Daily Abs Sunday June 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papmom, can you ID this cool bird that happened upon my back yard today?
    lovely lemon body, orange head.

[img][/IMG]

[img][/IMG]
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

My guess is western tanager
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I think the Queen is spot on. I was going to say some sort of western oriole but i couldn't find a pic that looked exactly like that. googling western tanager brought up two beautiful pics but the birds are more vibrant in color:

Deter's might be a young male born last summer?
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Great - I have managed the week goal, moving on to the month now - and looking forwrad to starting Monday without a hangover. I watched the Rain in my Heart documentaries today - well worth watching, but it did put a bigger dampener on my day. Incredible watching. As I work thru everything I try and review a new thread daily - a lot motivate me so positively, this one was also motivating - but with the dark side in mind.....
          Jenny - I did this years swimsuit shopping on line and it was very successful and a LOT less traumatic - it worked well for us and we were both happy at the end, and suprisingly happy when they arrived!
          PapMom - where do you plan on taking the paphut for its first trip? or have you already odne that - it's a cool project that you have.
          Lav - hopefuly you rest well soon!
          Uni - too bad, get there however you can, and good luck to you when you do get there - put the hubby out of mind and get success in spite (or to spite him!)
          Happy Sunday night/Monday morning to everyone!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Good evening all! I got most everything done this weekend. Worked from home 3 hours today, grocery shopped, got to the library, about to cook dinner and finish my homework for the week in math and I even got an hour and a half nap in. So glad to make it through Friday with no AL, the rest of the weekend is so worth it. Tuesday I have one kid getting braces and another one going to the Dr for ADD meds all with no health insurance. I hope we don't want to eat much this week! LOL

Hey Det, Kes, Lav, Greenie. Nelz check in when you get a chance and were is DG? Good to meet you reteacher. Hello to anyone I missed and everyone dropping by!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Way to go Jenny and SL!! Keep up the great work with using all tools available!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Ahhhhhh,

Time to relax
                My BF is home with his parents once again!

Pretty bird pics - I definitely get Baltimore Orioles in my back yard.

Scottish lass I am very happy for you, CONGRATS on your AF week!!!!!
                Fantastic work - keep going

Jenny, you are doing great too! It's such a good feeling to have the BS behind you & to just keep moving forward. Both of my kids had braces, some of it was covered by insurance but still had a good bit to pay out. Glad I did it though, they both turned out looking great.
                Remind the Doc that it would be good if he/she prescribed something less expensive for your son's ADD. Don't be shy about that

I am going to turn this tired bod in early tonight - geez :H
                Wishing everyone a good night.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thanks for the bird info Greeneye and Papmom. I think because I had the camera on the wrong setting that I messed up the white balance a bit.

shouts out to Scottishlass and Jenny.

i'm being bad today....opened up a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts. oh my

xxx
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

and as a reminder often the very best ADD treatment available is to sharply curtail sugar consumption.

my uncle had two of the most unruly kids you'd ever have the misfortune of spending time with and eventually he got sick of it and put them on a no sugar, low carb diet. several months later we went down to visit and it was like they were replaced by two very well behaved mature little people. just a stunning turn-a-round in behavior.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I refused to medicate my son too Deter. Straightened him out by altering his diet (sugar, food additives, food colorings, etc) & getting him to an educational counselor. His behavior improved immensely (with time) & so did his grades
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, that's awesome! you should be proud.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks DET and LAV, I have spoken with my son and we decided that we would not medicate, he hates the medicine. After we watched the video you sent me DET we have rid our house of HFCS completely and got him so no fat whip cream and surefire jello and yogurt for deserts. The carbs are much harder but I think I can keep him on natural foods and on dyes with 100 - 150 grams of carbs a day and some fruits and a few veggies. I also put him on omega 3-6-9 L glut calcium and a multi. I want to add calms forte (sp) and ginkgo Balboa and maybe so green tea with ginseng next week. Both have been proved helpful in treating ADD. Also if I say in close contact with his teachers and maybe cut my classes in the fall down by 1 and make him one of my classes together we can do this. I told him he needed to consider school a very serious activity and if he choose to do that then I would make sure he would have plenty of time to play around after school. So I guess we'll see if we can work together and do this!
                          You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                          Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

awesome Jenny. don't remove fats from his diet though. they are critical for brain/CNS function and especially so if he's having a hard time. if you want to be really bored just PM me any questions and I'll send a reply that's the cure for insomnia LOL
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;1126356 wrote: awesome Jenny. don't remove fats from his diet though. they are critical for brain/CNS function and especially so if he's having a hard time. if you want to be really bored just PM me any questions and I'll send a reply that's the cure for insomnia LOL
                              :H:H:H
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Nice photos, Deter! Very interesting discussion on dietary aids for HDD etc. I have read that red dyes in foods are heavily llinked to HDD in kids, and sugar as well. I am at the end of month four, so I still crave sugar. Not good for me, but I think I would rather have the sugar than the 'other' sugar. My weakness is jellybeans! Help!

Kas
                                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X