Day 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 15

Sorry missed yesterday still hanging in day 15 now but still not sleeping well
    hope it gets better :thanks:

Day 15

It will Merry-I promise! I had horrible sleep problems my first few months but with the help of some OTC meds and/or Ambien, they are much better now. If you can't afford the OTC sleep meds or Rx ambien or you can't get a prescription, I highly recommend OTC generic benedryl. It will put you to sleep for sure. For some people, it will wake them up after 4 or 6 hours but for me at least, I go right back to sleep unlike when I was drinking. Then I would rebound awake from the wine 3 or 4 hours after passing out but could never get back to sleep and was toast for the whole day. If you can't afford any meds or don't want to take them, try a sleep CD from your local library or if you have a smart phone, there are some good apps out there. Good luck and keep fighting the good fight.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Day 15

Hi merry!

CONGRATS on 15 AF days!!!! Great work!
      I agree with papmom - sleep will come, it just takes a while.
      My sleep issues started before I started the crazy drinking. Mine are hormone related.

Keep trying different OTCs, the sleep CDs........something will help
      Hang in there!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 15

Banadryl works for me too, but I don't like how I feel in am. The calm forte that is talked in the book has worked for me, and I feel fine in the morning too....
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Day 15

Congrats on 15 Days Merry! That is a wonderful start.

There are lots of supplements that can at least help take the edge off the sleep and mood problems in early sobriety. There is a lot of adjusting going on in our bodies now that we are not slamming ourselves with poison every day.

I took the whole shebang of supplements in the Starter Kit when I got going, and really recommed that. For mood and sleep help, here are my faves:

GABA (morning and afternoon - helps my moods)
          L-Tryptophan (I like Source Naturals brand and I take 500 mg at bed time. Helps raise seratonin)
          Valerian Root - lot of people take Melatonin to help them sleep. I dont' get along well with Melatonin. Someone here long ago suggested I try Valerian Root as an alternative. It helps me!

Keep going! The sleep and everything else will get better.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X