• Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 3

Hi all thankyou for yor support day 3 still sober made another night
    I dread the thought of the week-end coming but will concentrate on to-day
    feeling good :thanks:

day 3

Congratulations on 3 days Mary! I know these early days can feel really long. It won't be that way forever! It sounds like you are doing a great job just concentrating on today and doing what you have to do. One day at a time works well for me too.

One thing I did in early sobriety was make a LOOOONG list of things to do. Some of the stuff on my list was chore type things - I neglected a lot of stuff around my house in the drinking years! But I also put fun things on my list too. Hobby/acticities to try, visits to local museums and points of interest, etc. That list came in really handy when i would get a very urgent crave, and feel like I couldn't think straight. I could pull out my written list and just pick something. ACTIVE things (i.e. go for a walk) were always much better for me than PASSIVE things (i.e. read a book) in terms of really diverting me from the craving thoughts. (your experience may differ!)

Such a list can be handy during weekends.

Keep going - you are doing great!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

day 3

Hi Merry your doing great, don't look to far ahead, all you need to think about is today. Here is the link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html that you asked me for
      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

day 3

Good for you merry
        Hang in there, it will get better & easier as you go along!

Don't underestimate the power of a good plan!!!!
        Like DG said, keeping yourself as busy & distracted as possible really helps. I know that it's just plain dangerous for me to have too much 'thinking time' on my hands........leads me right into feeling sorry for myself.

Keep your focus & keep up the good work, you'll love the results

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X