Joyful June - Week 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Lav, your anniversary is today??? I am sorry...talk about 30 something years of memories flooding back! You amaze me with your ability to deal with this day AF! I am sure you are wishing that your marriage had turned out to be happier, and frustrated that despite all your efforts, you couldn't help YB. Please know that you are our beloved thread matron, revered and loved by all here :-)

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Hi all

Sorry I have been a bit off the radar. Work has been busy and I am trying to keep up my gym routine so not much time to myself. I am off to philadelphia tomorrow for work. Not been since I applied to college so it will be good to see the city again.

Dew - i hope you are doing well and taking it easy. I admire your strength and positive attitude though all of this. You are a star.

Lav - I hope you are doing ok today. Remember, you are an amazing person and an absolute joy to know. You are one of the most encouraging and supportive people I have met. YB is a mug. It is his HUGE loss.

Chill - how's the job? Sounds like you are having fun and enjoying life. I believe that people come in and out of your life at certain times for certain reasons and it seems like you and mr grump are benefitig each other as it is giving both of you perspective.

To everyone else a big HELLO and a :l

Xx
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

:welcome: back Shelly!! Please stick with us but like everyone else has said, use the power of this site to help you find your way out. We've missed you!!

Chill-congrats on day 1 flying solo!! You will rock this job!! Probably will make President by years end!! I have no doubt your wonderful spirit and peace will rub off on him even if he doesn't really change. I too love all the charactors you are meeting!! It's fun being the fly :H

Rusty-yea on the new wheels!! How exciting!! And France just around the corner!! Whoo hoo!!

Lav-so sorry about YB and the anniversery. Is it time to do what's best for you sweet lady????

Dew-So glad you are keeping in touch with us. I can only imagine how scary this whole process has been. You are handling it with your customary calm and grace. Gentle hugs and thoughts winging their way to you for the round of treatments you face. :h

LBH and Shelly-the news reports of the fires are so awful! And now the threat of the nuclear reactor being compromised? Very glad you are both safe right now. don't hesitate to head east to MA if you need to leave. I've got the Paphut almost ready for guests!! Fenced in yard for doggies.

My big news is that I bought a new sewing machine!! I brought mine to Quilting last nite on a whim. Decided I needed to really work with it to get used to it. This is the one my SIL gave me that she had had for years. She had warned me it had problems with binding up but I had it serviced over the holidays and it seemed to be working great. Then all of a sudden BAM! There was a big mess of tangles under the material. My quilt instructor couldn't figure it out. Coincidently the shop next door had had a yard sale over the weekend and she was deeply discounting a number of machines. 50% or more! I found a nice basic model by Husqvarna for $89, regularly $299!! I decided that this was an investment I can't pass up and considering it will probably cost more to fix the Singer than it is worth made the choice a no brainer. I'm enjoying the quilting so much and have big plans on a new belly band design (for the dogs). I got to try it out and it is so smooth and quiet. I'm so excited about this and can definitely see myself learning to sew more than blocks and bands.

Tomorrow is a busy day with a doctors appointment, groomer's appointment and mowing the tundra. Too bad I have to go into work on Friday. That would have been nice to have a 5 day weekend!!

Time for bed. See you all in the morning!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Good morning everyone

Big cyber hugs today to our Lav. You are a wonderful lady and so important to all of us. I Know how these dates get the memories going. I admire you so much for staying so strong with Al in the face of all you deal with.

:welcome: Shelly, so good to hear from you again. LBH has put it beautifully as usual. Please stick with us on this thread, we missed you.

Call out to Sooty and Dill, another two ladies I miss reading about.

Rusty - Enjoy your time biking and around the lake and good luck with the new car. I take it the trip to France is for work. Any chance of some leisure time.

Chill - Well done on coping on your own. You have achieved so much over the past few months.

Star - I have not had that Sunday feeling since I finished working outside the home. You sound good again, stay strong.

Papmom - Enjoy many of years of happiness with your new sewing machine.

Dew - Sending you healing vibes as usual.

Cassia - Enjoy Philadelphia. That's where hubby was born, must visit one day.

Well have to dash, am spending the day shopping with both daughters. They are going to a concert at the week-end so are looking for something to wear!! I'm jus the walking wallet. Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Oh Shelly it?s lovely to hear from you and into your second week as well! Please hang around and come back to the thread because we have missed you :l

Lav I?m thinking of you today along with everyone here, and you know if YB doesn?t appreciate the significance of today for you we all surely do. Just a suggestion but maybe today is the opportunity to acknowledge all the good that came from the marriage and then firmly close the door on the past. Make tomorrow a new day and a new start with the rest of Miss Lav?s new life..... just a thought :l

Rustop
            you are not just the walking wallet and I don?t think for one minute your girls will think like that either now or later, you are giving them the kind of childhood/teenage years everyone would dream of. ps enjoy spending

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Good morning friends on this last day of June & my anni.
              Thanks for holding me up again this year. I am having a hard time closing the door on the past primarily because it's not my choice to do so - this split was forced on me. Sometimes I wish I could work up some viscious anger towards YB but I just can't. My Mom's words kep bouncing through my head - 'Discretion is the better part of valour'. I wish I could forget that

Rustop, I felt like the walking wallet with my kids too until they graduated from college :H

Dewdrop, hope you are on the mend friend!

Papmom, enjoy that new sewing machine

Cassia, have a good, safe day in Philadelphia! Goodness, there were 32 shootings, 5 of them fatal in the city last weekend. I just don't go there anymore

Rusty, I've been called a lot of things over the years but 'matron' has not been one of them :H
              Thank you for your friendship!

Today's mission is to find my missing reading glasses (pathetic, right?) & find a better topical treatment for the poison ivy rash creeping up my left arm ~ lovely!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

What an emotionally complex day to negotiate your way through, Lav, I join others in thinking of you and wishing you peace in your heart. I shall be glad to see the end of June myself as the month was aptly described today by a reporter in a front page article as the ?glummest on record?. Thank you everybody for understanding how gruesome these forest wildfires are, there are several new ones today, it just won't stop:upset:.

It is good to hear what everybody is doing. Diverting and sweet. I think a sewing machine is an investment that has stood the test of more than two centuries, Pappy. Cassia, I love Philadelphia, the Reading Market is always a fun destination if you are downtown but you know that. Keep healing Dew, I think about you everyday:l. I laughed at you being a ?walking wallet? Rustop, but I still see you hauling a little horsebox through the heather. Alaska must have been a wonderful place to grow up, mylife, I once worked with a woman who told me her family lived in a remote area and took a small boat or little plane everywhere because there were no roads and stored food in a glacier! It sounds like the new job, Star, has given you new freedom as well, and Chill, what can one say, a new job and an evolving cast of characters with their own curious stories to tell. I hope things worked out with your SUV, Rusty, it is fun to have a new ?ride?. Hi Cyn and those who may still stop by today, hopefully Shelley, Dill, Sooty, et. al. Love, Ladybird.
                may we be well

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Just about 9 pm here so I think it's safe to say I made it through the day!!!

I ended up taking my daughter & Lily out for lunch & to the furniture store to pick out my new dresser & night stand for my room. My son-in-law stopped by & helped move the old furniture out so I have an almost empty room so I can begin to paint tomorrow. They stayed for dinner so I could keep my mind off of my woes.

Must run out & close up the chickens for the night.
                  Wishing everyone a good night & thank all of you

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Joyful June - Week 3/4

Morning everyone, It will take me a little while to get used to posting here but here I shall post :-),

Heading of to work soon,I work as a truck driver and drive all around Ireland,I love driving it gives me another sense of freedom.everyone have a great sober happy day :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                    X