Daily AF ~ 14 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily AF ~ 14 June

hi Bear, yes decreasing consumption but still getting sicker. Im fading into and out of DT's on an hourly basis. My appointment is in approx 2 hours. soon. stay AF folks. the alternative is just not worth it
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Damn you guys are all doing so well, well done to jenny, aa, pingu and Kas - you guys are doing great.

xpost - det I've been away for a few days, I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling, I hope the appointment helps

I'm back again, true to form I drift away from forums for a while, think I can handle things, drink as planned on my festival weekend and ha, what a mistake that was! Guess who's drinking again? I'm just gonna change my name to little miss relapse and have done with it methinks
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Hi fABbies!! Trying to catch up after the trip to Akron. Things are always busy on the home front in the summer with lots going on. Sorry I haven't been around!!!! Hello to one and all. You guys live in my head whether I'm posting or not. :H

Jenny, CONGRATS ON 30 DAYS!!! Love how you and Nelz have done that in your siggy lines. :yougo:

Hello Mia!

MM - it has been that way for me too - easier with time.

Lav - I wouldn't want to clear the booze out of YB's man cave either - and he's not my YB!!! Can't say I blame you there. (from yesterday)

Welcome pingu and congrats on 3 months AF!!! Hope you will keep posting with us!!!

AA - I always love when you post. It was the simple wisdom in your posts that helped me decide to give AA a try. Don't know if you even still go - doesn't matter. I'm so excited for your 4-year anni tomorrow!

M3 - I am so sorry to read how badly you are feeling. This marriage thing just keeps cooking on the back burner, doesn't it. You are the one you can change.......

Kaslo - congrats on your 5 months anniversary!!! You have been a very nice addition to our merry band of fabbies here. Sad that the only part of whatever other language you typed in that I understood was "white wine." I can order booze in 50 languages I think. :H I hope your day gets better!

Bean, I can completely relate to your analogy about the fun fair. Fun indeed. Broke and sick, more like it.

Det - thoughts and prayers are with you and Dx. We will be here when you get back.

Bear - I like how you laid out your AF goals in your siggy line too. I'm like you - battles with nicotine, AL, weight. I'm also like you in that I can't imagine ever wanting to actually smoke again. Yuck. My weight battle was not so bad initially because when I first quit drinking, I followed the advice in the My Way Out book and stayed low carb. No sugar at all. Once I got my thyroid issue corrected, the weight came off steadily and I didn't have much trouble maintaining that loss for over a year. Then I let sugar back into my life. The battle started anew. I hope I have finally accepted that sugar in any form is just trouble for me. I cannot moderate my intake. Even if I succeed in having just one cookie now, more cookies will be on my mind and eventually I will cave. Just like with AL. I suppose I have a "larger goal" because health and fitness do matter. But I also cannot take in any AL or sugar or I'm screwed. I don't think a larger goal would change that.

Hi Inchy. Good to see you back. Most of us have relapsed a zillion times before we finally got it for the long haul. (and can still never take it for granted.) Don't feel bad - this is all just part of it. The important thing is that you are back.

Akron was a great experience. (AA Founders Day) One of the amazing things was the staging for the motorcade to Dr. Bob's grave on Sunday morning. I don't know how many hundreds of Harley riders were there. This year they separated the car motorcade and the motorcycle motorcade. It's a very big deal for the motorcycle people. I got to run a few laps on a university track. That's a first!

Gotta zoom zoom or I won't get all my walking in. I took a break from running when I hurt my knee. I've been power walking since and am doing over 20,000 steps per day. I'm walking my ass off, literally. I'm almost back to my goal weight.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE....Al can bite me. That is all.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Welcome back doggygirl, it seems you had a great time,

Hi to everyone else.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

These thoughts are just killing me today. I'm feeling very low, almost cried several times today. My oldest has lice (yuck!) that I can not get ride of, luckily they only seam to like her, no one else gets them. And my youngest got in trouble at summer school today. . .it's only day three! I have a math test tonight that I can't seem to get the negatives and positive right on. And. . . I'm freaking tired! It's all hormonal I know it is but its so hard to not go get a bottle, take the test and drink. . .I don't want to do that. . .do I! Damn it. . .grrrrr, I hate 30 days!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

No you don't. You LOVE 30 days! 30 glorious AF days! Sounds like you are seriously tired - can you take a quick nap? Get the special shampoo for lice - nothing else works. And wash all her bedding an hairbrushes and towels and stuff. It's common in the summertime. Kids getting into trouble at school is also common.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Big shout out to everyone! Regulars, visitors, returnees, fly-bys et al.

