Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily AF~ June 9/Thursday

OMG it's 10 am. . .where is everyone???

Had to start the thread! Can't miss a day! Hope everyone is having fun! I think I might eat some cookies I have stashed in my drawer! Bad me LOL.
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

It's only 8am. where I am..........
    Better to have cookies than AL. :goodjob:
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

After Noon already - I have had a super busy morning!

Thanks for starting us up Jenny! Greetings Barbara!

The heatwave continues here on the east coast - it's pretty nasty. Can't spend more than 10 minutes outside without wanting to melt down
      Good excuse to stay in my shop & get some work done!

Wishing all Abbers a good AF Thursday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hotter than Hades here in MA too. Severe Storm watches are already up for my area until 11pm. I've rearranged the basement to put all the crates against a non window wall, I have an emergency storage container filled with clothes and food for the kids and a small first aid kit. Flashlight, battery operated radio and all 3 phone batteries are charged. I'll have my laptop and the Ipad down there with me when it's time to take cover. I've got satelite hooked up as well. If all the power goes out I have my cell phone. Right now it's a bright but hazy sun with a stiff breeze.

Bad news on the Paphut. Unless I win a lottery or get a really good paying job, this rig is not going on the road. The RV place said it would cost over $1500 to put a new axle, brakes and wheels on plus extra for all the wiring that has to be done. About $1200 for just the new wheels and brakes on the existing axle. He also said he wouldn't recommend the Ford Escape- too many problems. Not what Edmunds had to say or Consumer Reports but he worked at a Ford Service Center for 6 years when they first came out. Over 35 recalls in the first year alone. He said the Jeep Grand Cherokee was indestructable but I can't afford even a 10 year old one as they hold their value very well. Very disappointing news and I think I'm done fighting this. I'll do a few agility trials every year and stay in motels. I'm going to concentrate on getting back into classes as well.

So right now she'll be a guest room-anyone want to come visit, just let me know!!

I don't know why I think I can do all these things. I have no money, I've never had any money, I get shit paying jobs and never get ahead. Never gotten a promotion or bonus even when I didn't work for the state. I should just make peace with my life the way it is and stop dreaming.

I'll check back in once the storms pass through if I can.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

papmom3;1128211 wrote: I don't know why I think I can do all these things. I have no money, I've never had any money, I get shit paying jobs and never get ahead. Never gotten a promotion or bonus even when I didn't work for the state. I should just make peace with my life the way it is and stop dreaming.
          Stop it P3!! Hope and dreams make the world go 'round. Even if things don't fall into place for you on the first go at it, I for one get so much inspiration for the things that you do - that you think of, that you move and take action on!! I'm sure you inspire others to not just dream but to take action. :crowned:
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

This must be the quietest day I've ever seen in Abberville :H

I sincerely hope everyone is well & just busy having a good day

Waiting for T storms to roll in & break this heatwave. I don't feel like watering the veggies so I hope the rain does arrive.

papmom, I know what you mean about dreaming........have done too much of that myself over my lifetime. Gets frustrating at times & makes you want to quit but I'm not really sure I can. Hopes & dreams provide us with pleasant, easier going thoughts & feelings when reality is just too harsh
            I think some of it is age/fear related. I'll be 58 in December & the women in my family have a history of departing this world by age 65. I want a whole lot before I have to leave
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

thanks Lav and Greenie. Still feeling mighty sorry for myself, very overwhelmed and hopeless. I'm sure the nice cool bright air tomorrow post storms will have me back to me chipper self in no time. In the meantime Twinkies will help.

Storm is still hanging around but worst is over. It was a straight thin line North in NH south to RI that went from NY right into Boston and out to sea. Left a lot of power outages and downed trees in its wake. One report of a touchdown in the town just to the north of my bro but no reported damage. My yard looks fine-I had secured everything this afternoon and none of my beautiful trees were touched. Just a lot of rain and some left over T&L now. Only had to be in the basement with the kids for an hour or so. I think its going to be a wild summer.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi all you great Fabsters, I was up and driving out to civilization to catch a plane and get to the passport office in the big town, then flew up north here via Vancouver very early this morning. Tomorrow I have to go out to a site that had a big release, and look for dead animals. Doesnt sound like much fun, but its actually pretty interesting. A lot of searching for feathers and bones. So did not have time to log in in the morning, and probably wont tomorrow either, as I have to leave this hotel by 5 and meet my gunman at 530 AM. Pap, you have some really great characteristics, you have some mechanical abilities, resourceful, and tenacious as hell, have you thought of trying to get a job in one of the car or truck dealerships as a parts clerk? OR taking some mechanical training??? Sorry you are feeling down, and I wish I could personally help you.
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo, whassa big release? Gunman? Do tell!

