Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily sunday 15 May

Hey all

Just checking in - I know I have been a bit incognito on this thread lately. I have made my big move to the States - arrived at 1130 am this morning! And I did it all AF. To say I am proud of myself at this moment in time would be an understatement.

I have been lurking and I really appreciate all your support and just reading this thread each day. It gives me so much strength.

x
    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

Yea Cass! Welcome back!! You have so much to be proud of and we are very proud of you! You are a huge role model and I hope you will do more than lurk on here. Take care of yourself these next few days and treat yourself every once in a while. The hard work will start soon enough!!
      :l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

Cassia big welcome to the US!!!!

Cinders, there you are, I was just chasing you down on subs. I'm so glad your ok and back with us. I can relate on the withdrawals. I've also looked into the face of insanity and it's unspeakably bad. lets never go there again?! hows that for a plan.

Mom3, sorry your team mate got hurt, but glad you kicked bootie and showed your kids what good 'clean' fun look like

hmmmm I think I 'll chop some garlic now...

xxxx
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

Glad you are here safely cassia ~ and nice to see you on this thread!

The wake was.... a wake I guess. A partyish kind of event. It felt like a wedding reception. Lovely food (it was at that resto I frequent) and apparently an open bar. He would have wanted it to be like that. I feel really wierd about it and now that I think of it, this is the first person that I know who basically drank himself to death. If he'd died of lung cancer would people have been smoking? I think I'll get my hula hoop and try to shake this feeling off.

Geez I seem to have missed a page. gotta look back.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

Cindi! Good to see you and hear you are on 2 weeks! Yay you! :l

M3, way to go you bad ass sexy mama! I take note of you leaving the festivities to go home. Isn't it great that we can just simply leave festivities?

Here's the thing (I think). I feel like I'm the only one who has an idea of what he was feeling, having been alone in a dark scary place. If others knew what I knew, surely they wouldn't be drinking? Or were they there, drinking and quietly hiding their fear? Stop greenie, you're being wierd.
            sigpic

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

M3-congrats on successfully finishing that bad ass course! I bet that shower felt ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!

Greenie-is the hula hoop helping any? It must have been terribly surreal being at that wake. Sending you :l

You too Cinders-big :l to you and welcome back. I am so glad I never got to the point of going through withdrawals but I know I was headed there. I did a lot of reading up on DTs and AL withdrawal in the year before I quit and I came very close to calling a colleague who is very open about his AA membership. I've always wondered what would have happened had I made that phone call. Anyway, I digress. So glad you're back amongst the living and I hope that this time it will stick and that on May 1, 2012 we will be celebrating your one year anniversary!!

Well, today was not terribly productive. I only got a fraction of my work done. Heart just not in it. I'm still very worried about my car and finances and even tho I hit all the "deals" at the supermarket tonite I still managed to spend $132!! Is it me or are prices really that high now? I emailed my agility instructor and told her I couldn't continue with classes for now. She is very sad as am I. This is killing me. Koby was just starting to get comfortable with this group of dogs and it was really great letting him run off leash after class with the 2 shelties. He was just starting to trust their owner and was even showing some interest in chasing the ball. I feel like we're going to go backwards now. Oh boy, now I'm choking up so I'm going say goodnite before I really get bad. This just isn't fair. :upset:
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

P3 I'm sorry you have to take a break from something you love. :l
                sigpic

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

It's hard being forced to take a break from something/someone you love papmom - I totally get it! Hopefully your situation will improve ~ I'm all about hope!

Cindi, good for you & congrats on your success! Stick around now, OK?

Cassia, welcome home! I hope everything works out well for you

Greenie, hula hoop the weird thinking away now - we don't all want to get weird :H

M3, your weekend was awesome, glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope you cleaned up OK

Greetings Deter, the garlic man.

Well, I finally did get around to the baby gift I thought about all day, hope my neice likes it!

Thunder storm & pouring rain right now - ho hum.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sunday 15 May

Hea

Lav - we got thunder and lightening earlier today and some heavy rain. Its cleared up now but more to come no doubt. It's so muggy outside!

P3 - babes, I dont know what to say. Yes, food prices are high but I read an article yesterday saying that they should be coming down nut it will take six months. As far as your finances go, well that's a hard one. You still have your negotiation chat to have with job 1? That could still yield a positive result. I know the agility classes are a bit of a blow but hopefully is only temporary. Is there anything else you could do to supplement your income. I am sure u have thought of all this but just trying to put ideas out there. Chin up! Xx
                    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Working...
                    X