AF Daily - Friday June 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday June 6

Ok so I met my friend outside, we pulled up at the same time, and I got hugs from her baby girl who's almost 2, so sweet! All our kids call us aunt, I'm Aunt Jenny, she is Aunt Tara. She gave me a hug too and said she understood. . .I worry though that she maybe fighting a beast of her own tonight because neither her or her husband would look me in the eye. I do not envy her that fight! Anyway, I went to the gym, didn't do any cardio, stupid ankle, but did strength training, ankle didn't like that much either but it felt good just to be there if for only 25 minutes. Hubby and DS are going to evil mother in laws house ( I shouldn't say that, what goes around comes around) but I will be here alone for a couple of hours so I thought I would watch the Hangover (ironic) and eat something cheat worthy.

Thanks for reading, my point is today feels kind of Normal. More normal that a Friday has felt in 4 weeks. Thank you for all of your support, each and every one of you.
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

jennyneric;1128890 wrote: my point is today feels kind of Normal. More normal that a Friday has felt in 4 weeks.
      To read that makes me feel SO glad for you! :l
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

Thank you greenie!:l to you too!

In reflecting tonight and relaxing I am so thankful that I am not the same girl I was 4 weeks ago tonight. That girl was angry and just chasing a high to make all the pain go away. I still have the pain but I am dealing with it. My hubby is starting to take an interest in me and the things that I do. He asked about the supps I take and my school work and he can see that I am serious. He told me a few nights ago that we could go back over to Roger's (where that horrible Friday night happened) and I could maybe just have a few wine coolers, no vodka, I told him that he needed to understand I don't want to drink, not that I am try to make myself not drink, and that there is a difference. I don't want excuses or pacification, I just want support. He says that I am uptight when I don't drink. I told him what he doesn't know is that, inside, I'm more uptight when I do drink and I am sad for days after. . .we are going places here. Everyday we choose the direction of change.
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

way to go Jennie!! Kudos for being assertive with your hubby and articulating exactly what you want and kudos for being honest with your BF. And kudos for going to the gym!! You earned 3 stars tonite!!

why aren't there any gold star smilies? Is that too logical for a site like this?
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

I am SO PROUD of you Jenny!!!! And you too Pap! Your trailer will make an excellent retreat/guest house.....for now. :h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

thanks LVT! I'm really excited now to do the interior decorating. Now I wish I had another week of vacation! Tomorrow the silver goes on the middle stripe. Can't wait to show you guys and see what you think!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

Hi All you Fab Asbtinitrix. Im pooped. 13 hour day. Long drive. I was accompanied to this same site again as about a month ago, this was a release of poisonous gas. The tech that shut in the broken valve came with, and my gun guy Vic. I did a sweep. Basically traipsing back and forth around the site and into the forest on all sides, examining the ground, the brush, the larger limbs of trees, everything. Good visibility, vegetation immature so lots of exposed soil. I found old cigarette package coverings, paper cups, bits of cloth, even some string... i.e. all kinds of indication of direction of typical windblown stuff, but no sign of bird mortality what so ever (they are the most sensitive to this gas, more than 100 times more than mammals, for example. Found one old nest, and some subnivean borrows (burrows that mice live in under the snow), all abandoned. And lots of moose tracks since the episode. In the end I talked to the tech. and he told me an important thing. The explosion was loud. It blew a piece of pipe up in the air it hit the ROOF and put a dent in it. So in otherwords the gas was trapped under a roof, and there was enough noise to frighten away most of the creatures of the field and stream. So I cant say for sure there was no mortality, but it must have been very limited and possibly nothing at all. It pays to talk to people. The modelers in the city were out to lunch on this one.

At the other flare site I found some injury to vegetation in two places, very confined. And what I would call slight. Also an osprey nesting right in the path of the plume, with chicks, same one as last year. Birds can be dumb. Watched it feeding its babies a fish. Very cool.

I took a ton of photos. And a million samples of lodgepole pine foliage, which will give me some chemistry to check. Must catch a flight tomorrow back south.... thanks for taking an interest in this Fabbers. if anyone checks this thanks for reading... Love to you all.
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Friday June 6

Fascinating! I wanted to be a marine biologist but I couldn't manage college math.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                  X