AF Daily- FRIDAY July 8,2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all whizzing in need to catch up properly.
    swim, spa done - now waiting for gorgeous indian food to arrive and oh and more sopranos dvd binge - yay!

Bean - what rollerderby teams you watching?I am watching some tomorrow in the UK - hope you enjoy!

zooming off now - but happy af weekend everyone.will try to post properly tomorrow and catch up with you all.

Greeni- love the post on worry - big (soon to be ex) hobby of mine - have you read any albert ellis rational emotional behavioural therapy - really helping me!
    my plan is
    not to count my chickens re af!
    gym tomorrow skating early sunday am
    gardening sunday pm and washing

Monday off work too wooooooot!
    one day at a time

Comment

Rehab Day four

Hi, again!

Done with our last day for the week, and it went well. Some groups are better than others. We had to watch a DVD on gambling today, as somebody was out sick and the guy who came in was trying to get two sessions going. That was not interesting to me. But we had another group on Recovery as a Wellness Strategy, and that was a good one. I am trying to access my ebay account--down for some reason--to order SEVEN WEEKS TO SOBRIETY, as I know it has been recommended here, and deals a lot with nutrition. And I know that I need to get back to vigorous exercise soon. Had a great cookout last night, and even made a meeting. Am going to one tonight, and at least one each day of the weekend. Will spend time with a couple of the other women here--and maybe one of the guys. Am much less nervous about the unstructured time now.

DG, you always have good advice, and I know that whatever happens with the license thing is in God's hands, not mine. Thank you for the reminder!

I hope that all of you have a good weekend! I'll be checking in!!

Appreciate all the kind support!

:thanks:TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

All is well. Got my message. Rebooked. Therapist lost on highway, eventually showed up. Thank god. Please strike from the record the comments on flibertyjibbets Your Honor. I was wrong. One word only: INFRASPINITA. Holy cow. That is all.
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo;1143653 wrote: Greenie you are special person to let your dad phone you that often in the middle of the night and not be freaking out about it. Well... he's in a nursing home so if HE is calling then it's not something that requires my attention in the middle of the night.

Lavande;1143645 wrote: My plan for the day is to NOT WORRY about Ms Lily having an ultrasound of her hip today. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything is alright. :l

Bean;1143683 wrote:
          Morning All!

FH? I'm thinking F_______Head. Am I right? Am I right?
          F___ Head or Former Husband, depending on how he's acting.

momof3;1143680 wrote:
          I look at conquering worry for myself as having to train my brain to think differently. So, when a worry comes up I say, "don't go there."
          Me too. Redirecting the thoughts and reframing the situation. Not easy,either!

I think I'm going to give myself a couch potato night. Bear my eyebrow went up over "gorgeous indian food". Boy does that sound good. Pets are begging for dinner so I must tend to them and all the stuff I drug home during the course of the day. Happily it's mostly fresh produce.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello again,

I must go on record that the poem posted from me today was all Greeneye's. I do not do poetry.

You all would be proud of prairie woman today. She replaced a broken muffler on the mower. I have a new respect for all mechanics. Damn.

P3, I hope you took those damn pantyhose off first thing. Hope the job thing works out.

Lav--sounds like Lily has a great doc--better safe than sorry.

Kaslo--as Jeff Foxworthy would say "HERE's YOUR SIGN"

All my husband needs to do is learn a little tact. When he saw that I had bought a couple of soaker hoses, instead of telling me he was going to throw away all my old ones that he is sick and tired of tripping over everytime he gets his windmill repairs--he could have just said "Did you realize you have some up in the shed Honey?" I had forgotten, I suppose he put them there when cleaning out his shop. I don't think they are any good anymore, but I drug them all out and I will check them out and then pitch them myself. So there.

Have a good sober weekend all. :h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Pe, I'm glad the interview went well. I'll continue to imagine you getting a good offer and accepting it with an early start date!

Well, after the carpet cleaning, the drip stains all the way down the hall and through part of the dining room are still there. This is from when he was wet-sawing the tile and carrying it through the house to the bathroom without putting down drop cloths. I sent him an e-mail telling him they didn't come out and we needed to talk on Monday. That section of carpet ties into 4 rooms, with the main 2 being the living room and dining room. How will I ever resolve this? Ugh.
              sigpic

Comment

Small Claims Court Greenie???? :H
                Hopefully he's insured.........

Just wanted to tell you the No Worry method worked out well. Lily's hip US turned out fine, no problems. Likely what the Pediatrician was noticing was a more formed muscle on one side of her butt........she's rolling over normally for a 4 month old & even tries to pull herself up into a sitting position

papmom, hope you schedule in some relax time for yourself this weekend after a grueling week, interview, etc!!

LVT, you installed a muffler? Seriously? I'm afraid the women here on the East coast just don't have those skills :H Good for you!!!

Had some rain this afternoon but no big storms as predicted. Still very muggy, yuck.

How's the outfit coming along Det? Let me know if you need any snake skin for it ~ apparently there's plenty around here

bear, hope your weekend goes well!

