                            AF Since April 20, 2008
                            4 Years!!!

Comment

Wow!
                              The Fabbies sure got up early with loads of energy ~ can't say I did :H

M3, have a great time this weekend! Don't think this Granny would qualify for that kind of activity

Greetings to G, DG, Greenie, Marshy & the whole gang!
                              Didn't know it was Friday the 13th until I saw the date on the computer

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF day!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X