Jaunty July - Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaunty July - Week 1

Good Mornin my Jaunty Friends! It is friday and I do have the whole weekend to look forward to. My last one without anything scheduled!!

Dew-you sound very upbeat and at peace. Enjoy your readings and the relaxation.

Star-sounds like a busy but enjoyable weekend for you too. Hope you're getting better weather than we are right now!

Lav-can you send some zucchini muffins up here? I never did get my garden going and now it too late!

Hey Mario! glad your traveling has ended for now and you can relax over the weekend!

It's a very stormy morning which makes me nervous because 1. I HATE T-storms as you all know and 2. I won't go into the shower during one. My interview is in 2 hours and 15 min and I'm getting very worried about the timing. Hoping this storm is fast moving!! I'm excited to meet this woman. I had a marathon shopping session with my sis and niece and although I didn't find what I wanted (since when is a size 16 the new 18??? ) I did find something very appropriate and very different for me. The bad thing is my sister tells me I have to wear stocking with it-no bare legs for an interview! :upset: I HATE Pantyhose almost as much as T-Storms :H. I will do some food shopping afterwards but as soon as I can I'll hop on here and tell you all about it.

Until this afternoon then....
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Good Morning Jaunty Journeyers!

Papmom...I am sending you positive vibes and prayers for this interview! You will do just great, and if that job is meant to be yours, you will get it!:l Your positive energy, strength and intelligence will be noticed, I'm sure. I'm with you on the pantyhose....when I was thin, I wore them all the time and loved it....now, if I put a pair on, I would feel like a sausage.:H As far as the size problem....it's ridiculous with women's clothing because there is NO consistency between what constitutes a 16 or and 18. I know because I've been both sizes. You go, woman....and KICK SOME ASS!!!!:h

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Good morning Jaunters!

papmom, good luck today
        Hate the panty hose myself ~ it's been a while I wish we would have some T storms here - they seem to be all around us. The humidity has been oppressive

Star, glad to hear your weather is a bit nicer, enjoy!

Rusty, are you leaving tomorrow??
        Do you have room in your suitcase for moi?? I would love one more tip to Paris but it's not likely to happen. I'll just have to look at my old pics & remember!

OK, time to get something done today!
        Wishing everyone a good AF Friday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Hello Journeyers,

I am back for a brief second. My "vacation" this week has turned into 1/2 work and 1/2 play...oh, those pesky clients think they need my advice 24/7!!!

Papmom-hope the interview went well! Why are you afraid of T-Storms? My sober for 3 years aunt feels the same way you do.

Lav, I'm glad to hear that you got more work. I will have work for you, too, in the future, and the list keeps growing! Lav, yes, I leave tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it, but I was reading Greeneyes' post on the Daily Thread about worry....and it's so true. I worry and fret needlessly so many times. This madness must stop now. It is a waste of energy. Also, I would love to take you with me this year. Next year is a possibility. Regarding YB....I am glad you put your foot down!!:goodjob: How can you have any sense of closure when his stuff is all over the place?

Rustop-what are you doing for yourself this summer besides being a Lovely Chauffeuress?

Chill-where are you, friend? I worry when you don't check in. Please pop in. You know how I am...a big worry wart.

Dew-how are you feeling today?

Star-Any plans for the weekend?

Cassia-what is the ETA for your husband?

Hello to Mario, LBH, Mylife, Jolie, Shelley and anyone I may have missed. Bye for now but I will be back later.

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Hi everyone

Rusty - I am a full time groom as well as chauffeur. Spent from about 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the stables today. She had a lesson, then cleaned tack while he went out to grass for an hour and then he had to be washed from top to bottom as there is a show tomorrow. I am groom and chauffeur tomorrow. Its not just clients who are pesky, teens take some beating. I am expected to participate in all aspects of his beauty treatments, from scrubbing muck off him to plaiting his tail. Other daughter has gone off camping with friends this week-end so I am only coping with one. Safe travels to France, let us know how you are getting on.

Papmom - Fingers crossed that interview went ok. Did you have a bad experience with T-storms?

Lav - good for you re YB stuff. You may not feel it but slowly and surely you are moving on. I can see it from a distance just reading about the stuff you are doing.

Star - thank you for your kind words. This is not the easiest of summer's but I am so thankful to be getting through it AF. There is absolutely no way I could cope with it if I were still drinking.

