AF Daily - Saturday May 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a great day so far DG!! I totally agree with you on how seriously we take being AF on this post. I do NOT want to hear that one of our members has gone to the other side because of AL. And I will do everything under my control to prevent that, including calling someone on throwing BS around. That is all.

AFM-so sorry I forgot to respond to your BD party story. Sounds like you had a blast and are finding out how great life and this world can be AF!!

Well, my little tundra is mowed and trimmed and looking pretty good. AND I put on my BGP and FINALLY got that gosh darn propane tank hooked up to my grill. I have to admit I shooed the doggies off the deck before testing it . Not sure why I thought they would be better off if only I got blown to smithereens!! :H

Thanks for the encouragement about EBay DG. Its yet another thing that scares me but I am fast finding out that fear is a good thing and conquering fear is even better!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

papmom3;1114785 wrote: Aww Uni! So glad to hear this! I sure hope this time you will get to the root of why you want to hurt yourself so much. I think you are almost there. Now to get some tools in place to deal with the hurt and horror and to get past it somehow. I'm sending you all my love and all the positive thoughts I have. Be safe, be strong and fight for you. You are a beautiful wonderful person and mom and you deserve only the best. You do not deserve to spiral down and down and down. And your daughter deserves a mom who is fully present and loves not only her but yourself as well.
      Don't forget to bring your mandelas!!
      :h Pam
      Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm so happy you're doing this Uni. You are a good person, you deserve to be happy. We will be thinking about you. :h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Uni, that's good news. I hope all goes well for you the next 5 weeks :l

LVT, I'm glad you feel better with your decision to not go on the trip.
        Do something nice for yourself!

If anyone heard cursing this afternoon it was probably me :H
        The crappy weather is screwing with my mood already (and it's going to rain all week).
        My house won't be 8 years old until the summer but little things are breaking - annoying because I have no clue how to fix them. I have a small but growing list & thought I would give it to the YB today when he arrived with the chicken feed - as promised. Of course he didn't show up so I had to go buy & lift the 50 lb bags of feed & now I can't use my shower because the drain cover stuck to the bottom of my foot this morning & I can't get it back in place........feck. I'll just go use the other bathroom until something breaks in there I guess. If I had the cash I'd pay someone for all these repairs (and cut grass too) but I don't see that happening at the moment.

I'll get over it :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Soooo..... someone ELSE is sick of the fecking endless chore list of thankless man grunt work! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

And I also take note that you said feck again. Not just a mere fecking, but feck. A real honest to goodness stand-alone feck. Go Lav!!:cheering:

Uni, I so admire your determination! We're all pulling for you!

P3 Way to go on the grill!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Doggygirl;1114806 wrote:
            AFM - I have been continually amazed to find this whole big world out there that doesn't revolve around the nearest bar.
            DG
            DG, No shit eh??? I am being continually amazed as well! It just shocks the crap out of me. Gosh, I swear I was raised by hillbilly rednecks where drinking was the main focal point at every occasion and then some. It was very surreal for me - that NO ONE was drinking. Love it!

UNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooo f'n happy for you!!! I know all too well how hard it is to get into rehab! Back in 2003, my dad took me to my dr. asking to put me into rehab..... well, the dr. said it could take up to a year! WTF??? That was when my drinking really got started. My dad was like, what in the he*l is she suppose to do??? He said AA. That was all that was available at the time. I am soooooo happy for you! xxxxxxooooo

Comment

Happy Saturday ABerooos!

wow, bunch of great posts today. and I have serious blender envy thanks to LVT!

Uni! so pleased your getting in and being so serious to end this pain in a productive manner. will you have internet access in rehab?

well, I got up early and went to the SWAT training and took photos and hung out with my buddies. it was really fun and I wished like hell that I was physically up for the class but I'm simply not there yet. got some great shots of the guys and sorting them out now.

mentally trying to send some good weather to you Lavande.. ommmmm ommmmmm

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lav-you can do this! If the drain cover came out, it will go back in. You might even be able to google how to do it if you know the make of your tub/shower. If you have a lowes or Home Depot or even a local hardware store someone there should be able to walk you through it.
                I too have a huge list of thankless man gruntwork and I have no YB to do it for me either so either it doesn't get done or I figure out how to do it (based on urgency of course!!). I have hung out my attic window to change the flood light bulbs, unclogged sinks and tubs, put down flooring, learned how to use a miter saw (electric) and jig saw, tuned up my lawn mower, changed my car oil, installed a hard wired outdoor light timer and a programmable thermostat and a garbage disposal and a host of other things I can't even remember right now. You can do this Lav. You might not want to, and you might resent having to, but you CAN do it. And I tell you, the sense of accomplishment is unbelievable! Hang in there and don't be afraid to ask for help.

:l

Deter-glad you had fun today. Sorry you couldn't partake but we do expect to see pics!! Every event needs a great photographer!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I can't post any of today's training pics because a lot of the guys are active duty, so here's a pic of me from two weeks ago. Pimped-out for a range fashion show LOL

[img][/IMG]
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

OMG Deter - you can come over & just shoot my shower drain if I can't get it fixed
                    Glad you enjoyed your day

Papmom, I have my very own tool box, I've painted, papered, done all sorts of stuff over the years. My biggest problem is resentment. Why is it OK for him to just run off & be crazy leaving me soley in charge of protecting our investment - that BS! The last time he was here all he had to say was that he caught a 16 lb catfish - who gives a f___k?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Deter's BUFF!!!

Lav, it isn't OK. Maybe you could make a list, hire it out, and have him pony up the $ for it. That is all.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

You are absolutely right Lav and I apologize for not "getting it". I think you should send YB Deter's pic along with your list!!

Deter!! Wow!! Hmmmm. You look very comfortable packing all that firepower!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi All.

It's been a long time since I've been on MWO, but still AF. Had my 2 yr anniv on May 2, 2011.
                          DG I love your statement after your signature........I have been having drinking thoughts these past few days, so boy did that hit home.
                          Best of luck UNI, we will be waiting for you.

Winefree

Comment

congratulations WF!! Wow! 2 years is awesome! I hope you stick around!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Winefree, hoooray! nice to see you again and what a sterling success story.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X