AF Monday May 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Monday May 16

LVT, that is so cool how the picture turned up!!! Is that serendipity? I can't remember now. That word came to mind but I can't remember what it means! :H WOO HOO on the forthcoming Vitamix.

AFM, your description of baking is definitely real baking at my house! I smiled big just reading your description of Little AFM's excitement!

Jenny, some advice I got a long time ago about sobriety was to find people who have what I want, and then stick with them. So if some people on this thread (or even one person) has what you want, then STICK HERE WITH IT!!!!! That's what we are all here for. We are all at different spots on the path, and we have all been where you are. You belong here if you want to be AF. That is all. :l

P3, how are you this afternoon?

Well, 55, sunny with a slight breeze is WONDERFUL weather for a little jogging!!! This is week 5 of Couch to 5K. This is the first time there are 3 different runs for the week, so all three are on my iPod. After I ran 8 minutes, then walked 5, then ran 8 (with warm up and cool down walking), I figured out I did the wrong run!!! That was supposed to be run #2 this week! So I actually did a harder run than I was supposed to! (3 five minute runs with 3 minutes walking in between) WOO HOO!! And it felt easy after doing last weeks run in tropical climate heat! I'm pretty excited. I have named the brittish girl on the podcasts "Marshy." Marshy said I should be proud of myself today and I was!

I can't believe my knees are holding up really well so far. I shouldn't say that out loud.

There is a free e-book on the Spiritual River recovery site. I read it today and really enjoyed it. This is a good site in any case (thank you Sheri - I remember you linking it ages ago!). Just in case anyone hasn't checked it out ever or lately. Spiritual River | How to Stop Drinking Alcohol and Get the Addiction Help You Need

One thing is for sure....no drinking to ruin this natural high for this girl today!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Monday May 16

Good afternoon Abbers!

Jenny, glad your injury wasn't more serious ~ could have been, but you know that
      Keep yuor focus, that's what you need right now. Personally I would dump those loser friends but that's just me

Just had a nice girls day out! Ms Lily went on her first outlet shopping trip today - not bad for an 11 week old
      She especially liked the Ann Taylor Loft store :H
      Rockvale Outlets Lancaster Home Page - Bigger Bargins, Better Brands, Always Rockvale Outlets

The raiin was on hold, sun peeked in & out but best of all my spirits are lifted. This past weekend was the pits ~ on so many levels. YB did NOT show up this morning - good because I just wasn't in the mood for a heaping dose of BS at 7:30 this morning.

I need to go check & see if last night's heavy rains damaged anything in my veggie garden - hope not.

AFM, I should send you a basic cupcake recipe I use all the time - it's simple & they turn out great everytime.

Later!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Monday May 16

Lav-you crack me up!! Your lil lily has great taste!! Hope your veggie garden is OK and the hens too!!

DG-you ROCK!! Way to go on the running. And no, you shouldn't say it outloud :H. Just be very careful and listen to your body. No shame in repeating a day or week or taking some time off if knees etc are bugging you. Glad they aren't right now.

How am I? Pretty much in the dumps. I stayed home today and worked from here. Just couldn't face the ride in and dealing with my boss who was in for the first time in a week. Did I tell you guys that last Sunday he supposedly fell and broke a cheekbone? Said he got up and fainted. Anyway, I did talk to job #1 this afternoon and he says there is nothing they can do about the offer. Some sort of union formula BS. I gave him my spiel, he totally agreed but no sale. I said I would sleep on it but seriously I would be looking at $160 less per month and that is taking into consideration the zero commute. Since I'm already in the hole each month by about $145 and that is with NO frills at all so there is no way I can do this. I know that today was Employee Spree Day at Job #2 (that had to suck with the torrential downpours-no BBQ that's for sure!) so I didn't expect to hear anything. I'm not even going to pull the "I have another offer" card as I just wouldn't feel right. I also got a call from the RV guy up in Maine and it really is going to cost about 1K to get the brakes and tires done. My sis says go for it regardless of financial worries. I really do want my camper but am I being unrealistic? I might never be able to afford to tow it anywhere but I guess it could be a retreat when the boyz get on my nerves :H. Well, at least my brother can get some use out of it.
        So that's whats happening in my world today. Pretty sucky but at least I'm AF!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Monday May 16

You always succeed if you never stop trying.
          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Working...
          X