Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Good morning all Abbers!

I have a few hours to myself then my marathon weekend with EB begins!!!!
    He has been extra fiesty since turning 2 1/2 so I'm in for a busy weekend

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday. I'll check in tonight (hopefully) after he goes to sleep

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Hi Lav and all to come.

Have fun with EB. I always find being with kids exhausting, don't think I could have coped with any of my own!

Boiling hot here (well, about 25C, hot enough).

My mum has been booked in to have her radiotherapy mask made next week and might have her first session of radiotherapy the same day, they're not sure yet. I spoke to her this morning and she's enjoying sitting in the sun in the garden and doing a bit of weeding.

Papmom- scary about the hurricane! Saw it on the news. I hope it's all blown over now.

Zooming, have a good day all!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Good Morning Lav, Marshy and all to come. Happy Friday!

I turned in my first homework assignment last night! Me and my daughter read the other people in the class posts and got to comment. It was so fun! She is so smart in English! Wonder why she likes my school so much and wants to do my homework with me but won't do her own? We get to wear jeans at work today because we don't have any doctors today so I'm all cute. God I love this feeling of general well being and confidence, I certainly don't want to trade it in for some AL, not tonight my friends not tonight. Hope everyone is well this lovely Friday. I'm taking Friday back as a wonderfully productive day from now on! Day 20. . .I'm gonna get there, where ever there is, this time. I'm not going back!

Keep on rocking the Sober life!
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Good morning Fabbers, gotta run right away, Lav have a great time with the beaner, I miss my grandkids...Marshy I hope your mom responds well to her therapy. Its lovely here, looking forward to a weekend. Just about finished the beaches project.... Now gotta go back up north again next week...this time, I think I will fly up there. Had a very trying day yesterday, and in the end with the steak and baked potatoe that I used to use as an excuse to drink a bottle and a half of red wine with, I did NOT. Its been just over 4 and a half months now, and its this site that keeps me floating on a raft of sobriety in many ways. Who knew that the internet and this community could be responsible for changing my life. Despite the insomnia last night, and the dear Husb snoring in my ear for the better part of it, I feel pretty good. One thing is for sure...

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Hello friends,

I am back, the trip went pretty well.

That is all.........for now.

:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Friday fireworks! love it!

whew, busy busy here in the high desert. I'll be doing this weekend AF
            zoom zoom
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Wicked storm here last night. Looking for roofer. Grrr... BUT I've lucked up on the bathroom and snagged a remodeler that can do ALL ov the rest of it!

Gotta run. Gotta love navigating life on the AF wings!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Hey Fabbers!!

Jenny-nice job on your first assignment and for the GREAT attitude re: Friday nite! You can do this!

Greenie-did you lose some of your roof in the storm last nite? gosh, I hope not!! Good news about the bathroom guy. Hope he's eyecandy too!
                Lav-have fun with EB! Don't envy you and wicked admire you!!

Hello Mr. D-come on over and join us!!

Marshy-it was a tornado, not a hurricane!! hurricanes I can deal with!! the news just keeps getting worse out of western ma and the south part of my county. No more deaths but people still without power and the homelessness is horrible! Most of the people affected in Springfield (the hardest hit) were impoverished to begin with. Oiy.

Deter-Happy Weekend! Hope you get to relax a bit after last weekend and your travels!!

LVT-Welcome Home! Can't wait to hear all about it! Are you glad you went?

Where's DG? Bear? M3? Who else are we missing?

Well, my staycation officially started at 5pm. Tomorrow morning bright and early I'm hauling my fat ass down to WW and then over to PF for a long overdue workout.

Planning on concentrating on the Paphut this weekend and week, looking for a part time job and getting my finances in order. It looks like I have to resubmit my application for a loan modification. I forgot to save the first 2 pages and when I emailed them about sending me copy of the app, they said I had to redo it. Damn. I'm also going to sleep as late as possible every sngle day except tomorrow just cause I can!!
                :l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Hi fABbies!

I'm so glad it sounds like everyone is safe who was in the vicinity of the tornadoes the other day. Whew!!!

All is good here - just crazy busy. Wanted to do a fly by and just wish everyone a GREAT AF FRIDAY!!!!!!! Have a good weekend. Hopefully will be able to catch up around here soon!

I love being able to just pop in quick, and find so much support here. I :h you guys!

One thing is for sure!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

hey papmom, you sound better. I don't know where all the others are but I'm here, white knuckeling it through another Friday night. My goodness this is so hard on Friday. I sure wish that would go away sooner than later!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

DG, cross post, so glad to see your and P3's avatars! I need some strength and just seeing long timers avatars posting on Friday gives me strength! Whoo Lord help me I will make it through this night!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Jenny, Fridays R tough for sure. Its so ingrained after years...I try to do something specific to celebrate the end of the week. Really Happy (I dont drink) hour. Celebrated with a fizzy Dole raspberry drink and pile of peanuts. Lol! (I know, I am such a loser, but it works for me).
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

jennyneric;1125341 wrote: DG, cross post, so glad to see your and P3's avatars! I need some strength and just seeing long timers avatars posting on Friday gives me strength! Whoo Lord help me I will make it through this night!
                          Here are some words of wisdom you can use to fight the urge tonight....spoken by a very wise person by the way.......

God I love this feeling of general well being and confidence, I certainly don't want to trade it in for some AL,

You can do eeeeeet!
                          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

hey Jennie,
                            What I've found after over a year of sobriety/AFness is that Friday nites are no longer more special than any other night. I usually now have so much to do on Saturdays that I have no desire to sit down and drink until i pass out which always meant a wicked hangover the next day. So part of the technique I use to get through Friday nites is to be VERY busy on Saturdays. The same goes for Saturday nites-Sundays are just as busy. It now feels perfectly natural to come home after work on Friday and treat it just like any other evening. Boring maybe but my celebration of a job completed for the week is to keep AL out of my body for one more night.
                            Hang in there and know it does get easier but you have to believe that being AF is the best thing for you and you want it more than anything.
                            :l

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ Friday June 3

Hey DG-you're zooming again! Pop back in when you can!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X