Has anyone seen Pamina around?
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thanks for all the good wishes folks. I am tryin very hard to let my serenity accept that which I cannot change. I did my best today and nothing is going to happen this weekend so to rehash it in my mind and keep wishing for a different outcome will not benefit me in the least. It's sooooo hard tho!!

I too feel a couch potato like evening coming on. I'm exhausted and don't even feel like doing the dishes which need doing badly. They will be there tomorrow however as I do not have little elves living in the walls that will do them for me.

Tomorrow is WW (ugh-NOT a good week) and a 3pm vet appointment for poor Mickey. He's got a sore on his butt that isn't healing. He's so uncomfy poor thing. I'm actually hoping it is a bad weather day so I can concentrate on indoor work without guilt.

Greenie-Pets? Plural? I thought you only had doggy? As for the carpet? My suggestion would be to get rid of it!! are there hardwoods underneath? If not and the professional cleaners couldn't get the stains out then your plumber needs to pony up and have the part that is ruined replaced. That's what his insurance is for. His stupidity for not laying down drop cloths.

Kas-glad you finally able to get your massage (or were you really waiting for a message?). I've never had one but I did purchase a $60 massage for $25 from Groupon. Still haven't booked the appointment. Need to in the next 6 months tho. Is it worth it?

I like snakes where they belong-outside! I NEVER want to see one in the house. Then I get freaked out.

Deter-for 14 years I NEVER had a bunny in the yard. Now my yardeth overrun. I'm very surprised the dogs haven't caught one yet. My bunnies are extremely intelligent!! Either that or my doggies are extremely dumb!! They are however feasting on bunny poop. Good thing it's vegetarian!!

Lav-pings being sent that Lilly's hips are fine and she will outgrow any displasia.

TDN-good job on Day 4. Seems like this rehab place really agrees with you. Find it wierd they leave you to your own devices on the weekends tho. That's usually the danger time for us alkies. Keep strong and keep going to those meetings so you're not tempted.

I can't remember who else checked in today so please forgive me. My brain is fried.

Oh, I will leave you all with this little victory. After shopping last nite I was experiencing most of HALT -mostly the hungry/tired part-a little angry at the clothes designers. Anyway, as we were being led to our table, I had a huge Pinot Grigio thought. I remembered how refreshing and how relaxing a nice glass of that always felt after a marathon,frustrating shopping trip. I knew my sis would have a glass and for a fleet second I thought I would cave and order one. Just one. I even picked up the wine list but I did so hoping they would have a neat tropical drink I could order virgin style (I never looked at a wine list-I always drank the house PG). And lo and behold they had FOUR different lemonade flavors and some other cool AF drinks. I was almost giddy with relief AND I so excited when he put down the strawberry-lemonade in front of me. I wouldn't have traded that for a PG for all the money in the world at that moment. And it was GOOD!! Really GOOD! High Five!!
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Xpost Lav! So glad Lilly is OK! Better safe than sorry.

hmmmm, muffler. no prob. :H You retain the Prairie Woman title LVT!!

It's muggy here too.
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello Guys,

Okay, I didn't figure out the picture posting thing - obviously as it didn't work! I'll try over the weekend.

Lav, glad to hear Lily is OK.

BTW we have plenty of snakes down here if anyone needs to borrow one in the future! I live on a lake so they're all over the place.

Have a great night all.

Comment

Good news about Lily!

Muffler.... Can't top that!

TDN, love the way you're staying in touch in rehab.

mylive I've seen a number of snakes at the river. Lumpy - like they just ate somebody.

P3 there's a cat too. But he spends the night in the garage and does whatever during the day as he's banned from the house since he insisted on peeing in it. BTW - good choice on the strawberrylemonade - isn't that just da bomb?? I LOVE that stuff!

Well the carpet thing.... yes, protective measures were his responsibility. Replacing the section will be really obvious in a high visibility and high traffic area where the living room, dining room and hall merge. No hardwood - concrete slab. I don't see that ever looking OK. He's such a nice guy - I know, I know...I hate he made a stupid mistake but I don't want to live with the stains or an unsightly color blend attempt.

SO! Rather than worrying about possible negative outcomes, I will visualize the owner of the carpet cleaning company coming over with his tricks up his sleeve and getting the stains out for a reasonable price which the bathroom guy gratefully covers. P3, I'm feeling right now that eww that's hard to do but I'm tired, thirsty and a little hungry and things look differently now than they will in the AM after a good sleep and yoga class.

A woman came home from the market
                        to find some stains on the carpet.

She said "They're shaped like a penis;
                        It must be from Enis."
                        And yes, that's exactly how they marked it.
                        sigpic

Comment

back home after a long day trip

Papmom, whew! good job!

Lav, so glad Lilly is in good shape

ok, contrary to popular belief, the GarlicMan superhero outfit doesn't not include pantyhose.
                          but yes, GarlicMan does do dishes. he cooks....he cleans....but he doesn't dance.

hey, 2 outta 3 aint so bad eh?

stopped by Whole Foods and got some grass fed beef so I'm making some spicy meat-a-balls. woo hooo!

hope to catch yoos in chat tonight....it's fun and we don't bite...really!

xxxx
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                          X