Daily Aberoos-Saturday June 25, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhhh..... don't wake the crew! Just thought I would pop in and start the thread. Off to WW despite torrential downpours and T&L. Be back later.
    tip toe, tip toe.....
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Hiya P3,

A safe, sober and magical day to all.

(new album, hopefully august)
    G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

P3!!! I came on here all excited because I have a very funny story to tell and I think YOU will be particularly inspired by it!!!! So how cool that you started the thread today!!! I hope you have a very positive experience at WW today. I've been so up and down with it, but I've been going every Sunday to an early meeting with a very calm and low key and sweet leader, and a really nice low key (fairly small, compared to my old meeting) group. It's been really good for me. I managed to get sugar free for over a month and then I BLEW IT in the last 10 days and so have been fighting the sugar monster again. I'm hoping for today to be day 2 SF. When will I learn to stop banging my head against that wall? I guess in my world of addiction switching, I'm running out of things to switch to so my pea brain is hanging on tight to that one.

HI fABbies!!!! Special shout outs to EVERYONE!!! Kaz, is the garden tour tomorrow? Or today and tomorrow? (I seem to recall Sunday!) WE WANT VIDEO!! And you too Inchy! How are you? Is your fiance back home now? Bean? Jenny? Loppy? All newcomers and long time 29-year olds alike?

OK. For the funny story. Mr. Doggy sells a lot of stuff out of the basement on e-bay. It's been a real eye opener for me how one man's junk truly is another man's treasure. So last night at dinner we were talking about something he bought on e-bay a couple years ago - it's a framed picture of Willy Wonka, and also in the frame are one of the candy wrappers and a golden ticket. All with certs of authenticity. He bought them from a guy (on e-bay) who was adversising a "divorce fire sale." He was selling his Willy Wonka collection at rediculous low prices so his wife couldn't have it. (family drama anyone?) Anyway...he was watching a show on TV the other night about antiques and the candy wrapper was mentioned - apparently those go for over $3,000. The golen tickets way more. Of course, he's not selling.

But this DID prompt him - late last night - to do a little research on an interesting item that he's had in a box for years. One of his uncles, years ago, gave him an antique erector set. Inside that box, holding some parts, was an antique tin condom container. :H Dont' know how many years ago it was that condoms came in containers like that! Anyway...he did a little digging and figured it's worth at least $250.00 :egad: So he put it on e-bay with a $250 minimum and right away 2 people are watching it. Holy cow. If he ends up selling an old condom container for $250 I think I will die laughing.

Never underestimate your crap. Never. That is all.

Mean time...I hope all the MWO AF Daily bathrooms are in tip top shape and draining fABulously! I'm heading to Lav's for a shower.

One thing is for sure...

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

X-Post G-Bloke! A NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!! Do you have more songs we can preview? I love the ones you gave us before. I will buy your album when it's released so make sure you give us info about it when the time comes!! YEAH!!!!! Sobriety totally rocks, doesn't it?

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Morning P3, G-Man, and DG,

DG, What an awesome and funny story.

I'm on my way out the door for the first full day of my yoga workshop. I will be there from 8 am to 6 pm. It is intense but very good. I am ripe for the next level of change and it seems like this is just what the doctor ordered. There are 25 people in the class. The youngest is a Junior from high school and the oldest is 1 year older than me :H

New Album "G" Very cool.

Have a great AF day.

Hello to all to come.

M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

M3 - so the oldest in the class is 30, right? Have an awesome day. Sounds intense but some great "you" time for geting ready for....whatever is next.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Looking forward to a nicer day weatherwise today
              A little relief from the heat & humidity will be mych appreciated!!!

Papmom, I've forgotten all about WW - I was doing an online program & simply forgot all about it :H
              Hope you did grea!

DG - too funny about your ebay listing ~ I'll have to look that one up but I won't be bidding :H
              I really should go thru the stuff yB left behind. He was a collector of incredible junk which could be someone elses treasure.

M3, enjoy your yoga day. I hate being the youngest or the oldest anywhere I go - blending in to the crowd suits my personality!!

Hi there Mr G

Must go feed & water chickens!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all! Made it though another Friday night, oddly, with flying colors this time. Ate a little more than usual but hey whats a little food? It's sure not AL! I made another 91 on my math test this week and an 83 on my English paper which I am happy with cause the last one I made a 72. The teacher does not like my run on sentences. . .much like the last sentence I just wrote and this one now. . .lol.