Everyone else big hello and have a great AF week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Hi Guys :wavin:

Sorry Rusty, thanks for your concern. Im doing great, just flat out and tired.
              Had lots of evening viewings this week plus early mornings at the gym, in between I seem to just eat and sleep,
              I promise to catch up with you all tomorrow
              Yipee.....weekend! inkele:

I have my date tonight with my childhood friend who has flown in from Geneva for the weekend and who I havent seen for 20 years.
              Im meeting him at a nearby restaurant for dinner at 8pm so im dashing off to walk Elle now then have a soak in the bath.....:bath2:
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Greetings rusty, rustop & chill!

Did my best to not worry but Ms. Lily went in for an Ultrasound of the hip today. Last week her Pediatrician noticed that she has uneven gluteal folds (butt cheeks). The US was ordered to R/O hip dysplasia. Turned out just fine - my daughter called a little while ago. Likely the discrepancy is due to uneven muscle development (rolling to the one side more than the other). Lily has never had any discomfort & is rolling over normally for a 4 month old. Glad I didn't get into my usual worry mode, helped keep my daughter calm too

chill, enjoy your dinner out, sounds nice.

Bon Voyage Mlle. Rusty

rustop, hope you take some time for yourself this weekend. I ran myself ragged for way too many years ~ not doing that anymore
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Evening everyone.
                  The interview left me feeling unsettled and I hate that! No, no offer yet gosh darn it! She is interviewing one other person as backup so I guess that is a positive thing. Like she said, what if I say no? She doesn't even know the salary range and didn't want to know what my requirements are until she knows the range. I'm so afraid it's going to be even lower than Job #1 but I'm trying very hard to think the worst.

I like her,however, she does go on and on about herself!! What is it with these insecure bosses? But, I don't think she has the mean streak in her that I've been privvy to the last 8 years. She says she's not a micro manager and she says she's looking for someone who can step into her shoes when she retires (might be sooner than I thought even tho she is one year younger than me). She's happy to be there and very excited. She likes my qualifications and I think she likes the fact I know so much about the school. She was able to witness some interaction I had with some other colleagues I hadn't seen in a long time and I think she liked what she saw. She won't be able to make a decision until Tuesday tho. I am so sick of waiting!!! Argggghhhhh!! I hope she liked me and thought we could work well together. I also hope the salary is matching. Nothing to do but put everything out of my mind for now.

Chill-glad to hear from you. I totally get how wiped you are. Hope you had a fabulous time with your old friend tonite.

LVT-I'm sure your daughter truly appreciates all you do for her. She better!!

Rusty-safe travels to France my friend. Please check in when you get there. T-storms? No idea why I'm so afraid of them. I guess I don't feel safe even in the house unless I'm below ground. Too many horror stories out there about people getting hit in their houses.

Dew-you are going to LOVE Freecycle!! Knowing that you've prevented something from going to the landfill is great but even greater is knowing your unwanted item will be used by someone who really needs or wants it. Have fun!!

I'm exhausted and throat is feeling sore (probably just allergies) so will make it an early nite. WW and vet appointment tomorrow. Other than that no plans.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Good morning all, well had a really busy work week,Was working yesterday which wasn't part of the plan, but its saturday now so time to chill out and take it easy,I hope.

Hope you all have a lovely and successful weekend no matter what your up to :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Happy Saturday guys

Papmom - Its disappointing she didnt know the salary range, that may have knocked it on the head and saved you the waiting anguish. I know its easy for me to say but if its meant you will get it. It was great she saw you interacting with colleagues and everything else she said sounded positive. Is the decision her's alone? I hope you keep busy over the weekend and can relax. Im getting better at putting things out of my mind these days, i think its all part of my spiritual growth, I can observe my emotions without totally becoming them, if that makes sense. Oh and I just watched the 1st two episodes of Burn Notice and loved it! Thanks for the recommendation, im planning a night in tonight to watch more.

Mario - So lovely for you to pop by, next time stay for a green tea

Lav - Great news about Lily! You too seem to be dealing well with emotions these days, we are all learning but moving forward and its wonderful to see each other grow. I wish I was nearby I SO love zucchinis.....

I had a nice evening with my friend last night. However, his marriage has just ended and he seemed to think he could start up a romance with me. Im actually getting tired of men these days who seem to just take it for granted that I will feel the same as they do. I SO dont feel that way about this man who I have known since I was 3 years old and im trying to deal with it very gently as i dont want to ruin a lifelong friendship.

In other soap opera style news, I had another bizzare turn of events, I was contacted via the dating site by a man who looked vaguely familiar but who I had known to be married and living in a completely different part of the country. He also had no hair compared the person he resembled. His wife and him had been friends of ours (not close) but through other friends and in fact had been to Portugal to visit us years ago. Anyway it turns out it is him, he lives just 15 minutes away, his wife left him last year and he had no idea I had moved back to the UK. Anyway he has invited me to dinner tomorrow evening which will be lovely, we knew many friends in common and 1st met in our early 20's. Life for me at the moment seems to be full of twists, turns and unbelievable coincidences......
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Hi Guys!

