A Small Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Small Victory

I think I am thinking of it in a similar way to what you describe!!
    one day at a time

Comment

A Small Victory

bear73;1145023 wrote: I think I am thinking of it in a similar way to what you describe!!
      Well, I can't say what is right for you, but I am very sure my decision just to stay away from it was the right decision for me. I suspect had I gone there, I would be wanting to go there some more today...blah blah blah. AL leading me by the nose down the path to you know where. NO GOIN' THERE!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A Small Victory

P3 and DG,

Thanks so much to for your posts. I am damn grateful that I have folks like you in my virtual life who are serious about staying AF and are honest enough to talk about the challenges we face from time to time.

I feel grateful that I have not had any strong urges of late but I do not take that for granted nor do I think for one minute that it is not possible. I am also grateful that my thoughts about alcohol have changed so much. I never for one minute think about alcohol as a reward for anything (such as a hard day at work or something to relax me momentarily). I view alcohol as poison that has the potential to take away my soul because that is what it did before and no way, not ever do I want to go back there again.

M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

A Small Victory

Bear, if you're thinking about AF beer the same way as alcoholic beer it might be best to avoid it.
          I had a pleasant surprise upon trying AF wine recently. I don't like sweet drinks, so it was a good alternative. It didn't really taste like wine and certainly didn't have the bite of wine, but I felt like I'd HAD a wine, which I don't after juice or soft drink, and I easily stopped after 1 1/2 glasses, which made it last a few days. It might help ease people in to a period AF, but I wouldn't substitute it long term

Comment

A Small Victory

Doggygirl;1144894 wrote: Chilli, I really love the bodyguard analogy. That puts it all in the positive perspective where it belongs!

I am at home here too G. I am so grateful we all found our way here, and that we have each other for support and to help the newcomers.

DG

:h:h:h

greeneyes;1144897 wrote:
            Absolutely. I think of a post/thread like this and the ripple effect it has like the circular ripples across a pond when pebble is dropped. The message of insight and strength certainly spreads.
            :h:h:h

Yep.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
            X