Had a wonderful time in the mountains. Awesome top-down ride through the mountains on the way home.
                M3, did you see Daily OM today?

Det, time to troubleshoot the mood you were in and having open booze in the house? Deadly combination. Let us hear you're alright when you get back.

Eek! Gotta do some stuff before business day closes.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

I really get the fun fair analogy Bean. Brilliant. Wonderfully put. It (AL) also has that other worldy feel to it and contorts the way you veiw yourself (in the fun mirror) supposed to be fun but is basically really bizarre when you think about it.

Thanks DG, for making me feel welcome.

Deter, OMG I hope you get to detox soon. Your physiology is trying to tell you something. Let us know how you are feeling.

kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Jenny - please play the tape back of that last night of drinking. The embarrassment. The falling down. The sprained ankle. All of it. THEN come back and write out what's in that tape, but how you want to drink anyway. (I don't think you will want to drink anyway. ) THIS TO SHALL PASS. Every time you resist these urges, you gain strength in your sobriety. So take this opportunity to build up your strength and kick some AL ass. :b&d: Good luck on your test!

Mario, good to see you!!! What would it take for you to become a regular on this thread?

GREENIE!!!!!! I've been out more than in for so long I didn't know you were going to the mountains! Sounds heavenly. Must have been a nice warm up for when we all become uninvited guests at Kaslo's place.

M3, I was thinking about you on my long walk this afternoon and I hope what I said earlier while keeping things short didn't come off as insensitive. I am REALLY sensitive to your situation. Sometimes it's just not possible to try to keep the family together. :l I hope for your wholeness and that of your daughter no matter what happens with Mr. M3. Does he need a haircut?

Thinking of Det..... And Dx too.

No drinking for you Jenny. Make a list of what you love about your sober time and a list of all the crap that happens when you drink. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

One thing is for sure....

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

I'm better I think, I stop at WENDYS on the way out of work and got a chocolate frosty and by the time I pasted the AL store I was so full the craving got knocked right out. Not good for my diet but better than vodka would have been. . . I went back and read my post from 30 days ago. . .(and DG I broke my ankle) and listen to Kati Perry's song "last friday night" and yes I remember why I don't drink. I hope hope hope the craving does not come back that strong for the rest of the week at least. Thank you for the support. I take more than I give from the site but I hope that won't be the case forever. I am still weak against AL for now but I hope that won't be the case forever also.
                      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

good job Jenny! we can do this together. I'll walk with you. it may be my first day again but I know this path well.

I'm back from the doctors. got some meds to fight back withdrawals so I'm sure I'll be dopey the next couple days. at least I'll be doing this safely. the doc reminded me today that AL withdrawal can be deadly. frightening thought.

my trigger is pretty embarrassing really. I got a raise on Friday and celebrated. a friend whipped out his credit card and said 'it's on me' and the rest is a horrid blur. I'm just incredible thankful I didn't hurt anyone or get in a DUI.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Det, it's so good to see you back here. I'm glad you have meds to detox safely. No more raises for you I guess, you silly garlic man. :b&d: I too am thankful that nothing worse happened. How is Dx?

Jenny, I'm so proud of you! Just keep going one day at a time. See how our minds work? Even my mind softened up what happened from a break to a sprain. Truthful tapes (and friends) are a must! Never forget that helping others is a key component of most of our sobriety plans. Part of what keeps me sober is passing on the gift of support that has been so freely given to me. So don't ever feel bad thinking you "take." We are ALL giving and recieving simultaneously. :l

This thread today just makes me think of what is magical about AA that is also magical here at MWO. People are getting sober - one alcoholic talking to another one. There are so many more tools today that help. But still - one alcoholic talking to another one is such a big part of it. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people sharing this journey both in person and in cyber space.

I'm off to the showers to wrap up another sober day. Thank the universe for that.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Good morning,
                            Going away for a week,
                            When I get back I hope to start droping in here more often. see you all then, be safe,sober and happy.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

Travel savely Mario! Are you traveling for business or fun? Where are you going? Would LOVE to have you drop in more!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Daily AF ~ 14 June

hey fabbers! wrote a long long post last nite around midnite, just about to hit send when my laptop overheated and turned off! Arggghhh!!

At work now but just want to send :l to those who need them (M3, Jenny, Det, Bean, Bear and anyone else I missed), big CONGRATS to our milestone achievers! Kas and PG for 5 and 3 months!! Big hello to Mario, MM and AA-please come back regularly you guys!

Everyone else who's a regular or just flying by, good to see you! I'm sure I'll catch up tonite.

DG and Greenie-glad you both had a great time at your respective "retreats"!

Gotta go! :h
                                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X