I had an epiphany last night...one one the worst days of my life started my drinking career. . .and one of the worst days of my life ended it. . .now that is full circle wouldn't you say! 42 days today baby and I am rockin the sober life! Rock on fabbies!

Good morning P3, M3, Mr.G and DG and LAV! DG my husband will love that stories, he is a collector of crap too, maybe its a man thing! M3 I would love to join you today. I started running again Wednesday. My ankle is tolerating it but barley! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Oh bear has 30 days! You go girl! Where are you by the way?
                  You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                  Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi hi Abstinerinkas... Holey Craperoly, its 7 degrees C out there, been peeing rain since last September, and tomorrow is the show. Hope it dries up long enough to mow the tundra!

BTW I dont speak any foriegn languages, except badly in French, and Im just an eegit. Malgre is the word for inspite of, I think. I am not using it correctly that much is for sure. I am met with a cold stare by the truly French. Being a tenth gen Canuck, I relish that opportunity. Je suis seperatiste, a la Cascadia. I.e I would like to have another country in North America. Possibly two, if we get to have California and Oregon. You Yankees can have Washington. Deal? Ok enough stupidity.

DG, too funny. My first soninlaw was a Craigslist Ebay dealer, he actually made what he considered a living at it, i.e. my daughter paid all the bills and he surfed on the net. His schtick was to to go to concerts and try to get autographs from the stars then deal them. Sports stars too. What a schmo. At least he didnt try to kill my daughter like the second soninlaw. Yes, really. She seems to have gone off men, now. What with two little kids one and two.

Jenny, you are doing very well at school, that must be very gratifying to increase your grades, well done! Go Bear, (thanks Jen for reminding us...).

P3, the experience with your dad, that was awful, I sympathize. Similar with my mom. She was always disapearing and not in the best of health, and occassionally surfaced in hospital... so yeah.

M3 I can not imagine a session of yoga from early to the end of the day. I think they would have to take me out on a stretcher at the end of the day.

Lav, blending in is the only way to go. i wish I actually COULD blend in, and I am sure there are more than a few who wish I WOULD blend in. Also wish I had chickens....

Speaking of stretchers, gotta go. The show is tomorrow. I have to mow the LAWN, at least, and another round of picking up and putting away and weeding and and and. Putting a sign up Enter at your own risk, lol. PINK tape, I love it. No pix till after the mowing.

Have a great AF Saturday folks.

kas
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

DG-that was too funny! What cool stories they are. I think I have to go on EBay and find his condom tin. Just to see! I'm still having ebay/craigslist fear. something about the shipping is really holding me back. I'm also afraid that I will end up selling something for less than what it will cost to ship. I know I just have to jump in there and git 'er done!! Oh procrastination, thou art my middle name!!

M3- you rock with the all day yoga but I'm with kas-they'd have to take me out on a stretcher!!

Kas- many good wishes that the rain stops for the garden tour tomorrow. Can't wait for pics!!

Jenny-way to go on the papers and exams!! Whoo hoo!!

Bear-30 days done! On to 60 K?

G-can't wait for the album in August. I have bought ONE song off of Itunes in the 3 years I've had an Ipod. Can't wait to buy my first album!!

So WW was OK. Done 1.4 for a total of 8. Sub leader today and she was hysterical!! I think I might have to find out where she usually leads. I got a lot of good ideas for gettng the motivation back to exercise. One of which is to do what you love and for me that is swimming. Always has been. I'm a fish. My problem is that the few places that offer swimming memberships are soooo expensive. And none of my employers have had a pool in the fitness center. what is wrong with them? I will be checking it out tho because if I can make it work, that should be something I will stick with.

Neighbor that I share drive with is having a yard sale and so far the rain has held off after a wicked storm early this morning. I'm talking deluge!!
                      Anyway, I've had this large tub filled with stuff I keep meaning to drop off at Savers or Goodwill. I donated it to her yard sale and I'm hoping I don't have to take a lot back. After only a few hours she had already sold $100 worth of stuff and most of it is junk. Truly. in 2006 I had yardsales on 2 weekends. It was professional looking with tables and easy ups, every thing marked clearly, advertised etc. I barely made $100 total. Just goes to show how different the economy is these days. I'm sure if I held another one I would do well but it's way too much work and the last one just left a bad taste in my mouth as I ended up giving away a ton of stuff just so I wouldn't have to bring it all back in.

