Daily Aberoos-Saturday June 25, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bean, I truly know exactly what you are going through. When I first came here I did 60 days AF and then thought I would try som drinking. I realized within a week that wasn't working - but it took me a very long time to get back on the wagon. A couple days AF, then relapse. A couple more days, relapse. You are NOT ALONE!!!! I wish I could tell you exactly what it was that got me back to AF status. I'm not even 100% sure. All I know is that you cannot give up. That is the only way to fail - quit trying. So KEEP TRYING!

I have learned that honesty is a dear friend of mine in sobriety. When it comes to AL, I have an amazing ability to think I can BS myself and others. I can't allow myself to go there. AA helps keep me honest. I'm not saying go to AA - just saying you might want to find some outlet where it's impossible to BS yourself and/or others.

What can you put into your plan to change things up? I like Deter's list suggestions too.

Kaz - WOW your garden / yard / deck is GORGEOUS!!! I wish you would be my univited guest and help me with landscaping! I hope the tour is fantastic today.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

That's it. House going on the market tomorrow as is. Will sell Paphut and go into massive debt to buy mid sized motor home. Then will head cross country to be Kas's live in garden helper and field assistant. Once there I will sell MH and buy a yurt. There seems to be plenty of room for one and it won't be big, I promise. Just big enough for the dogs, cats, and me. Of course I'll have to put a fence around it so the bears don't get my pups. But, I think this could work out, don't you???

:H :H :H :H :H :H I sort of wish I was serious

Bean, Here's the thing. You HATE drinking. That comes through loud and clear. Whatever compells you to do it,that is what you've got to figure out. Please get some help. Figure it out so you can deal with the cravings and the triggers head on. Otherwise you are going to be caught in this viscious circle forever. By the way your friend is spot on. You ARE BSing yourself and setting yourself up to fail. That is all.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
      X