X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Months AF!! whoo hooo!

Well done Kaslo! Congratulation's.

Keep climbing those mountain's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

4 Months AF!! whoo hooo!

Thanks for all the enthusiastic responses. I have been away working and just got back went immediately to the computer to see how everyone is. A hard week but AF still, it actually does not dawn on me most of the time now. It crosses my mind at odd times, but that is all. Crosses, exits stage left. ha ha. Wow Accountable 4 me, that is pretty scary. Stargazer, i did it by resolving to quit very strongly. Something just snapped. Enough I said to myself and that was that. I had tried before but on all those occassions I didnt really believe in it. Last February 14, after watching my step mother nearly die from AL, i just said, thats me at 71 and I dont want to be that person. Then I came here and to another site. But by then I had already made the first 2.5 months. I fought the cravings with non A drinks. Lots of them. I cut back for years before doing this. I used to be a serious wine drinker. I cut back over the past 4 years, I had two hip replacements... Then as I recoverd from those, I found myself creeping back into binging this last winter, and I was just sick of it. I have not attended any meetings, and my husband is blissfully unaware. He actually did not notice for the first 2.5 months! I didnt tell him because I was afraid I would fail. You guys have been amazing!!!

Go Abstinistas!
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

4 Months AF!! whoo hooo!

Good to see you back home Kaslo! Abstinistas - I love that!

You are doing fABulous!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

4 Months AF!! whoo hooo!

that's brilliant - very well done
          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
          X