I've got to get busy and plan my shopping spree. See you tonite!!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Lav, you must love your current age then!!! 29 year olds blend in nicely nearly everywhere we go!!!!! We are (finally!) having a gorgeous day here too. Lunch is over and as soon as I type this, I'm heading out to the garden.

Jenny, CONGRATULATIONS ON THOSE GOOD GRADES!!! :yougo: Your teacher would be on me too for run on sentences. And it's especially great that Fridays are getting easier. Keep up the fABulous work!

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS BEAR ON 30 DAYS AF!!!:yougo:

Kaz - good thing Mr. Doggy is not quite the "e-bay/Craigslister" that your SIL was. If Mr. Doggy was making a living at this, he would be doing it alone, I assure you! As it is, when he wants to buy a new "toy" he has to sell an old "toy" first. That is a good arrangement. Have fun mowing, etc.

P3 - maybe you can find a pool place that would let you do a little work in exchange for a free membership? The Curves owner does that all the time. I'm glad your Dad is OK too!

There is a firm bid for $250 on the condom tin. And the bidding is open for 10 more days. Too bad it's the 3-condom tin rather than the 1-condom tin as those apparently go for even more. :H These are from the early 1900's.

P3 - Mr. Doggy boxes stuff up before he puts up the auction. (he just waits to put the final seal on the box. That way he can weigh it and be sure of shipping costs, and also by having it packed, he is prepared to ship it fast once the auction is over. That part is very important as any delay in shipping can really cost you in your seller rating. I can ask him more about how he makes sure to never get burned on shipping costs if you want.

OK - off to the garden. Oh - another funny. I just got up this morning and threw on some workout clothes and put some water on my bed head. Then I went to the grocery store, farmers market, and a couple other places. LOL - I had some green goop still on my face from last night zapping a few zits. :H Nobody had the courage to tell my I had some green dots on my face.

AA - I like the shingles!

OK - I'm way over the smilie limit. One thing is for sure....

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

IS there a smilie limit? Ok I know. Well I am in sneaking a glass of grapejuice before going back out to the patch. Lawns mowed, path through the poppy bed cleaned around the stepping stones, now its back out to put in the new raspberry plants, and a coupla rhodos my daughter bought for me yesterday and then cruising for grass heads and then I AM DONE. P3 come to my house, kay? Its hard to do laps but the pool is lovely. You are welcome any time.

DG....I once found myself in Eatons (used to be a rather toney Canadian dept store) with a pair of underwear trailing out behind me from the bottom of my garden pants, PLUS had them on inside out and backwards, from putting them in on the dark early hours.... this was what I saw in the mirror. Wondered why I was getting somewhat odder looks than usual.

Also have been mistaken for a bum on the street in Victoria, BY A BUM. I was carrying my box of lichens for identification back to my office. A rough looking man stepped out of the shadows to ask for spare change, looked at me and said... "Oh sorry, man. The lights really bad here!"

Smiley limit, indeed. Ha.
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Weeeeeeee! Top of the Saturday ABeroooos far and wide.

just back from the shooting range with an AF friend where I shot a quick little video clip to experiment with the video recording mode on new camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjidzohRuUc&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]]YouTube - ‪LMT .308 Elcan Specter and Battle Comp‬‏

then made a Super Fritata(R) yummarooo.

Bear, totally stoked for you at 30 days!

Doggygirl, I'm a huge Ebayer! I have 875 positive transactions... hows that!? I try to sell more than i buy but you know how us gadget nuts are

Jenny, super job on the schoolwork. I like all sentences whether run on, run in circles or in stereo...it's all good so there!

Guitarista, lets see some toonage eh?

be well peeps and lets do this weekend AF

xxxx
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

CONGRATS to bear on 30 AF days - YAY!!! Keep going girl

Kaslo, I'll be there tomorrow - just look for the 29 year old with the big blue head :H

Did some house cleaning, went out for hair cut, did some food shopping, now I'm sitting. Mi Mom's just a bit tired but looking forward to some garden time when the heat & sun let up a bit!

Here's 4 month old, blue eyed Lily!

I'll be back
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X