I am busily preparing for my flight to France and just wanted to pop in.

Papmom-I'm sorry you were disappointed but with your perseverance, I know you'll find just the right job. I'm glad your potential boss got to see how you interact with others....if she could see how you interact with us, she would have hired you on the spot.

Lav-GREAT news about Lily. I know you must have been worried.

Chill-I always love hearing about your potential love life, current love life, or those you have decided won't be in your love life.:H:l Sounds like you're putting in a lot of hours on the new jub but you are finding time to work out, too.

Mario-great to see you!

Rustop-you're a groomer, too. What kind of horses do you have? I'm envious! Please post a picture if you feel comfortable. I miss riding. I may do it again.

Kisses and hugs, guys....staying AF this week may be a struggle, but if I want support, I'll read Pap's post from yesterday on the Daily Thread. Pap, wow, good for you for urge surfing and knocking out the beast. There will be wine everywhere on this trip.

I'll check in when I get there.

:hRusty

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Rusty;1144279 wrote:
                          ...if she could see how you interact with us, she would have hired you on the spot.

Kisses and hugs, guys....staying AF this week may be a struggle, but if I want support, I'll read Pap's post from yesterday on the Daily Thread. Pap, wow, good for you for urge surfing and knocking out the beast. There will be wine everywhere on this trip.
                          Rusty you are so spot on! Papmom is such an asset to us and any company that doesnt hire her is missing out on a very special person. Pap if you need character references we are all here!

Rusty - safe trip and check in as much as poss, I understand your concerns, the French and their wine are inseparable but you are one determined lady to be reckoned with. Sending you much strength and love. :l
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

I love you right back, Chill.:h:l Someday we shall meet in Paris or Barcelona.

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Good Morning Jaunty Juliers!!

Chill and Rusty-thank you so much for the encouragement. i have lots to keep me busy today thank goodness. I started out with WW where I am up 2.4 lbs which I knew was the case. I spent most of this past week worrying about the interview and as usual, used fast food and sugar to deal with it. Our meeting today was very good and I feel remotivated. Even tho I have E-tools, I did break down and buy the 3 month diary. Sometimes all I want to do is just jot down what I have eaten and not be bothered with finding it in the database or creating it. That I save for the end of the day. If I find I am using the diary more than the e-tools I will cancel that subscription. If it turns out to be one more tool in my arsenal than money well spent. I do know that when I track I lose, even if I don't exercise so that is my focus for this week. Feel free to hold me accountable if you want!!

Rusty-thank you for reminding me that I forgot to include that little victory in my post last nite. I copied and pasted from the daily thread and not quite sure why it wasn't included. I didn't mean to leave that out. Here it is and in case it will help someone else, I'm going to start a separate thread in Monthly Abs so people can find it easily.

Posted 7/8/11:
                              Oh, I will leave you all with this little victory. After shopping last nite I was experiencing most of HALT -mostly the hungry/tired part-a little angry at the clothes designers. Anyway, as we were being led to our table, I had a huge Pinot Grigio thought. I remembered how refreshing and how relaxing a nice glass of that always felt after a marathon,frustrating shopping trip. I knew my sis would have a glass and for a fleet second I thought I would cave and order one. Just one. I even picked up the wine list but I did so hoping they would have a neat tropical drink I could order virgin style (I never looked at a wine list-I always drank the house PG). And lo and behold they had FOUR different lemonade flavors and some other cool AF drinks. I was almost giddy with relief AND I was so excited when he put down the strawberry-lemonade in front of me. I wouldn't have traded that for a PG for all the money in the world at that moment. And it was GOOD!! Really GOOD! High Five!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jaunty July - Week 1

Papmom thanks for that share, I have one too....

I was in the supermarket this afternoon and decided I'd buy a bottle of good wine to take to my friend/date's house tomorrow evening for dinner. The AL isle is one I never go down and once there I found myself romantically reminising over my fav chardonnay labels and drooling at the sauvingon blanc. The thoughts running through my mind were like "spliting a bottle of wine is so civilized, perhaps I could now do that and stop" "It would be so nice to experience that 1st warm sensation again and relax together sipping that gorgeous wine". Then you were all there in the isle with me shouting "BULLSHIT" "Do you actually remember what it was like to wake up in the morning way back then?!" "would you honestly swap that for how happy and healthy you feel now?!" "NO WAY CHILL, that aint happening!" :no: :no: :no: I swear you guys were all there beside me :l
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X