OMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG

I just found out that another one of my friends from High School passed away today. She was 34 years old. That is the 3rd friend of mine in the past 3 years. What the hell. I am only 36 - why are my friends all dying so young?
    Thank god trauma is the first component of my treatment cause I think I'm in shock right now.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

OMG

universal;1126760 wrote: I just found out that another one of my friends from High School passed away today. She was 34 years old. That is the 3rd friend of mine in the past 3 years. What the hell. I am only 36 - why are my friends all dying so young?
    Thank god trauma is the first component of my treatment cause I think I'm in shock right now.
    Uni, I'm sorry for the loss you feel. Uni, you do not need to go into shock over this. Or drink. The best thing you can do for yourself and your friend as she transitions is to hold her in thoughts of peace and love. You can do that. Choose peace, uni. :h
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

OMG

No worries, I won't drink. I am at my trailer in my serene place and there is no alcohol here nor do I have the means to get any. Nor do I want any. I think I just can't believe it! So no actual shock, just a sense of sadness and unbelievability. It just seems that 3 in 3 years is crazy - I just can't believe it. But don't worry, I won't drink. I am staying online - besides, if I was to drink I would ruin my chance to get into therapy and there is no way on gods green earth that I am going to F that chance up. I have been given way too many second chances to screw with that.
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

OMG

excellent 'tude sister! strength to you Uni xxxx
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

OMG

So sorry Uni!
          I lost a few good friends too at a young age. It is hard but you can handle this!

Take care of yourself :l
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

OMG

right here with you Uni! I'm so sorry you have to go through this right now but you are holding strong and honoring your friend with your sobriety. Stay on line-someone is always here.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
            X