P3, kaslo is right, and what a good idea about auto dealership parts!

LAv, what veggies have you got planted? Have you got...peaches? Isn't it peaches?

Jen, you seemvery busy with school - are you loving it?

Hi barbara - good to see you here!

Hey ho to everyone else that may stop in (or not) I had a super busy day too!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Im here, just busy busy busy...........busy working and staying away from AL.

Worked till 8, dinner, shower, and viola.....Im checking in!
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

papmom, the storm fizzled out around here........now I wish I had watered my veggies after such a hot day. Glad you didn't have any damage. Hang in there about the vehicle - something will show up

Kaslo, I'd like to hear about the gunman too - sounds mysterious.

Greenie, my daughter & I decided on the garden veggies: zucchini, yellow summer squash, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, several types of peppers & egg plant. There's still room for a fall crop of pumpkins & maybe some brocolli. I have semi dwarf apple, pear & peach trees )2 of each) & of course all those raspberries. The raspberries were never thinned out & pruned so I don't know how happy they will be this year (YB promised but never did the job) I don't know much about them myself. Any other veggie I need I can pick up at 'Ike's Deli' - the Amish farmer nearby

Nelz, you sound good!
                      Staying busy is best
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Copy of my post from the starting out forum - sorry to duplicate, but pretty beat - both mentally and physcically - i concentrated a lot on not drinking. found that i really had to work at it.....but it worked!
                        Hi ? it is Tuesday morning and I am getting ready to head to Vegas ? I am worried about this trip, I am sure most people are aware of what Vegas is and also the behavior that occurs at conferences (and I think medical conferences are one of the worst!). On the advice of people on this site, I realized I needed to have some plans in order to achieve my goals. One of my plans is to write this message with the hope of posting it on Thursday. I will save in my draft file and can view it on my phone when I feel the call of AL. I will remind myself of the message I will need to post if I don?t meet my goals. I will also read posts in the morning before heading out, in the evening before I head out and in the evening when I get back. I don?t want to let myself down, and I also don?t want to let everyone here down who have supported us all so much! so hopefully I can cut and paste this in Thursday evening instead of a oops, I slipped and day 1 here I come again!!!
                        Yahoo ? I did it ? thanks to all the message is received, I know I would not have been so successful without MWO behind me. Interestingly the hardest time was the hour driving home from the airport ? all o could focus on was getting a bottle of wine to celebrate my success ? NUTS!!! I am sitting here with a AF beer?and wishing for a good glass of red wine, but I have resisted!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

YAY SCOTTISH LASS!!!! Who needs a stinky old glass of wine, anyway.

Bon soir madamoiselle Vert Yeux. Ha ha. I can mangle French better than any English Canadian I know. The release was from a sour gas well, a gas that is poisonous, and kills birds. I am a pollution person, so I am going hunting for impacts from the release, first look couldnt see anything, they were worried a second puff would happen and besides there was 1 meter of snow still on the ground. Not likely to see anything, but if there was mortality I will find it. My gunman, Vic, is a highpowered rifle totting crack shot, who keeps me from getting eaten by bears. The woods up here are thick with them. I used to work alone (and still do on some occassions) and I would carry my 12 guage shotgun, but I am a terrible shot. Last year we had a two year old black bear the size of small piano threaten to charge and it was only a bullet in the tree next to him/her that convinced it to bugger off. Reluctantly. (We were in his blueberry patch). So yeah. Fun and games. I have been doing this for 32 years now. Raised two kids with the help of my husband who stayed home while I wandered around in the weeds. Hope y'all have a lovely day tomorrow. I will check in at the end of the day.
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

late checkin from a hotel on the road. weeeeeee....thud.

had some pretty strong cravings before dinner tonight which kind of freaked me out. I was very HALT and at least recognized it for what it was. very big day tomorrow, so better rest up.
                            great job everyone!

zzzzzzzzzzz
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kaz, if you were closer I'd be happy to offer some free shooting lessons!

maybe if you should ever find yourself in CA or NV

ok, really going to sleep now

zzzzzzzz
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X