Weekly AA Thread - July 6 - July 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimberly!!! :yougo::yougo::yougo: My goodness your post brought tears to my eyes!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! "When the student is ready the teacher will appear." Enjoy the next phase of your growth in sobriety!

Always remember that no matter what the outcome with a sponsor - whether it's for a short time or a very long time - you will learn much that is valuable from the experience. At least that has been very true for me.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Kimberly: Having a sponsor makes all the difference. I just took the 3rd step recently & couldn't have done it wo/a sponsor to guide me.

Last night's business meeting was interesting. We brought up some issues for discussion, & one of my friends (my sponsor in fact) didn't feel she was being listened wholeheartedly. We worked through the tension as best a bunch of alcoholics possibly could. I think she went home feeling a little better, though I called this morning & she wasn't home. In hindsight, I observed us trying to give everyone a chance to voice their thoughts & opinions respectfully regardless of how uncomfortable that might have been. In the past, a bunch of alcoholics would have used a disagreement as a reason to drink &/or make a scene. I have faith that it'll work itself out.

Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X