there was a young cat with the snivels
    who loved to puke up her kibbles
    she met a nice dog from EEEEnis
    and tho they aren't from the same genus
    they lived happily ever after.
    the end

?

ok then....

DoggyGirl, sounds like a day of deep introspection. glad your good and well! I had an O'douls on Thursday night at dinner and couldn' t even finish it. weird but that's normal for me with NA beers.

Doglvr, good job! so glad your sticking with us and kicking butt

well, hauled myself off to Systema class which I haven't done in ages and I think I'm going to be pleasantly sore. whew! good clean fun.

Bear, I'm concerned you may not be getting adequate dietary protein and good fats. they are so critical in mood/depression and our ability to cope with stress.

Guitarista, how did you come upon such an interesting job?

ok, must work on my Gman suit......

be well everyone and all to come
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af daily sat 9 july

Hey all-vet appointment went well but pricey for 15 min of service!! Poor doggy had a ruptured anal gland but the smallest rupture the vet has ever seen. They shaved his hind end again and this time you can tell this weren't no grooming salon! No regard for his beautiful now destroyed coulottes. Oh well, they will grow back in about a year. He's now on antibiotics and pain meds. Poor baby.

DG-all I can say is :l :l. I think sometimes it is sooooo much work to remain AF and when you re around drinkers its even MORE work and sometimes it would be so much easier to just cave or go the AF beer/wine route so that you seem to fit in. I'm glad you didn't go there because I wonder how big a step it is from O'Doul's to regular beer on a hot Saturday afternoon around drinkers. I'm thinking not big at all. Hope the guy with the new GF got home OK. Shame on him for getting that drunk and having to drive WITH his poor daughter in the car!!

Greenie-is your phone an I phone? if it is I bet you can get a free one. If not, good luck. Never heard of the microwave thing.

Lav-hope Maxie is OK and handling old age well.

Doglvr-way to go on getting through the tough situation. Keep up the good work.

Deter-great poem!! Can't wait to see the GM suit!

Well I splurged and ordered a cool pink tray to go on the black ottaman I won in a raffle last year and have done nothing with. It's going in the basement along with the pink papasan chair I'll be ordering from Walmart for only $18.00 with free ship to store. The tray was only $9 with free shipping and it's metal so it can't break. Now all I have to do is find a cheap pink 10 x 10 shag or chenille rug and I'll be all set for the next T-Storm!! I'm also going to order a cool radio/weather station/phone charger that is all solar or hand cranked from LL Bean for $25 and it comes in PINK!! yes it does! This will be great for storms AND for the Paphut.
      This is how I deal with feeling unsettled. I shop. And eat ice cream. Hoping this feeling goes away very soon-I can't afford it!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

af daily sat 9 july

Crikey! OK, BACK from the phone store - my address book had to be copied and transferred on their machine and it doesn't differentiate people's cell, home, work numbers. And THAT took 45 minutes and I have another new phone and sim card. So I retireved my old phone and it is sitting in a bowl of rice (scared to microwave it). If I can just locate my magic wand now to wave over it ...:H

P3 - I got ice cream on the way home. I can't shop after unexpected car expenses came up. Funny though, now that I have it I don't really want it.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily sat 9 july

CONGRATS TO DG & PAMOM for kicking AL's butt! You both rock
          I hate that we will spend the rest of our lives on guard duty but it's better that the alternative

Hello to you too G!
          Always so nice to hear from the gentlemen

Det, the other gentleman ~ how's that suit coming along????

Hello Doglvr, glad to hear you are haning in with us!

Hope you can either get your phone dried or replaced Greenie. Right now I'm using a Samsung Fascinate. Bought it online (refurbished) for $30. I love it

papmom, I bought YB one of those radios several years ago to take with him while out fishing, etc. I doubt he ever used it. I should have bought him the pink one.

The YB chores remain undone.
          I'm not happy.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sat 9 july

Lavande;1144613 wrote: I should have bought him the pink one.
            LOL Lav!! I bet he shows up tomorrow. Saturday, Sunday-they're both the same to YBs right?

Just finished checking out rugs online. GAWD they're expensive!! The cheapest I can get is $300! I think not! I just put out a request on freecycle although I don't hold out much hope. I'll have to think of something else. I have dridek tiles on the basement floor-OSB color so pretty blah. Didn't really want to paint the whole floor. Hmmm. thinking cap on.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

af daily sat 9 july

papmom,
              Did you know that you can have a rug dyed?
              I never heard of that until my eldery neighbors moved to a house with newer carpeting but they didn't like the color. They found someone to come in & dye it for them
              Just a thought if you can find an affordable light color rug.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X