AF Daily - Sunday June 26, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone - hanging in, thou barely - so close to getting in car down to market for a bottle or two. Pulled out laptop and posting and reading.
    thanks for all the support, I will try so hard.
    Love B & J's Det, especially the Vanilla - yummy, in attmpt to cut down wight, has anyone tried skinny cows? They have a mint cone that is REALLY good, big enough and only 150 cals, 5gms fat!!!
    Kas - your garden is beautiful, what a wonderful part of the world and the views are incredible! Thanks for sharing...
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

And what is 2 bottles of wine going to solve for you SL? Will they make you happier? Will they get rid of whatever is causing you distress? My guess is that they will make everything worse. Go into chat, keep reading and posting, make some tea or a nice fruit drink and give yourself a chance to get to tomorrow morning and get beyond the cravings. :l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom, you can shoot with me anytime it's my long-time favorite sport and pastime.

ok pet lovers, a little treat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=D85yrIgA4Nk&feature=player_embedded[/video]]YouTube - Dog, Cat, and Rat
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

papmom3;1137520 wrote: And what is 2 bottles of wine going to solve for you SL? Will they make you happier? Will they get rid of whatever is causing you distress? My guess is that they will make everything worse. Go into chat, keep reading and posting, make some tea or a nice fruit drink and give yourself a chance to get to tomorrow morning and get beyond the cravings. :l
          Hello Abbers,

Papmom. I am just so amazed with how present and honest you are for everyone, especially when they are struggling. We are lucky to have you here.

Did a quick read through of the threads. Beautiful garden (Kaslo) and chicken (Lav) photos and interesting ebay items DG.

The yoga workshop ended at 6pm tonight. It was incredibly intense physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I have been toying around with yoga teacher training for a while...made the commitment today and signed up. The 220 hour training starts in September and ends in February. I am fired up and ready to go!!!

M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

awesome Mom3! what a wonderful new branch in your life and one that you love
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

What fun momof3 - collegues have encouraged me to try yoga and I have never taken the plunge - maybe you should give us a class! It is supposed to be so good for the complete person, mind and body. Well done for signing up!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

M3-that is AWESOME!! A friend of mine completed Bikram training a couple of years ago and she loves it!! She took time off to have a baby but is now back part time and is soooo happy!! Keep that fire going until Sept. You will be so glad you did this!!

Oh Deter-I would love to come shoot with you! Hmmm, maybe I'll just check out local clubs. Just to see.......

The local country club had it's annual July 4th fireworks show at 9pm. I get to watch it from my deck through the trees. Still, it's pretty awesome. I'm so lucky that none of my animals are bothered by fireworks or thunder.

As I fed the kids tonite I gazed upon the full cubboard and was so thankful they will have enough to eat for the next month. It was such a pleasure shopping for them yesterday AND I kept to my budget!! I shopped for myself too and saved $47 with store specials and store coupons. I didn't use one manufacturer coupon and that is fine with me. I'm eating much more from the perimeter of the store rather than the processed foods in the interior and that's what all the coupons are for.

Seriously, I've watched the Extreme Couponing show and just have no clue how they do it. Every coupon in the Sunday paper says "No Doubling", and 95% of the "store" coupons you get at checkout are actually manufacturer coupons(but you can only use them at that store) so you can't use them with the ones from the circular. And the store coupons I used yesterday that were truly store coupons couldn't be used with any other offer or combined so even if I did have a manufacturer coupon I couldn't use. HOW DO THEY DO IT?????
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pap3 thats GREAT! Right up your alley, I am sure you will do well. And a great thing to teach. So useful and helpful for healing.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the Garden Tour. I am knackered! It was a beautiful day and for the first time for this garden, it was very well attended. I live in a town with only 7 thousand people but these tours are well organized and attended and people come from all of the other small towns and around to see the gardens.. mine was one of about 10 I think. I did not have a minute all day, busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest, as they say. Or do they say that? Anyway, it was fun, interesting, very friendly, exhausting and....we made 80 bucks in donations for the local injured bird rescue centre. Thanks again for all your wishes for a nice day. It was great!!!

Scots L sorry to hear you have had a bad patch in quitting. It sure is discouraging, I know I have been there, many times. (I had usually told myself I LIKE DRINKING, but I was lying through my teeth, at the time).

I think Loppy is on to something. The ONLY reason I made it to 5.5 months now is because I started asking myself what set me off, why I did this, what was the thing or things that was REALLY bugging me and why I was turning to AL for relief. Once I did that I was able to get out of spinning my wheels with quitting. But I also just really hated alcohol by the time I quit. It was NOT doing it for me. I sense you are really starting to hate it too, (and same for Bean, actually) so I hope you can see your way clearly throught this soon.

Det I like the idea of chopping the fecker up and burning it out on the pool deck but is a French Imperial banquet table, parkay oak inlaid (see photo below), and I think that might actually get me jailed by the antique police in my fam. Still I have replaced it with a NEW table that doesnt tremble when you sit at it.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

eeeeek! don't chop up that one. I'm in awe when I see carpentry like that. wood and I just don't get along too well. I communicate nicely with food.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kas, thanks for thinking of me

Comment

Working...
                      X